“Great Room and Helpful Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prum Bayon Hotel

You added Prum Bayon Hotel to your Saves list
Prum Bayon Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   545, National Road No 6 | Svay Dangkum Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia   |
Ranked #150 of 244 Hotels in Siem Reap
Los Angeles
“Great Room and Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

The Prum Bayon was a pleasant surprise for us, as we had yet to book a hotel once we arrived. We were referred by a fellow traveler who recommended the hotel and we were graciously greeted with a cold towel and friendly manger, Mr. Sokum, along with his staff.

They provided us a great room for a great rate, a very competitive rate compared to nearby hotels, and they were very helpful throughout our stay in booking taxi's to Angkor Wat and nearby restaurants. I could not have asked for a better find!

The rooms are very clean and quite large. Our stay included complimentary buffet breakfast and they have a very nice pool that is open until 9pm.

Best of all, Mr. Sokum is flexible for most aspects of your hotel stay, from Internet usage to room rates. Overall, this was a marvelous hotel to spend the 2 days we were in Siem Reap. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

Stayed for 3 days. Clean and tidy, Good rooms and value for money. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Christchurch
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

My wife and I stayed a Prum Bayon Hotel in Cambodia on our trip through SE Asia in November 2009.
We were greeted at the airport by the free hotel pickup. This was very good, and we appreciated the ride through the countryside on the “Remorque Moto” after being in Bangkok for 5 days.
The hotel management was very efficient, end eager to help us with ideas of attractions and the sites of Siem Reap to visit.
The rooms were nice, and well air conditioned, with views out over the town itself (and an amazing view of the sunset!)
The hotel did appear to be slightly overstaffed, considering that their only appeared to be a few other people staying there.
Also, some of the staff were a little unprofessional – with us witnessing the “restaurant manager” sneaking shots of Johnny Walker (Black Label) while overseeing the breakfast service!
Also, the maids were obviously busy going through our belongings (rather than cleaning the room – as it was never really cleaned over the time we were there – more just straightened up) – and trying on my wife’s makeup! (This was obvious by the mess they left the makeup in).
After seeing how eager to get into the room they were (thinking we were out) – this all made sense.
The pool is very nice, and a welcome relief after visiting the temples all day.
I did get quite sick after eating dinner in the restaurant on our last night there though – but again put this down to the unprofessional “restaurant manager”.
Over all – I think I would recommend staying here – if you don’t mind some unprofessional staff (perhaps a sign of tourism being quite new in Cambodia).
Note - If you do stay here - ask for Phirom to drive you around the temples ($14 USD a day) - He was truely great!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

This hotel and its people saved my trip to Seam Reap! As a young woman traveling by myself for the first time, I was rather disoriented about what to do and very worried about being on my own. Manager Sokun Men and his team went out of their way to make me feel at ease, and help plan my three-day stay to make the best of my time in Siem Reap. The rooms are very nice, clean, well kept, super spacious, air conditioned and with very comfortable beds. They offer very good internet service, nice food at the restaurant, excellent laundry service, and a nice pool…quite the treat after a hot day sweating and walking your feet off at the different temples. The location is perfect, close to all the cultural sites and close to the city center and restaurant/bar strip…and the price could not be better. I did not have a hotel when I arrive in Siem Reap, so I told the motorcycle driver that I got at the airport to take me to an affordable one, the first hotel he took me to was terrible, once I ran out of it completely horrified, the driver took me to the Prum Bayon, I was very pleased and surprised that for just a little bit more of money per night (like ten dollars), I went from a dump to such a nice place!! This is wonderful place to stay and you will get to meet the extremely kind and gracious people that work there. Do not let your moto (tuk tuk) driver take you to another hotel...ask for the Prum Bayon and you will be set.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

It was my first visit to South-Eastern Asia and i was really amazed!!! Cambodia is so exotic and well-smelled!!! I recommend Prum Bayon hotel for all tourists. Our room was without window, but it was cheap enough, only 30$. The swimming pool is great. Staff is very friendly. I can say nothing about breakfast because we didn't get it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Thanks for all the staff from Prum Bayon Hotel. Their services were so good and efficient. If got chance we would like to introduce this hotel to our friends from Malaysia to stay at Prum Bayon Hotel. To us the kindness and the warmest to serve customer is the successful of company. YOU DID IT !

Teoh and Teng

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Nice
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

nice 3 * hotel . Staffs are very friendly. They go out of their way to please the guests.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Prum Bayon Hotel? Share your experiences!