“Perfect location and wonderful staff. A perfect Angkor base” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Angkor

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Angkor to your Saves list
Le Meridien Angkor
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Vithei Charles de Gaulle, Khum Svay Dang Kum | Siem Reap City, Kingdom of Cambodia, Siem Reap, Cambodia   |
Ranked #65 of 220 hotels in Siem Reap
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Perfect location and wonderful staff. A perfect Angkor base”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in this property and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not perfect but very close.

The hotel is very spread out and has a graceful feel. It is very well maintained and spotless in side and out. The public areas are beautiful and very comfortable.

The main restaurant's ala cart food was excellent. The breakfast buffet had anything you could ever want. The bar was a great place to unwind after walking all over Angkor.

Our room was large, clean and ( mostly ) well appointed. Wifi worked very well. My only gripes with the room was the absence of a bedside table on both sides of the bed and one of the oldest TVs I have seen in years.

We sought advice and guidance from the staff on several occasions and were not disappointed. They were kind, courteous and very knowledgable. Everything they did, they did really, really well.

This is a perfect hotel for your base of operations while in Angkor

Room Tip: It is a big hotel. If you don't like walking, choose a room near the front of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Veasna B, Online Marketing Executive at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with Le Méridien Angkor during your visit to Siem Reap. It brings us much joy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we truly appreciate your compliments.

We apologies for the absence of a bedside table in your room during your stay. I shall address this matter to my team for future improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Angkor very soon.

873 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I debated whether or not to stay at Le Meridien because it doesn’t include breakfast. Other nice hotels in the area do include it, and for much cheaper, but I finally stuck with Le Meridien and used cash and points. I think the going rate for the room is overpriced compared with other hotels, but 1600 SPG points +$30 is fair. (It’s going up to 2000 points and $35 beginning in March 2013, I believe. If you’re paying cash, though, it’s hard to justify $150 a night or so compared with what you can get elsewhere for $50-60 a night including breakfast. Overall, I'm glad I stayed there and recommended it to others.

PROs
 Breakfast Buffet: The breakfast buffet was incredible. It wasn’t included in my room (cash & points), but they offered it to me for $10 a day and waived the fee for my children. It was a nice gesture that I really appreciated. They actually did vary the menu a little from day to day; it’s nice to not eat the same stuff every day.
 Internet: I’m only an SPG Preferred Guest (similar to SPG Gold), but they gave me free internet. Very handy.
 SPG Kids Pass: I didn’t get this, but it’s available for $10 a day. If we were eating more meals in, I would have tried this. It looked very reasonable.
 Staff: In emailing before our trip and in every interaction at the hotel, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Very good service.

CONs
 Exterior: The exterior is somewhat imposing, looking like a concrete bunker, but the grounds are great and the inside was well-decorated.
 Instant Coffee: Only Nescafe instant coffee in the rooms- no real coffee maker.
 Lack of Privacy in Bathroom: There is a window between the bathroom and bedroom. Fine. But the shutters cannot be locked and are easily opened from the bedroom- even if bumped. Also, there are plenty of gaps in the shutters to see through. Absolutely no sound barrier as well. For most people this isn’t an issue, but when travelling my young children, I always appreciate the ability to use the bathroom in peace.

SUGGESTIONS FOR MANAGEMENT:
 Add a simple locking latch to the shutters from inside the bathroom.
 Put some LCD TV’s in the rooms. The current TV’s are probably only 20” big and are the old tube style.

TIPS FOR GUEST:
 A taxi from the airport to the hotel for me and my 3 children cost USD $7 total one way; later I found out that there is free airport transportation from the hotel.
 I paid $10-14 a day for a tuk-tuk driver to take us around; it’s a great way to get around.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Le Méridien Angkor. We appreciate that you have took time to offer us a constructive feedback with us.

We shall take note about the feedbacks that you have suggested for improvements. I will discuss with my team as it is our utmost desire to provide our guests with a memorable vacation experience.

I hope that you will offer us an opportunity to welcome you back at Le Méridien Angkor for your next visit to Siem Reap and I will personally arrange your stay with us.

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

actually very few words can be said about this hotel simply perfect and friendly. rooms are very clean and having good view of the back yard garden .

front desk reception is well organized and very friendly almost at every point of our stay we received their assistance

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Veasna B, Online Marketing Executive at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Le Méridien Angkor and also for taking the time to share your compliments with us. I am certain that our team will be happy to hear your encouraging feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Le Meridien Angkor for a short two day visit to Siem Reap. I was looking for some R & R and close proximity to the temples as I was traveling along. I was a bit concern about booking this SPG hotel based on the reviews, however it was more than I expected; quality and relaxation at every turn.

Thank you to the staff for their excellent customer service and making my stay enjoyable! According to my local tour guide this is one of the top 3 five star resort in the Angkor area, I agree with his assessment of the Le Meriden.

Ms. Huff

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Veasna B, Online Marketing Executive at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your detailed experience during your recent visit to Siem Reap.

We appreciate your compliments. It is great to hear you were impressed with our hotel services and facilities.

We shall share your comments among our service team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Angkor very soon.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel during our Ankor Wat adventure and loved it. I've been to other Le Meridien hotels and depending on age of hotel, it can be sometimes dated and not up to standards. This was by far the best Le Meridien hotel in my experience. Half way between the town and the wats, it was a great base considering that we hired a tuk tuk for 3 days and a car for another. Everyone at the hotel was very nice. Did not try the restaurant as it was considerably more expensive than the restaurants in town. Will love to stay again if I get a chance to come back to Siem Reap.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Veasna B, Online Marketing Executive at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are overwhelmed to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we truly appreciate your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Angkor very soon.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I chose this hotel because it was the closest one to the temple complexes. Our guide brought us to our hotel for us to leave our bags before we started on our temple touring. It was about 1pm and there seemed to be lots of tourist leaving. We were informed that our room was not ready as yet. We informed the front desk manager that we didn’t need the room for several hours, but we had some things in our luggage that needed to be brought inside and could they do that. They were very accommodating about this and assured us that our room (an upgrade because of my wife’s SPG status) would be ready upon our return. When we returned we signed in and a manager escorted us to our room and explained all of the rooms features to us. Our bags had already been brought to our room and everything was ready for us.

Because it was late and we were tired we went downstairs to the hotels dining room for dinner. We were one of the few diners there, but the service was great and the food was certainly delicious. For the next two mornings we had the very good hotel buffet breakfast and were well satisfied each day.

Everything at this hotel was good, but not great. The TV was an old style TV set not a newer flat screen. The telephones were cordless, but because the room power had been off were not charged and had to be used in a hands free mode in the receiver. The bed looked good, but was probably the least comfortable one of our whole trip. All in all because we were staying at this hotel on SPG points it was a great value, but I would have to evaluate it if I was having to pay for the room.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quiter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your compliment and it is great to hear you are impressed with our hospitable service.

We apologize that our room interior did not meet your expectation and we appreciate your constructive comments for our future improvements.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Le Méridien Angkor for your next visit to Siem Reap and I will personally arrange your stay with us.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Spent a week here during Chinese new year with friends. Really enjoyed the time and although its a resort style hotel it suited our purposes. The rooms are a good size and breakfast included. Had dinner here on the first night and it was OK, spent most nights at several of the local restaurants which are a tuk tuk ride away. Breakfast can be rushed especially with tour groups in town so it seemed they may have been down on staff, however if you chill it's not a problem.
Gym is small but not used much so wasn't a problem, the pool area is nice. Also enjoyed a massage which although nice a bit expensive.
Staff were excellent, always friendly and helpful, especially the concierge's who assisted with some restaurant bookings.
Really enjoyed Siem Reap and will be back.

Room Tip: I was on the service road side , i think garden view would be nicer, its a long walk to the lifts so...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Veasna B, Online Marketing Executive at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire team at Le Méridien Angkor, we thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us.

Our team at Le Méridien Angkor will be delighted to hear your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort again very soon.

Masahiro Taguchi

Been to Le Meridien Angkor? Share your experiences!