Having confirmed my trip to Cambodia quite late and precisely around high season (New Years) I was lucky enough to have stumbled in with this hotel, being literally one of the last available options in Siem Reap. Although I'm writing this review under the Grand Soluxe Hotel, I found my room under a different hotel name: Palace residence & Villa. It just so happens this resort (Grand Soluxe) offers it's luxury villas under this name with a different set of amenities than the ones found on the main hotel's website.
The main hotel consists of rooms arranged in two towers and, on an opposite side, about 10 or so villas, all located on large and well maintained grounds with ponds, green areas and a huge pool. Both, rooms and villas, share facilities such as restaurants, pool, etc. However the package deal for the villas makes them stand out for good value for money.
Daily 25 min foot massage, open minibar, one time 55 min khmer massage, one time 4-course dinner at the awesome Khmer cuisine restaurant and the best of all: a private car and driver at our disposal to go around the Angkor area for as long as 8 hours everyday! It really can't get better than that given the fact that everybody comes to Angkor and have to hire separately the tours to temples and stuff.
The hotel itself is great, well maintained, staff extremely helpful and good restaurants.
The one bedroom villa was fantastic, spacious and comfortable. Huge bathroom with an outside shower. The hotel is located outside Siem Reap's chaos which in many ways is a positive thing. After all the dust, the heat and the sweat you gather during the day running the temples, the last thing you want is mess and chaos.
Highly recommended hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is the first Cambodian-owned premier luxury five-star resort accommodation. Its design, décor and furnishing reflect the finest in Cambodian architecture befitting royalties and dignitaries.Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace Resort & Spa is a 259-key 11-hectare resort located in Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. The resort is strategically located and equidistant to locations such as the airport, the famous and popular pub street as well as the must-see Angkor temple complex. The resort provides an extremely relaxed and rejuvenating experience for all its guests with facilities including villas, golf driving range, tennis courts, spa, food and beverage outlets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Angkor Palace Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace Hotel Siem Reap
- Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace, Resort And Spa
- Angkor Palace Hotel
- Angkor Palace Resort