“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 244 Hotels in Siem Reap
Adelaide, Australia
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

You can't fault this place with the staff being so welcoming from the moment we arrived. When you get back each day, they actually say welcome home! On my birthday, I was even presented with a cake and half a doz staff singing happy birthday to me. Beautiful setting, great breakfast and felt like royalty!

Room Tip: Try for a ground floor pool view or any room with a pool view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed at the Shinta Mani Resort for 3 nights as part of a group tour package. From the very beginning, when we were greeted by scented wet cloths and bottles of water as we walked into the entrance, we knew we were staying at a nice place.

The rooms are set up around a garden court yard with a pool. They are surrounded by very nice grounds. The room itself was very nice - two shower heads (rain-style and a directed head), water provided for brushing teeth, tile floors, comfortable bed. There was some noise outside during the day, but it wasn't loud while we were there in the evenings.

Breakfast was included. Overall, it was very nice - we were able to eat outside and enjoy the cooler mornings. There is a buffet portion and a selection you can order (eggs, pancakes, waffles, etc). The only suggestion I would make for improvement is that I would have preferred to get the coffee myself. I think they are using single-serve pods for coffee, and it can take a while to get your order.

Everyone at the hotel is extremely friendly. I think one of the reasons is that the people are really developed by a management team that cares about them. Christian, the general manager, told us how they select local people for an intense training program in the service industry. They had just graduated a class from this program and had a group of new recruits who were starting while we were there. So much of Siem Reap's economy is based on tourism that people who have the skills to work with Western tourists are in demand. I felt good supporting a hotel that was supporting local people.

Finally, my flight out of Cambodia did not leave until 10:30pm. While check-out was at noon, the hotel allowed us to check into another room on the Shinta Mani Club side of the street till 8pm. It was so nice having a place to go to and relax in between doing things during that last day in Siem Reap. I also need to say that the Shinta Mani Club was also very nice - and if we hadn't been in the resort, we would have thought that room was the best we'd stayed in while in Cambodia. As it was, the Shinta Mani Resort room WAS the best one we stayed in while visiting Cambodia. Definitely a good place to stay if you're in the area

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Beautiful hotel, wonderful staff, awesome! Loved the swinging dining seats, felt like we were part of the Shinta Mani family, even though we weren't there for long enough! Very good location, quiet but near to the bustling centre if Siem Reap.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Shinta Mani was one of our highlight stops on our honeymoon! The staff there really went above and beyond to make our stay perfect. The package we had included the 2 days of the beautiful temples. The tour guide Raman was extremely good not only showing us the sites but really giving us an insight into the history and culture. You should definitely request him as your tour guide. Also our driver Mr Shar was fantastic and very helpful.

• Stayed January 2014
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

If you're going to Siem Reap the ONLY place to stay is the Shinta Mani Hotel & Spa. I was there for only 4 days and 3 nights but by the time I left I felt like the entire staff were friends I've know for a while. I was very sad to leave. The hotel itself is beautiful and has an amazing spa with very capable therapists. But, what I really fell in love with were the people who worked there. Christian, the general manager is a wonderful man, and I was told by a few members of the staff that he treats them very well and tries to do everything in the respectful Cambodian way. I was very disappointed to hear that a lot other hotels in Siem Reap do not treat their employees so well. He, Tevy and the rest of the beautiful team at Shinta Mani made it feel like a home away from home. The only downside?? No fitness center but that's so small in comparison to all the upsides this hotel has to offer. I strongly urge you to stay here to enjoy your time in Siem Reap.

• Stayed December 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

From the outside it doesn't look like on of the best hotels.
When you go inside and meet the staff you understand that it's something different .or by there words: we the 240 staff members wants you to fill you arrived home to your family.
The room is great ,breakfast is excellent and you can order a nice variety of food.
To conclude one of the best hotels I have stayed

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was probably my 6th stay at this hotel, which has now expanded across the street as well, and I continue to be AWED by the staff who always remember my name as if I was just there the week before, instead of months later, as well as by the super comfy five star beds, powerful showers and my swanky balcony for practicing yoga, or toasting the moonlight.

Anyone who knows Shinta Mani from when it was a mere 18 room inn will be especially blown away by the 2012 rebuild by Architectural Digest darling Bill Bensley -- if you dream of staying in his cover girls like Four Seasons Tented Camp, The Siam and InterContinental Danang but find the rates beyond your imagination, THIS is the place for you. Bensley was so touched by Shinta Mani's philanthropic endeavors that he endowed this property with the same photogenic finishes and five star details like the rain showers, outdoor day bed swings in the restaurant for leisurely breakfasts of fresh cut fruit and Khmer noodles, and those decadent beds.

The European manager Christian de Boer can be seen around the property all day and into the night, talking to guests in his repetoire of languages, and paying attention to the tiny details, the very things that make the difference between Shinta Mani and the scores of less memorable addresses around this tourist town.

Beyond the yummy food day into night, the designer accommodations, super speedy internet, sparkly swimming pools and homemade cookies at evening turndown, it is all the people not just the GM who make this place stand out. The Cambodian founder started the hotel and a hospitality training school at the same time, so many of the staff are like the spa manager who I learned comes from a very humble background in the countryside but now runs this fantastic spa (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) and encouraged his younger sister to come find a better life through the Shinta Mani Development Center as well. I asked about visiting this school and was directed just upstairs from the restaurant. NOTHING is more heartwarming than to spend a few minutes after breakfast or between temple tours saying hello to the English class students and learning about their hopes and dreams which are becoming possible purely through guest visits. How cool is that?

Yes, there are other indulgent properties around town, but none that offers the combination of exceptional value, true luxury and such heartwarming in one stunning spot. Highly, highly recommended -- and I will check in again soon too.

Room Tip: I prefer upper floor rooms with balconies or standard rooms on the 2nd floor because I like the dini...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Shinta Mani Club Siem Reap? Share your experiences!