“Cool hotel close to the action” 5 of 5 stars

Shinta Mani Club Siem Reap
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oum Khun Street, Siem Reap, Cambodia   |
Ranked #1 of 230 Hotels in Siem Reap
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Cool hotel close to the action”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Shinta Mani at the end of October 2013 and absolutely loved it. The hotel has a very cool boutique vibe- lots of great art and modern styling. They also help the locals by providing free room to students while they are attending certain programs, which is pretty amazing.

The rooms are a good size, we had one on the main floor which was cool because it had it's own private courtyard entrance. The beds are really comfortable and there was plenty of hot water and really good air-conditioning -- something some of us take for granted until we go to places like Cambodia where it's 100 degrees every day and night.

Breakfast was included each morning and the selections were good. Our favorite part was the swing tables in the front - we sat there every morning. Also you are only a 5 minute walk from the hustle and bustle of the markets in town.

The staff were all very friendly and polite. While it's true that some of them don't speak very good English, it's absurd to assume that in a country like Cambodia, where people are quite poor, that hotel staff would be proficient in English. We didn't find this to be a problem at all.

I would come back to this hotel in a heartbeat - loved it.

One piece of advice if travelling to Cambodia: Don't bother exchanging money. Everything is priced in American dollars. Bring lots of small bills and you'll be set.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were expecting the best of the best! and felt a little let down. The building, rooms, bar and grounds were 100% high class. The service was a little on the bad side. Many of the staff didnt speak english to a good level and this made communicating annoying. I know we are visiters in their country but if im spending that kind of money i expect a high level of english.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I chose Shinta Mani based on other reviewers recommendations and from my initial email interactions with Srey Roth and Mr Seiha I know I had made the right choice. They were warm, responsive and accommodating.

The hotel is beautifully designed! The Beds and pillows are so comfortable i struggled to drag myself out of bed every morning. The restaurant has this fantastic swing beds that you can relax and have your meal on that are incredible and as a solo girl in Siem Reap I happily had a few fantastic dinners here. Ps. You must try the Khmer tasting menu and the Duck. This is right up there with the best hotels I have stayed in.

Like other reviewers have said the icing on this cake is the staff. They are absolutely incredible; Attentive without being in your business, genuinely warm and the most professional I have come across in my many travels.

I should add that the cold towels one gets on returning to the hotel after a hot day of temple hopping or shopping come a close second to the staff.

I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was a wonderful way to take in Siem Reap and Angkor. From the delightful in house restaurant to the lovely garden market. We stayed four five fabulous nights and loved every minute of it, we were only meant to be here 3 days but we extended in large part to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We spent our first two nights in Siem Reap at a different, more affordable hotel.
But since there wasn't any more room on our third night, I had no choice but to book another hotel via Agoda.

While browsing at the many hotels in their website, my attention was caught by Shinta Mani.
It is "unique" in its own way that I even subscribed to their Facebook feeds.

There I became aware of their foundation and the many good deed they have for Cambodia as a whole.

When the day came for us to check in, my husband (who pays great attention to details) was impressed with their lobby and over all "feel".

When I mentioned that our flight the next day was not until night time, the man at the reception said "Would you want a late check out?".

I could not believe I was hearing that as some hotels would not even want to offer it in the first place.

I immediately said YES.

Of course I was expecting to be allowed to stay until two or four at the latest.
But to my surprise, the man said: Your flight is at ten? So you must be leaving by 8PM. Okay stay in your room until 8PM at no extra charge.

Whoa! I was ready to kiss him at that point.

It was just perfect as we really planned to "bum it out" on our last day and do nothing but lay on our beds.

The room was perfect.
A separate living area that could be separated by a curtain, an elegant bed and awesome amenities.
And we could stay until it is time for our flight check in!

Thank you Shinta Mani.
I am hooked with you for sure.
Already, I have told my friends who are Siem Reap bound to stay in your property and nowhere else!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very friendly staff. Good rooms. Nice (but very small) pool. Helpful with trip organization. Great breakfast buffet. If you go there, you even support a good cause. No alternative to Shinta Mani in Siem Reap!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I cannot say enough about Shinta Mani. The property was beautiful, the rooms inviting and the spa was delightful. For me, what made the biggest impression was the staff and the organization, Shinta Mani Foundation, who invite about 20 young people from the area to train them in all areas of hotel hospitality. Everyone from the General Manager (who you must meet while there) to the men carrying your bags to your room to the staff at the restaurant were 100% professional and incredibly kind and helpful.

If you want to find a true gem, this is it. You won't regret your stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Shinta Mani Club Siem Reap? Share your experiences!