“It will change your life” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 79 Attractions in Siem Reap
Type: Cultural
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Adelaide, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“It will change your life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have been lucky enough to volunteer at the New Hope School for a month. I have fallen in love with the children and people at New Hope as well as the Cambodian lifestyle. This NGO has a wonderful focus and all the people involved are so generous and friendly. The outreach program, school and medical centre all help local families in need. You can hang out for the day here, have lunch at the restaurant, sit in on a class and take a village tour, where you'll get to see another side of Siem Reap, it will truly open your eyes.

Melbourne, Australia
“I was in safe hands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was a solo trip and my first time abroad alone. The staff made things as easy as possible. I had enough freedom to do more creative classes, the khmer teachers are lovely.

Visited December 2013
Adelaide, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“The best food experience in Siem Reap.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews we found ourselves knowing this was a MUST do, for lunch. We arrived eventually, get your tuk tuk driver to ring first for directions. It really is located in the middle of one of the poorest slum areas, along some dusty roads covered in potholes and bricks. Don't let that deter you by any means.
The work they do here, is more than just a training restaurant for local youth from troubled families. There is a school for a 1000 students a day, and outreach programs for families, plus the opportunity for voluntourism by overseas tourists.
We had lunch, 4 plates, and drinks, for $16!! We paid double that, it was worth it. The cold rolls were delish, as was the amok curry. The food was amazing, the students serving us were polite and attentive. We felt satisfied knowing that our money was going to such a good cause, and that these local youth will have better skills after 6mth to join the workforce.

Visited January 2014
Siem Reap, Takev, Cambodia
14 attraction reviews
“Hands down the best NGO in Cambodia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I was lucky enough to have an extended stay volunteering at New Hope Cambodia during my 8 months in Siem Reap. There is so much bad press about poorly run NGO's that I would never commit to one without thorough research. I was blessed to visit them during a tour of Asia, given a tour of the complex, school, clinic, Outreach and restaurant. It was this open and honest tour that convinced me to return. The staff are warm, caring and genuine. The students are so eager to learn. I felt lucky to be given this opportunity and it has enriched my life.
I can recommend New Hope Cambodia as a Genuine and trusted NGO worth visiting.
They also have a tour department so you can get your volunteering in through the week and then have your tours planned out for the weekend with your new friends.

Visited January 2013
“Best experience of a life time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

My item in Cambodia was incredible. New Hope is so well run and organised, it makes being a volunteer stress free and easy, making it all the more rewarding. The staff always have something positive to say to you, and even if teaching isn't your thing, spending everyday with such an awesome group of kids makes every second worth it. New hope gave me loads of opportunities to see Cambodia and I never felt pressured to spend all day at school. The people you meet both volunteers and Cambodians will have a lasting impact on your life! Can't wait to come back and do it all again!

Visited September 2013