“Mudita not a luxury spa” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 55 Spas & Wellness in Siem Reap
QC
“Mudita not a luxury spa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Researched best spas in siem reap and Mudita spa in borei angkor hotel was mentioned as one of the best luxury spas. Upon reading the online brochure we were impressed and decided to book two 2 1/2 hour spa packages. We arrived early to enjoy the steam, sauna and hot and cold jacuzzis but as soon as i entered the female dressing room, I was disappointed to see that it is not maintained in tip top condition as I would expect a 5-star spa. I skipped the jacuzzi when I saw all the tile grime, doorknobs where disintegrating and there where mosquitoes and flies inside the airconditioned women's locker. Not relaxing at all. Decided to give the spa a chance and proceeded with both our spa packages which included body scrub, mud masque and massage. Scrub and masque left much to be desired. Attendants would noisily wash the basins in the treatment room and it would destroy continuity of treatment. Before taking the shower to clean the masque off, I asked the attendant where my slippers was, and she removed hers. Apparently she used the slippers i brought up from the room!!! Only good thing was the excellent massage I got from Tien. If you decide to try mudita, skip everything else and just book a massage with her.