The room was beautiful with dark hardwood floors, a very comfortable bed, robes and slippers, and elegant Khmer-style décor. The sheets, duvet, and pillows were amazing and the whole room looked very stylish and well put together. There was also a nice table with chairs, a good TV, free, fast in-room wifi, and a great balcony over-looking the beautiful pool area. The bathroom was very large with a separate glass-enclosed shower and a big claw foot tub. The whole place was spotless and the a/c was fantastic. There was also a built-in universal remote by the bed that controlled all climate and lighting for the room and bathroom which was very useful.
The hotel as a whole was beautiful and apart from having to wait at the bus station for the hotel pick-up that was late, the service was good too. In the lobby and restaurant, there was always a girl playing nice background music on traditional Khmer instruments. The beautiful pool was big and very clean and the poolside bar and lounge area was a great place to relax after a long day of sight-seeing. There was also a rooftop bar with a nice view and good happy hour specials. The breakfast buffet was phenomenal with a huge assortment of baked goods, cheeses, salamis, bacon, sausages, potatoes, grilled vegetables, Asian cuisine, waffles, pancakes, salad bar, fresh fruits, fruit juices, and a made-to-order omelet/egg station. Not only was there a very wide selection of items but everything was delicious and very high quality.
Conveniently located just outside the center of Siem Reap, the Borei was quiet yet a quick and cheap tuk tuk drive ($2-$3) to the lively bar and restaurant downtown area near the night bazaar and pub street. The hotel was only about 15 minutes by tuk tuk from the main Angkor Wat complex.
The value of the hotel was really unbelievable. We’ve stayed in many 5-star hotels around the world and this one was by far the best value we have ever gotten. For $79/night, we got an amazing room, huge breakfast buffet, free airport/bus station transfers, and one complimentary 1-hour massage each. (Make sure to get the oil massage not the Khmer massage because the latter was more uncomfortable than relaxing while the oil massage was very good.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aptly named after ‘a territory of Angkor’ in Cambodian, Borei Angkor Resort & Spa – a truly Cambodian five-star hotel – is set right in the center of Siem Reap, where privacy and connectivity blend together to form a perfect base for exploring the “Kingdom of Wonder”.Borei Angkor Resort & Spa is ideally situated within 7 km from airport, 7 km from Angkor Wat, and within 5 minutes’ drive of the main shops center, Night Market, restaurants and bars – Pub Street and other town attractions in Siem Reap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, HostelBookers, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Borei Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borei Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Borei Angkor Resort And Spa
- Borei Angkor Siem Reap