“Spacious, Cozy, Peaceful, Friendly and Excellence Service Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Borei Angkor Resort & Spa

You added Borei Angkor Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   National Road 6 # 0369 | Banteay Chas, Slorkram, Siem Reap 0369, Cambodia   |
Offers & Announcements
Exclusive Winter Deal !
Ranked #19 of 230 Hotels in Siem Reap
Singapore
“Spacious, Cozy, Peaceful, Friendly and Excellence Service Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

It is a nice resort and you never expect to find it which is just locate near the little town area. It is so accessable to Airport, Angkor Wat & the Old Market.

The moment i stepped out from the airport, the driver had waited me at the main entrance. The driver was friendly to show and brief me about Siem Reap culture, weather and sight seeing sport in Cambodia.

When i arrived at the resort, immediately my luggages being taken care of. It was so nice to lay on the sofa, wiped with a cold towel and enjoy the cold lemon grass refreshment. All the staffs were so friendly. The greeting style similiar like thailand style.

I was really impressed with my room. It was spacious! A nice king size bed with Cambodian crafted head board. The green mosaic standing shower cubic and the independant unique bath tub with antique telephone style shower head, i wish to have it as my own. Antique look shower gel and shampoo container, you must come and see with your own eyes.

TV program with so many international channels really eliminated my home sick after i came back from my business.

Nice swimming pool, just in front of my balcony but i have no time for it; business trip i was in. Same goes to the Spa and the Gym.

If you are very particlar in your food, i would advised you to inform the waiter/waitress, tell he chef not to make your food too salty. I was understood later that the local like to have the food in very stong flavour.

If you are going to Siem Reap Cambodia, You must not miss out Borei Angkor Resort & Spa!

• Liked — Spacious
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
various
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

We booked it locally through a travel agent, only $60 per room, and what a lovely place! A nice welcome, everything looks new. There were some rennovations underway in the lobby, but on the opposite side of the hotel to our room, and on the 3rd floor we heard nothing of it. Huge beautiful pool, great rooms, stand-alone bath, huge shower, great choice of breakfast. Nice balcony. Location a little out of the centre, but plenty of cheap tuk-tuks. My only complaint would be noise from housekeeping in the mornings prevented sleeping in, but we had that at every hotel. DO NOT be tempted by the Vietnamese restaurant across the main road, awful food.

• Liked — Beautiful rooms and pool
  • Disliked — The usual staff noise in the mornings
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

This place is great and massively exceeded our expectations.

The staff are just so friendly and keen to be helpful. When we arrived, we were a bit worried about noise from the building works - and so we asked for a room which would not be noisy. They gave us the room which was furthest away from the works - and it was absolutely impossible to hear any noise from the room!

The room itself was amazing - large with a balcony and a view, a brilliant bathroom with a great shower as well as a clawfoot bath. And everything was modern and brand new. The bed was a little hard for our taste, but we used the comforter as a mattress topper and that made it good to sleep on. (I think we got upgraded to a Landmark room)

The breakfast was an uninteresting buffet but good quality. And the hotel seemed like a bit under-occupied (perhaps because of their refurbishment work), but it was only a short distance to the centre to siem reap with its great restaurants and bars.

For around 60 usd a night, this was very good value - and we would certainly recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
everywhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

Took a three day break from a long trip in Phnom Penh and came to this hotel. It is brand new and very well appointed. I was met at the door, given a drink and was checked in while I sat at the bar. The breakfast is out of this world - tons of selection, both western and asian, and the pool is lovely. It is popular with tour groups but fortunately only the more adult, high-end ones. Not cheap by Cambodian standards but worth it. It is located outside of the main town but with plenty of motos available to take you in. Recommend highly

• Liked — beautiful, large rooms
  • Disliked — location a bit out of the way
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
portland, oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

I was very excited to stay in a place that was nice, after two weeks of super cheap traveling. However, I had multiple problems:

1. They lost my passport. When I first checked in they put me in a very noisy room. I was going out to dinner and asked if they would move my stuff (which I hadn't even unpacked yet) while I was gone. They did move it, but somehow my passport got taken out of my backpack and disappeared. When I asked them about this they said they would look around and it miraculously re-appeared several hours later. This was a huge concern. I don't know what happened, but it worried me.

2. No air-conditioning in the hotel hallways. It might be okay in the winter, but when I was there it was 100 degrees, humid, and miserable. I just don't think they should call themselves 5 star without this.

3. TV wasn't working for a large part of the time I was there. Not a huge deal, but as a solo traveler it's nice to relax and watch the news at night.

4. My shower didn't drain at all - since it's a glass enclosed shower you couldn't shower for more than 3 or 4 minutes before the water would go over the lip of the floor and flood the bathroom.

5. On checkout there happened to be a manager there and I told him all of my concerns. His solution - a free ride to the airport, which usually costs $5. After you've lost my passport, wouldn't you want to offer a little more than that?

OVERALL - maybe 2-3 star, not professional. There's so many places to choose in Siem Reap, why choose this one?

Stayed April 2008
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2008

We stayed in this hotel while touring Vietnam and Cambodia. We really enjoyed our stay here. our room was large and very comfortable. We did experience noise early one morning from nearby houses who were celebrating a wedding - but no fault of the hotel.
The food at the hotel was good. The buffet was excellent with plenty of choice and we also ate lunch time at the pool bar which was also good.
There are plenty of tuk tuks waiting outside the hotel and the old market is only a short drive away if you want to shop for more bags or silk scarves!!!

• Stayed March 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

The hotel is a little away from the main tourist hub of restaurants and bars but the benefit is that there are lots of nearby restaurants in Wat Bo with prices lower than the main centre. You can however, walk to the centre in about 25-30 mins or there are always tuk-tuks outside the hotel. The fare is $2 each way.

I booked deluxe room for about $68 per night using HotelsCombined. The room was huge and comfortable though the bed was a little on the hard side. The bathroom was good with a bath and shower though this leaked all over the floor everytime I used it.

The breakfast buffet was large with an egg station and noodle station though I found the quality of the food to be a little substandard.

Pool was a nice size and there was a gym an in adjacent building but had outdated equipment and no a/c.

Service from the staff was good but they couldn't find details of the Happy Ranch horseriding farm which I managed to find in the yellow pages in the room! However they managed to order a tuk-tuk for us for sunrise at Angkor at 5am.

The hotel looked good from the outside but to me it seemed that the hotel has a faded granduer with carpets looking worn out and some parts in need of a little renovation if they hope to keep pace with the abundance of 5 star hotels popping up in Siem Reap. But for the low cost the hotel was still a bargain.

• Liked — Nice pool
  • Disliked — Lack of upkeep
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Borei Angkor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!