“Awful Service to Foreigners” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #435 of 509 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Awful Service to Foreigners”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm not one to leave bad reviews, and certainly not one to make such a judgement call based on one visit. However, I have visited this establishment several times and every time has been a poor experience.
One of the times I went there, I came with a Cambodian friend. I asked for a certain drink and specified no sugar. The staff agreed and repeated: no sugar. The staff then brought the drink and it was grotesquely sweet. Okay, maybe they misunderstood. No problem. When I asked for him to change this, he said I would have to buy another drink. Finally, after disputing with this staff and almost leaving, one of the management or owners came over and said they would change the drink.

The second time I came back, I sat and waited for a menu to be brought. Then asked four times, with different staff to get a menu. Every time they just rushed off to do something else. One even came back and asked if I was ready to order. I asked again for a menu, they went over and looked at the menus on the counter and then rushed off to do something else.

So finally, I got up and grabbed a menu from the counter. Sat down and browsed the menu and then waited for a few more minutes trying to signal down someone to help. But they all just ran around like chickens missing their heads. There was no organization or order. No one was assigned to certain tables. Finally I just walked out having wasted my morning there. Not going back.

As a local in Siem Reap, I would not recommend any foreigner to visit this establishment until they get a better system and staff.

• Visited April 2013