“Excellent Indian” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
New York, New York, United States
“Excellent Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We dropped by Dakshin's tonight after a long day exploring Angkor. We were very impressed by the inving decor and friendly service. Additionally, the food was excellent, especially the Mutton Roghan Josh. I would recommend highly to anyone visiting Siem Reap.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hi Sir,
Thank you very much for the review on your dining experience yesterday at Dakshin's.I am glad you enjoyed your lamb rogan josh and if you are still in Siem Reap we look forward to serving you and would recommend you our lamb biryani.Thank you abd have a safe fun filled memorable holiday.Cheers

• Korean first
  • Thai first
London, UK
“Love the Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I must say, being an British Asian, I was dubious of eating an Indian in Cambodia, and i took a punt on eating here for my Birthday! I wasn't disappointed. Although the owner is from Singapore, the food is better than most Indian restaurants in London! Good, clean, quality food in this place. The only thing is, i don't know why, but they day we went the Tandoori Chef was not there, so i couldn't try the Chicken Tikka or Naan. This place may be $2 more than other Indian restaurats in the area, but its so worth it!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Hi Sir,
Thanks for the wonderful review.My apologies that you could not try our tandoor items as it away sick and i do not compromise with my other staff preparing naan or tandoori chicken as i personally feel it will not be to my expectation.Her at Dakshin the food has to meet my desired standard before it is introduced to our guest.I do not do trial and error testing with my valued guest for the extra dollar.So on that particular day there was know tandoor item.Thank you and all the best.
Singapore, Singapore
“Went there 2 days in a row :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Yummy pratas, samosas and authentic curries. ... we went back again, what more can we say :-)
The Chews from Singapore say Sedup! Ho-Jiak! 好吃!

Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Hi
Thank you for the wonderful review.Samosa and paratha are fresh done and served.I am glad i made a fellow Singaporean happy.Terimah Kasih.
Subic, Philippines
“Lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

After a bad evening yesterday at an other restaurant here in Siem Reap it was time to try something new, and we felt good just from we came inside and to we walk again. Perfect service the whole time. Good info about the food. Clean all over and fair price.

Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hi Sir,
I am glad you had good dining experience with us after your other bad experience with some other restaurant.We always strive to keep up with our reputation which means alot to me as a passionate owner.Hope to serve your family once again before the end of your holiday in Siemreap.Thank you sir for the review.
Gold Coast, Australia
“best Samosas ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were in this restaurant on tow occasions, the last time on the 20th June, on our first visit I had mentioned wanting to have Pepper Crab and the owner went out of his way to get the crabs and have the chef cook them for us before we left, the flavour was sensational. The chicken samosas that we had to start were so light and the best we have had in all our travels and also at home.
My partner came back for seconds on the lamb curry full of flavour and complimented by the coconut rice.....the owner very happily gave me the recipe for this. Our thanks to the owner and the staff for making the visit to this restaurant a great experience. We will be telling everyone to visit if they are in Siem Reap. Robyn and Gerry. Gold Coast, Australia

Pannirselvam B, Owner at Dakshin's, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Hi Robby and Gerry,
It was a real pleasure having you lovely couple dining at Dakshin's on 2 occasions.I am glad that me and my team made both your dining experience a memorable one prompting you to write this marvelous review about us.I do remember cooking the pepper crab and thanks to you as i had opportunity to have my favorite pepper crab too.Well that was part of our service to go an extra mile to please our valued guest.I am happy to give you the coconut rice recipe and hope you will try it out till it becomes your specialty back home.
Wish you both good health and ope to see you some day.Cheers