“Gorgeous Italian flavours, lovely staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 478 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Hello to my readers, My name is Francesco,I opened this small restaurant in December 2012, I live in Cambodia for about six years, I have worked mainly as a guide for -Italian group of travelers- that are visiting this country that has become my "home" of adoption, but in Italy and elsewhere I have done many other professions, including for long time that of cook.The years here don't let me forgotten the flavors and tastes of my land, my bet is to introduce you to these flavors-strictly homemade- in this corner of Indochina, all the products are of Italian origin, the purchase , storage, preparation of these foods are performed according to standard HCCP, the prices may seem a little high but they are also high costs and especially the transport of raw materials -strictly Italian-I much more than get rich I would like to manage a place where people of different cultures and backgrounds can feel at ease, taste, experience and judgment of taste that can make them feel good; wine, food, music and chatting are finalized to get this goal.
London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous Italian flavours, lovely staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We went here on the last day of our 3 week travels through SE Asia. We'd found Cambodian food a little disappointing, and we're really craving something scrummy. L'Osteria definitely came through on that !!

Francesco had lovely chats with us during the meal, as he was sat outside having his own dinner! In fact it was his buenosera called to us which drew us in, so surprised were we to hear the greeting in the middle of Siem Reap!

The pasta was delicious. Thick, rich but subtle and garlicky sauces. Yum! Wonderful to be able to choose from a range of pastas including gnocchi and orecchiette, which are rare in British Italian restaurants.

Free bruschetta as an appetiser was lovely!

Had tiramisu for dessert, which wasn't on the menu but on the chalk board outside.

Overall it came to $35/£21, which included 3 beers, 2 cokes and two course each (not including the complimentary bruschetta!)

I would recommend this highly if you're in Siem reap as it's not only a good restaurant in the area, but also a great, authentic Italian restaurant just in general!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Food Great Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We spent our last evening in Siem Reap having dinner at L'Osteria in Alley West (near the Old Market). What a great choice! The food was excellent (in particular the tapas style starter for two) and the service just as good. We enjoyed a good bottle of prosecco which finished off the meal perfectly. A must try for anyone who enjoys Italian food and is looking for great value for money and amazing atmosphere. We will definitely try it again when we return to Siem Reap.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“Little piece of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This charming little place in the heart of the city centre is easy to find, and has some of the best food in town. Location is a bit noisy, next to a big street but the atmosphere is great. When we were there, they only had italian guests so that should say someting. Try the selection of appetizers, a plate with twelve small dishes, tapas style. Delicious! They even serve homemade pasta. All ingredients are imported from italy, except for the fresh veggies (according to the owner at least). I don't care...the food was great. Try it! You cant go wrong with this one.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bangkok, Thailand
“Excellent Cuisine Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I love Italian food. Sometimes, even in the most unlikely places I look for and discover a real gem. L'Osteria is tucked away in a little side street in the French Quarter (easy to find, tuft the next small Soi after Pub Street. The menu and the wine list is very presentable and offers authentic Italian cuisine cooked to your liking. The pizza is excellent and so are the appetizers. make sure you add the delicious and nicely chilled glass of white wine and enjoy sitting outside watching life go by outside! A real treat!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Once again L'Osteria was an amazing eating experience. All dishes were delicious and service was outstanding.

Staff were excellent and coped extremely well with our large group and also when the power went out.

We had a fabulous night and I will definitely eat here again when next in Siem Reap.

Visited July 2014