“Very nice place to have some good food!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 474 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Hello to my readers, My name is Francesco,I opened this small restaurant in December 2012, I live in Cambodia for about six years, I have worked mainly as a guide for -Italian group of travelers- that are visiting this country that has become my "home" of adoption, but in Italy and elsewhere I have done many other professions, including for long time that of cook.The years here don't let me forgotten the flavors and tastes of my land, my bet is to introduce you to these flavors-strictly homemade- in this corner of Indochina, all the products are of Italian origin, the purchase , storage, preparation of these foods are performed according to standard HCCP, the prices may seem a little high but they are also high costs and especially the transport of raw materials -strictly Italian-I much more than get rich I would like to manage a place where people of different cultures and backgrounds can feel at ease, taste, experience and judgment of taste that can make them feel good; wine, food, music and chatting are finalized to get this goal.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Very nice place to have some good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great food, great drinks, great atmosphere, great host (Steve) and personnel. A really good place to have some quality food and drinks!

• Visited February 2014

Southampton, United Kingdom
“The return visit was as good as the first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Great little restaurant in one of the small alleys in Siem Reap, fresh quality food with great service and a pleasant environment, well worth a visit.

Visited February 2014
Rome, Italy
“Great place! An absolute must in Siem Reap!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Great place! an authentic italian restaurant right in the center of town! We had a Big Italian mix as a starter and then pasta: both were fantastic, and so were the desserts! They also have home-made pasta which looked very good! Our meal was great and the owners were so friendly, we felt at home!

• Visited February 2014
London
“Great food, but even greater dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was recommended to go here by a friend - great recommendation. The pasta was wonderful, but wait till you try the dessert! The chocolate mousse was "to die for" ... thick, creamy and an amazing flavour. That doesn't underrate the pasta - that too was wonderful!

• Visited January 2014
Hoi An, Viet Nam
“I hope I was there on a bad day”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I cannot express how disappointed we were with what looked like a gem of a restaurant. We ordered red wine, which was served ice cold. My two friends ordered two different pasta dishes but were served the same dish each. I ordered a scallopine which was virtually inedible.

We ordered garlic bread which was covered with very strong rosemary.

The Khmer chef new absolutely nothing about Italian cooking. There was nothing subtle at all about the spices, which completely overwhelmed the senses.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
50Stephen51, Owner at L'Osteria, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I am sorry your experience with us was not optimal, we like everyone to leave happy. I remember your table as I took the order. Though garlic bread is not on our menu we accommodated, I'm sorry you didn't like the rosemary, I would have been happy to quickly give you another order w/o. I wish you would have told me about the scaloppine, we did discover that problem with our purveyor. Once again you did not inform me or I would have given you another dish w/o charge.

And I am sorry I didn't more clearly understand your order as your Khmer friend ordered the tuna and I repeated 2 tunas and the reply was yes I did not realize he meant the tuna steak. I did offer to replace but you said no problem. Difficult to correct if not informed.

As for the wine Cambodia can be very warm, most places keep their red wines chilled, they warm quickly. Very warm wine is not appealing. Please do not insult our Khmer chef, she is very hard working and I just had a roomful of customers who raved about her meals. You're welcome to try us again.