“Cosy experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 477 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Hello to my readers, My name is Francesco,I opened this small restaurant in December 2012, I live in Cambodia for about six years, I have worked mainly as a guide for -Italian group of travelers- that are visiting this country that has become my "home" of adoption, but in Italy and elsewhere I have done many other professions, including for long time that of cook.The years here don't let me forgotten the flavors and tastes of my land, my bet is to introduce you to these flavors-strictly homemade- in this corner of Indochina, all the products are of Italian origin, the purchase , storage, preparation of these foods are performed according to standard HCCP, the prices may seem a little high but they are also high costs and especially the transport of raw materials -strictly Italian-I much more than get rich I would like to manage a place where people of different cultures and backgrounds can feel at ease, taste, experience and judgment of taste that can make them feel good; wine, food, music and chatting are finalized to get this goal.
singapore
“Cosy experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was with my girlfriend at L'Osteria earlier in the year and found the place to be very cosy, with Francesco and his staff being very helpful and accommodating (we did ask for some customisation on some dishes and we are quite picky with our foods). We ordered some pasta and found it to be nicely cooked. Though slightly bland for our tastes - it was nevertheless refreshingly light and the comfortable environment made it more than good enough an experience!! I would definitely consider returning and recommending this to anyone that would just like to duck away from the Khmer heat for a relaxing home cooked meal.

Visited February 2013

Perth, Australia
“5 star. Absolutely Brilliant Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Like another reviewer, we ate here on our last night in Siem Reap.

When we arrived Francesco and the hostess welcomed and promptly served us.

We shared a taating plate and it was amazing.. and filling. The mozzarella (which Francesco imports from an Italian in Thailand) was some of the best mozzarella I have ever tasted. That, together with the melanzane (eggplant), the squid, proscuitto and a bottle of Pinot Grigio left our mouths watering.

I'm half Italian (Calabrese) and this restaurant compares to some of the best I have ever been to. when I go to my favourite Italian restaurant in Perth (also called Osteria http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g804335-d3199808-Reviews-Osteria_Dei_Sapori-Nedlands_Greater_Perth_Western_Australia.html) I make sure don't eat lunch to make sure i enjoy everything. I wish I had done the same here.

The pasta was tasty, the ravioli with orange sauce had a wonderful subtlety I didn't expect.

Sure, if you are wanting a meal that costs under $5, dont come here. But this is a restaurant where, at home I pay 3 or 4 times the total bill I paid. Don't eat one dish and leave. Sit down, relax, enjoy a bottle of wine, take your time over dinner and enjoy the moment.

After dinner enjoy a coffee or apertif. The Limoncello is almost as good as the stuff i make at home!

PS - after reading other reviews about the hostess... I disagree. The waitress we had, was probably the best we have encountered on our trip. She knew when to approach, when to serve, when to top up drinks etc. 5* stuff.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phuket, Thailand
“A Real Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We dined here on our last night in Siem Reap. Having seen the restaurant on an earlier walk through West Alley we thought it would be interesting. Our first impression from the wait staff was not great but we decided to stick with it and we are 100% pleased we did so.
The food was AWESOME!!!! We shared an Italian Plate that came with a superb mix of Italian tidbits - parma ham, octopus, grilled mushrooms, bruschetta, mozzarella, radicchio, roasted peppers, arancini, potato croquettes & omelettes. It was all delicious and really plenty for 2 people (cost 13$). The wine was a little sweet for my taste but quite typically italian. The atmostphere once we settled in was pleasant with suitable background music and view of the Alley. The waitress improved and the host/owner was very welcoming and ready to explain any of the dishes. Our only regret - having a late lunch which left us too full to try anything else! the selection of homemade pasta dishes were also very tempting!

Visited May 2013
Arequipa, Peru
“Over priced, Nothing Special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Me and a few friends went here after a long day at Angkor, the service was ok however food was poor at best, portions were small and massively over priced. There are several nicer restaurants right around the corner from here where you can get a much higher quality 3 course meal for the price of L'osterias pasta! We didnt make a fuss as were all tired from a long day at the temples and just wanted to get out of there but definetly wouldnt return or recommend

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
francescocambo, Owner at L'Osteria, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
ahhhhh!!
for sure you should be one of for Asian guest that come here 2 days ago.
I am surprise that you aspect to be satisfied with the ridiculous order that you have done .....4 people: no order for drinks; 1 big Italy mix (fresh mozzarella, and another 9 bites of fresh starters 13$ enough for 2pax), 1 ravioli (home-made pasta; its 200gr for 9,50$ ); the shop in corner sold rice for 1$ why did you not go there? this restaurant works with imported stuff, if you can't get the difference but you wont only fill your belly and doesn't matter with what did you and your friend made the wrong choice......don't come more.
ciao
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Fantastic, Authentic Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Wandering around Siem Reap, it's hard to choose from all the options. Glad I stumbled upon this place on a recent visit to Siem Reap. I had a few glasses of good house red, and a fantastic, homemade pesto linguine. It was such a treat to have proper Italian food, perfectly al dente pasta and excellent pesto. I was dining alone, otherwise I would have ordered the antipasto platter, with fresh, homemade meats and cheeses. It looked delicious! The prices are really reasonable, considering that all the food is imported and is top quality (I live in Phnom Penh and it's hard to find good italian food at a reasonable price in Cambodia).

The owner was very kind and friendly and made me feel welcome. I stayed a while, doing some work, and enjoying the atmosphere. If you're wandering around Siem Reap, head to L'Osteria and you won't be disappointed - it's a cut above the average tourist fare you get elsewhere in the city.

• Visited March 2013