“Heartwarming welcome awaits you” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Butterfly Villa

You added Golden Butterfly Villa to your Saves list
Golden Butterfly Villa
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Steung Thmey Village | Svay Dangkum Commune, Siem Reap 76, Cambodia   |
Ranked #2 of 369 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
sharmelsheikh
“Heartwarming welcome awaits you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for 12 days - loved it!! Brilliant service - you'e always welcomed back to the hotel with a 'wet towel' and an ice cold drink and big smiles from the friendly staff. This wonderful hotel is close to all the shops and restuarants yet quiet with a large airy lobby/lounge area where you can just chill out and relax, eat, use the internet, watch TV, and put your feet up. The rooms are comfortable providing everything you need including a comfy bed, fridge, free wi-fi, hot running water, showers, free bottled water every day is a welcome addition. The staff cannot do enough to help you or advise you and will arrange tuk-tuk pic ups for you or taxis. I liked the shoe free rules of this hotel and its kept spotlessly clean throughout. The restuarant offers a good service and the atmosphere is friendly. Very good value for money. The manager and his staff became like family to us and we didn't want to leave. They were wonderful. A true home from home.

Room Tip: Back rooms are possibly quieter rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Alameda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The Golden Temple Villa down the street which gets excellent reviews was full and I was referred to their sister property, Golden Butterfly Villa. This hotel is newer and the rooms are beautifully decorated. The hotel offers free airport pickup. The tuk-tuk driver was waiting for me at the gate with my name on a board. When I arrived at the hotel, a nice cold fruit drink and a free 30 min. massage was scheduled later in the day. My room on the 3rd floor had a nice balcony and a view of the surrounding areas. Everything is new, nice comfortable bed, various types of lighting, refrigerator, bottled water, and good water pressure in the shower. Wifi is free and the hotel has set up 5-6 new, flat screen computers for guests. Although breakfast is not included, there is free unlimited coffee, tea, and bananas in the dining area. The restaurant has reasonably price meals. Location is quiet, at the end of a small street and a block from the main road. It is a short walk a few blocks away to the night market and many restaurants. After a long hot day of sightseeing and visiting Angkor Wat, the staff always greeted me with a smile, brought me a cold wet towel, and a nice cold drink. They also brought me a drink with I was sitting at the computer planning the next leg of my trip. The staff further helped me find a tailor to make me a pair of pants from the fabric I brought from home. Total cost for labor--only $5.00. When it was time to get to my next destination (Phnom Penh), the staff arranged my transportation via shared taxi as buses were all full.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Siem Reap, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have been travelling all around the world for a year now, and this has been the most memorable welcome ever. We have been received always with warm smiles, coffee and tea, wet towels, and helpful staff. The rooms are clean, spacious, and nicely decorated.
We bought the Angkor ticket for three days and we booked the tour with the hotel.They called a tuk tuk driver for us. The driver, whose name is Sales, was very nice, honest, and kind. You can contact him on this email: mathsales at hot mail.
Overall, we ended up staying more night than we planned and spending Christmas in the beautiful city.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Antananarivo, Antananarivo, Madagascar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I never leave reviews, but I felt we must for this lovely place.
We stumbled onto this gorgeous building after a long trip. We were so happy we did. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. They even helped us find a sitter for our baby while we had to go on a job interview. It was a very kind environment.
The rooms are beautiful boutique style rooms with everything you could ask for. Clean, modern, and very nicely decorated with balconies. The price is amazing for the room you get.
The location is superb. We could easily walk a few streets away for food, the night market, and Pub street.
It was excellent and our best find during our Thailand/Cambodia trip. I would definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two
nights and in our two month long stay in Southeast Asia I have to say this place was probably our favorite. the staff is so friendly and helpful, the hotel and rooms are beautiful the location is perfect. the whole experience was amazing, we left feeling really pampered and it is such a good value for the price.

• Stayed December 2012
Wildwood, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great staff and location! The quality customer service begins begins with your pick-up at the airport. Twenty minutes later you are welcomed with a wonderful cold cup of tea. Quick check-in and you are escorted to a more than adequate room with a balcony and private shower.I f you any valuables the hotel has a safe at the desk. The rooms have a small refrigerator which comes in handy as well as A/C.
The hotel is easily within walking distance of the Night Market, Pub Street, restaurants, nd convenience stores.
Twenty minute at most Tuk Tuk ride to Angkor Wat and related sites which the hotel staff will arrange if asked.
My last day I was surprised by a knock on my door and a plate of hot Spring Rolls with Plumb Sauce. Typical of the personal customer service provided by the staff!

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a bad room. However, they are expanding the hotel and the construction...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Vienna, Wien, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The location is outstanding. Very close to the old market, nightmarket and Pub Street, but not noisy at all. The service ist the best I ever had in asia. The reception can organize everything and ist cheaper as you can get. I paid for the hotel tuk tuk from the Hotel to the airport 3 US$. Everywhere else you have to pay 5 US $. The rooms are big, very cleam and absolutley new. Most of the room have a huge balcony, aircondition, fridge, cable tv with about 100 programms, But the best is the friendly stuff, When you return back to the hotel you get free cold ice Tea. Coffee and tea is always free of charge. 5 internet computers are evailable at the reception and the wifi is working in the rooms. A perfect stay.

Room Tip: From the 4th floor you have a perfect view, but there is now lift.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Golden Butterfly Villa? Share your experiences!