“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel

You added Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   City Center, #54 Sivutha Boulevard, Siem Reap 855, Cambodia   |
Special Offer
Limited Time Offer
Ranked #15 of 230 Hotels in Siem Reap
SG
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The location is fantastic. Just about 15 minutes walk to the old market, night market and pub street. There is a mall beside the hotel where you can get basic amenities (if you do need some). There are several services that are free, much to my delight. Free laundry and free drinks to start of with. Every night there will be small snacks that are delivered to us. Small gestures but sweet.

The room is comfortable and clean, choice of TV channels are also okay. Breakfast is good. I like the fruits and the noodles. The variety however is pretty much the same everyday. The wifi internet is free but connection can be shaky at times. If possible, dont light up the aromatherapy as the smell is too strong.I love the shuttle services, it saves me a lot of trouble to arrange for my own transport.

I suppose the staff has been trying their best to see how they can fulfill the guests' needs. Therefore at times they can be seen as being a bit aggressive. However, the genuine concern that they have displayed is rarely seen at other hotels.

While the stay is enjoyable, do some research before you choose the tours that they recommend. There is no harm having more choices to choose from.

Room Tip: There are many cheap massages outside the hotel. I have chosen the service in the hotel because of t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Fiji
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I have travelled many places around the world but I have never met such a helpful and courteous staff as you can find at the Memoire d Angkor. Special thanks to Phasy (Front Office) and Sara (Spa) and all the front desk staff which were just awesome in assisting us.

The rooms and facilities of the hotel have real character and the cleanliness is utmost. The nightly turndown with small treats was very appreciated, breakfast was more than ample and I really enjoyed my Blue Cheese, Bacon and Tomato Croissant each morning with espresso coffee. The pool was great especially the cabanas.

Save yourself the hassle and book your tours through the hotel as the Hotel selects good tuk tuk drivers. Highly recommended the day trip to Baeng Maelae. The best and least crowded of all the temples.

• Stayed November 2013
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have had the chance to travel the world visiting 15+ countries for business and pleasure and have stayed in some of the top hotels including Villa'D Este and NY St. Regis at over 1,000 euros per night, BUT I am still confident when I say that this small boutique hotel in Siem Reap has changed the way I think about a 5 star experience.

Upon arrival the manager, Chanthay took us on a personal tour of the entire hotel, explained the local temple tour options and gave us all of the Wifi passwords throughout the hotel--sounds simple, but it's the little things like not having to hunt someone down and find the password for the wifi at the pool that count.

Then the following day, Chanthay went out and bought us some playing cards after my girlfriend asked him where we could buy some.

On top of this, he arranged for us to have a late checkout on our last day and only charged us a fraction of the full night cost, plus did all of our laundry for free and arranged for us and covered all of the items in our mini bar at no charge.

This small hotel had the best service I have ever experienced and I regret that I will probably not be back for a long time for a visit.

Not to mention it is perfectly located next door to the largest western style supermarket in town with a Fro-Yo place immediately next door.

If you are thinking about a reasonable place to stay in Siem Reap and want to have the best service of your travels, then look no further, as this place is a little piece of heaven.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This hotel has some really good features and some not so good elements.
Pros
- Good location about 10 min walk to pub street
- Free laundry
- Free printing
- Mini bar - 2x beer, coke water daily
- awesome pool not the greatest for laps but nice beds to lay on by the poolside
- Free pickup and drop off to airport

Cons
- Assistant manager harassed us constantly asking why were we going out to eat, trying to sell us tours etc
- Breakfast was good when you actually got the coffee/eggs you ordered
- Room was old and not well kept
- Drinks by the pool etc are expensive

Ps if you book a tour at the hotel the quality of guides are average with their English so you may want to shop around. In my opinion take a guide book to the temples rather than organise a tour

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here in September and had a fabulous time.

Siem Reap is a great place and the hotel was great sanctury at the end of each day of temple exploration. The food is great, and the staff are super friendly. It was really fun to come back to the hotel every night and chat to the night staff, they spent hours teaching me Khmer and about Cambodia. I really enjoyed my stay here and I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Our recent stay in Siem Reap was enhanced by the staff at this wonderful boutique hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and we were treated like family. The room was very comfortable, swimming pool a great place after a hot day touring the temples, and close to the night market and Pub street area.

• Stayed November 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

i stayed here with my partner and two other friends and have to say the service is so good we were picked up from the airport and given our own personal assistant who gave us advice and where to eat drink and what tours to take he was amazing! also the free laundry was a great service and the complementary mung ben juice at arrival was great too, overall this place was amazing and i really loved the staff they were all sooo friendly and nice would definatly recommend, the rooms were lovley too, agree with others on the slight smell in the bathrooms.

Room Tip: delux room with balcony was nice we were on the 5th floor and it had a great view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!