“Very accomodating and funny guide” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Angkor Guide tour Private Tours is a group of senior experienced, professional tour guides who have been guiding visitors to Angkor temples since 2000 and I am Theara/Tom , I am team leader, of group i studied tourism and hotel management at university Bachelor Degrees ,Phnom Penh University and have many years' experience as a professional tour guide with hundreds of happy customers from all over the world, some of whom I am proud to now call my friends. Cambodians are very gentle, friendly people and I am sure you will enjoy your visit very much.i am an armature photographer is a founder and the team leader, in Siem Reap as well. Our services are customized for visitors who love independent and private tours. Please let us arrange your tours in Angkor such as accommodation booking, transports, tour guides, meals, itinerary and so on. We guarantee the best quality service reasonable price very informative tour guide and safe trip.
Wellington, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
“Very accomodating and funny guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We booked Tom after researching on trip advisor. We only wanted to spend a day at the temples and wanted to see the sunrise over Angkor Wat. Tom put together an option for us and sent via email, his communication was great. We were only able to see three temples that day but it was worth the experience. After picking us up at 5.15am we went to Angkor Wat and spent a few hours there before the real crowds hit! We then went to another beautiful temple where Tom was extremly knowledgable telling us all the stories about the carvings and history of the temples. He then dropped us back at out hotel at about 11.30am and we were able to have a rest and food etc (you are very tired from getting up at 4.30am and the heat gets to you!) and then arranged to pick us back up at 3.00pm to go to Angkor Thom. It was a great way to take in the temples as we were invigorated after a sleep and swim and by the time we got to Angkor Thom the heat of the day was starting to subside. The best things about Tom (apart from is knowledge) is that he is hilarious and takes amazing photos for you. He knew all the great places for photos and how to get the best light. He has an infectious laugh and sees the light side of things and even gets Western jokes! I would highly reccomend Tom if you wanted to use a guide. I know he offers longer tours which I am sure he would be amazing at. But he knew we would not have the energy to do too much and tailored our plans accordingly. Thanks Tom!

Pasig, Philippines
“A good friend in Siem Reap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The best way to describe our experience with Tom is like meeting an old friend for the first time. He is quite possibly the perfect guide: genuinely warm and friendly, outgoing, funny, a very good driver, and is very well-versed in the history of Khmer culture and temples. It goes without saying you will have a great time with him whatever kind of tour you ask him to prepare for you.

Hire Tom if:

1. you like to have great conversation and a good laugh;
2. you love to learn about the history behind Angkor's temples and people;
3. you love to eat great Khmer food -- every place Tom took us to eat was not only great but were also inexpensive;
4. you like to have a comfortable ride, especially to the more distant attractions;
5. you like to have a guide who can take good photos for you;
6. you just want someone you can trust to watch out for you and take good care of your travel needs.

Looking back, we were extremely lucky to have been able to hire Tom. I had been busy before our scheduled trip to Siem Reap and referred to Tripadvisor at the last minute to find a guide before we went. Tom was very quick to answer his email (as was I) and I made the decision to hire him within hours of first contact. Thanks to the other "trip advisors" who recommended him.

I'm just sorry we didn't have more endurance so we had to skip a few places Tom recommended to see to be able to rest in our hotel. We'll surely go to those places in the future with Tom.

Four full days in Siem Reap wasn't enough to explore all the must-see places and we're surely going back in the future. Tom is such an essential part of a great experience in Siem Reap that next time we will book him BEFORE we make our hotel and airline arrangements.

Visited February 2013
“Many thanks to you, Tom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Tom is a very patient, very helpful and giving person. He is not calculating about the effort and the working hours he rendered. He is a funny man, always made us laugh. We had a great trip at Siem Reap all because of him.
Ginger JJ Luk

Hong Kong, China
33 attraction reviews
“Thanks for everything Tom (theara suy)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Tom is one of the greatest tour guides I have met in the past decade of intense travelings.
He took care of me and my parents as a driver and a tour guide (he drives and he is a licensed guide) he is also able to fulfill all our needs from finding exotic street food to bringing me to shoot star trails at early morning.
One best thing about him, he did never count work time with us. He is willing to pick me up for sunrise at 4 am and sending us back to hotel after dinner. We felt very sorry for making him work all day actually.
Same as the other reviews mentioned, he also has a Dslr. So he is also a good photography companion.
I hope you can enjoy his service too

Heidelberg
“Very good driver and guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

A friend recommended Tom and I can say that he is a really good choice both as a driver and a guide. He answered my email very quickly and offered us a nice itinerary and was also open for our individual plans. We booked him for 3 days and we had a great time. His car is clean and he is a very careful driver. And driving the distances to the different temples in a car is a lot more comfortable than a Tuktuk. He knows the places in and around Angkor pretty well and can also tell the history and stories of all those beautiful places. He is also a good photographer and knows the "good spots" where to take the pictures. In addition to that he organized us a table for a traditional dancing show right in front of the stage (btw don't expect too much from the food offered before the show).
Thank you Tom for the good service!

Visited January 2013