“#1 European restaurant in Siem Reap” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 508 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant is Belgian owned and serves German ,Belgium and Thai food.We are doing BBQ every Sunday afternoon
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“#1 European restaurant in Siem Reap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is EASILY my favorite restaurant in Cambodia.
The food is utterly delicious and the portions are massive! Any man's dream sizes.
Of course, it is impossible to be disappointed by anything on the menu, but I would like to especially recommend the Vienna Schnitzel, the Jager Schnitzel, the Cordon Bleu, and the Cheese Spaetzel.
The host Roman is a really hilarious character and great fun to knock down a couple beers with.
I've been there solo, with friends, with family, and on dates, and its always a good experience.
Good times!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
“Excellent food, friendly surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

During my five day visit, I was determined to visit Schnitzel Wirtin for its famed Vienna schnitzel. However, when I arrived I was distracted by their barbeque offerings (Fridays and Sundays). I had the barbeque short ribs instead. Tasty and almost fall-off-the-bone good. Generous servings too. Roman, the host, recommended the home made chocolate mousse which was light and fluffy. With my Italian espresso, a perfect end to a fantastic meal.
Besides the good food at even better prices, the ambience stood out. It was like having a casual meal in a friend's backyard. Lots of friendly expats to chat with if you feel so inclined.
I still had a hankering for schnitzel the following night, so I went back. It did not disappoint. It was one of the best I've had and portion wise, I only managed half. Goody - more for later.
I'd come back to Siem Reap just for the schnitzel. Thanks, Roman.

“Great schnitzel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Had the BBQ and schnitzel. Awesome!! The pictures of the portions don't do them justice. Delicious too. Best schnitzel I've ever had. A must go to place in S.R.

Hamburg, Germany
“Good food, but no manners!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a great lunch at the restaurant and the schnitzels are really nice for a decent price.

BUT: the austrian owner of the restaurant apparently made it a habit to disrespect his staff in front of the customers by whistling after them an treating them like low lives. Not cool!

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baguio, Philippines
“very good Austrian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

we never expected such good Austrian food in Siem Reap. It was a pleasant surprise. We loved it so much we went back for the Friday barbecue. LOVED IT. Roman is a great host.

• Visited November 2013