“Good location, excellent internet, busy swimmingpool.” 3 of 5 stars

Mom's Guesthouse
#0099 Wat Bo Street, Siem Reap 855, Cambodia   |
Ranked #98 of 324 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Москва, Россия
“Good location, excellent internet, busy swimmingpool.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Good location you can walk to centre city in 15 min. Swimming pool is very nice but people who don't stay at the hotel can use for 3 $ per day so tends to get busy. Despite being listed our standard room did not have a balcony. Pleasant room which they clean every day, though during the 6 days they never cleaned the bathroom. Food in the swimmingpool cafe very poor and expensive therefore not recommendable. Excellent breakfast but ask for two eggs if you will be looking at temples all day. More of a hotel feel then guesthouse. Very nice owner and very good Internet connection. Overall were happy with our choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Don't be fooled by the name - Mom's is not a nurturing place, it's a business catered to the spartan $20 a room crowd. Plusses: hot water, decent wi-fi in rooms, decent breakfest, decent location on busy street but rooms are in the back, although paper-thin walls (lovemaking next door- a bonus). Downside: It does not feel special. The rooms are fairly clean, but dark. Ditto for the breakfest area. There is a lovely new pool, but don't even think about bringing your own food in (it's a business - buy their overpriced stuff). I would not return. Instead, I would walk around and pay a few more bucks (or even the same) for higher quality. Avoid booking any place in Siem Reap online - there are tons of beds (i arrived just after christmas - still plenty of rooms in this town). Demand more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Munich, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Can recommend without restrictions. Very friendly, responsive staff given that we did quite some changes to our booking. Extremely clean, well organized (e.g. they try to give you the same Tuk Tuk driver every day which helps a lot in the sea of these vehicles). Short, but fantastic, oasis like pool,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Okay so I might be a bit more picky, but I am currently living in Siem Reap and had to leave my house for a night because the landlord wanted to paint. We could've stayed, but the smell was driving me nuts.
I checked the price of Mom's on Booking.com it was $28. I called Mom's and they said a room would be $30. This is bearing in mind that Booking.com take about 40%.it seemed a bit of arbitrarily making up prices.
I though I would book a Deluxe at Mom's. If it is Deluxe I don't know what standard is. The advertised "balcony" doesn't have a chair and looks into someone's back yard.
Breakfast, well I asked for an omelette and got one egg with some baguette. And cold coffee.
Also, No one told me there was wifi and I only noticed when I saw the router the following day. Thanks guys. Not.
Next morning I had an appt at 2pm and check-out was at 12pm. I asked if I could just lay by the pool for an hour and a half to which I was told no, I have to pay $3 because all the "paying clients" don't get to use the pool because there are so "many people who have checked out and are laying around waiting for the night bus". Actually, I saw 2 other guests at the pool. Funny though, when I asked again in Khmer, the price dropped a dollar. If you want to save money in Cambodia, learn some language.
The pool was nice and probably what makes the place get higher reviews. Overall, Mom's is okay, but if you want a pool, stay somewhere more expensive but 100 times nicer, like Pippeli Pensionne. If you want friendly and cheap, stay at Rosy Guesthouse.

• Stayed December 2012
Nottingham, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed here about 6 years ago and went back in November 2012 - the placed has changed and grown and the service much improved. Previously there was no breakfast or pool and the place was smaller, and the staff not always helpful. All staff were polite and friendly (which wasn't necessarily the case 6 years ago!) and the rooms kept very clean and comfortable. I prefer this side of town as its quiet but still accessible to get to the busier parts and the temples no problem. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel, especially as it now has a pool. I felt safe for myself and my belongings here and its great value. The owner was super helpful via all e mail bookings prior to our stay.

Room Tip: The rooms in the newer part of the building were better than the ones in the "old" area...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My driver had a problem finding the place at first. Stayed there for five nights and found the hotel good value in a quiet surrounding. Very clean rooms, friendly management, good breakfast and a nice little pool made this place perfect for my stay. It's out of the city centre but not too far to walk and there is always transport around. And it's close to the National Highway and the road to Angkor Wat. I will definitely stay there again next time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Simple but clean room with much needed air conditioning. The full breakfast was delicious. The location is in my prefered part of town because although it's busy, it is not as noisy as it is around the old market area, but easy walking distance to anywhere in town (if you like to walk). And to have a small, pristine swimming pool for the price!!! Wonderful to end the day with a swim. The owner was very cordial and helpful as were all of the staff that I spoke to. I highly recommend Mom's Guesthouse.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Mom's Guesthouse? Share your experiences!