“Nice rooms, good location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ladybug Guest House

Ladybug Guest House
You added Ladybug Guest House to your Saves list
Ladybug Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Steung Thmey Village, Sangkat Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap, Cambodia   |
Ranked #140 of 383 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice rooms, good location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to be within walking distance of town but away from all the noise, and Ladybug certainely didn't disappoint. We had already walked around for a while until we stumbled across this place and we were pleased to find it!

The rooms were nice and clean, with a big bed and TV (couple of English channels). Staff were friendly and helpful. They didn't mention the breakfast so can't comment on that, we enjoyed our breakfasts at the many restaurants at the end of the road instead!

• Stayed November 2013

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Staff was very nice and approachable, helped us out with anything we needed. We were happy that the location was away from Pub Street and all the noise but still close enough to everything we wanted to see.
Nice, clean rooms and good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

the room was a bit small but o.k. not so clean, but if you're not too fussy its good enough. the staff were very nice and friendly, helped us around and helped us with transportation to the temples and pnom pen. they have a nice little breakfast with eggs, fresh baguettes and coffee.

• Stayed September 2013
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This review would probably be closer to a four than a five but just remembering the great service we got from the staff at Ladybug, I could not bring myself to click on the four.

Let me start with the not so great. Mosquitoes in the room (we stayed in the ground floor). They were there constantly during our week's stay. You can't really request for late check out and even when we offered to pay for a half a night's stay since our flight was leaving late at night, they would only accommodate us until 5 since the cleaning staff leaves then. Lastly, the price point is similar to other guesthouses near the area but some offer more amenities than Ladybug does (ie, refrigerator in the room which is a must have for keeping water cold in a super hot Siem Reap).

All that being said, I cannot say enough about the service. The staff were so accommodating with our different requests. They were also very smiley and it was great to come back into a welcoming guest house where the staff would ask after you rather than into a cheerless place especially after a long tiring day in Siem Reap.

They lobby area is nice, large and airy and is a great place to hangout. Wifi was okay, not the best but worked for our needs. The rooms were a nice size and the toilets were clean. The A/C was cold which is something that was of definite need for us. The guesthouse is very close to the Pub Street, Night Market and Old Market areas so you save up on tuktuks as everything is within walking distance.

I would definitely recommend the place to budget travelers.

Room Tip: The largest room is probably the one on the second floor inside the house. You access the other roo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was at Red Lodge the night before and didn't quite like it, so went searching for a better hotel in the area. I rely heavily on Lonely Planet so I was a bit nervous about going to a hotel not mentioned in the book. After asking a few hotels, I thought this place was the best value for money. Checked TripAdvisor and saw the positive reviews, so I decided to go for it.
Took a room with a fan.

Warning: It will get quite warm without a/c but you can open the windows (which then allows mosquitoes to come in). However, I used an antimosquito app on my phone and it worked.. and I had a good stay here. (3 nights)

The flooring is just bricks but the bed is comfy and toilets are clean. The reception is friendly and will help you with tours and bus tickets and will give you a good price for it too. At night there is some music from the nearby bar (at least it's still lively in the area!) but it will quiet down closer to midnight. I didn't feel bothered by the music (as opposed to the first hotel).

Will definitely recommend it for low budget travellers looking for best value for money and privacy. It is also very close to the old market area so it's in a really great location too.

Room Tip: Get room with a/c but if you're willing to hack it, open the windows and get some mosquito repel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed here in November 2012 for about 5 days. I had originally booked into another guesthouse which turned out to be awful, so pounded the pavements looking for something half-decent and within my budget. Hard to find good accommodation in Siem Reap! A (full) guesthouse called Eight Rooms recommended this place across the road - and I'm so glad they did as I was about to give up. After being offered a choice, I took a double room on the ground floor near reception which was lovely and newly decorated, with the first decent shower I'd seen in Siem Reap. At first I had reservations about the room as it was so near reception which is quite 'open', but everything was fine. Leng who showed me around was so lovely. There was a TV, the bed was so comfy, air con, good bathroom, very clean, wifi, computer in reception etc. Leng is very attentive if you need him for anything but also laid back - the fridge for water/drinks in reception seemed to be run on an 'honour' system - if I took something he would just give me a nod or I would tell him later. He organised my Angkor trip for me with a great driver for 3 days (sorry I have forgotten his name!) - he was great and originally from one of the villages near where a temple is located. You can decide how you would like to plan your day or they'll give you guidance.
The family who own the guesthouse are very nice and seem very keen to work together, develop it and get ahead - they were doing the garden which looked amazing when I was there, and it's a lovely place to relax with a book during the hot afternoons - if you can get the swing seat to yourself!
I really enjoyed staying there and would definitely go back. There is some noise in the evenings from a bar next door which I thought would bother me (light sleeper) but it closes early so you are most likely out for dinner when it's on.
I would really recommend this place. I enjoyed most of all talking to Leng about growing up near Siem Reap, and finding out more about his life. Thank you Leng for your hospitality, telling me a bit about yourself and the insight into Cambodian people! It was a memorable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Redon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

It's a tuc tuc driver who recomanded this establishment.
Open late at 1.00 am when j arrived.
Very good service from the staff.
Guesthouse in the center of the town, but in a quiet street.
Using computer free.
They reserved for me my air ticket.
Different prices whith or without air conditioned.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ladybug Guest House? Share your experiences!