Whoever says that love at first sight is impossible have not been to this place! If you are in Siem Reap, whether you are with friends, business partners, alone, or family, give this place a shot. I was here with a travelling partner, and after doing the typical routine of visiting the various temples in Siem Reap, we wanted an activity that was simple and fun. Considering it was the last night of our trip and we needed something other than drinking in Pub Street, I had a friend recommended me this place because she knows I an avid golfer and that mini putt might be something suitable for last minute activities.
The location of the Angkor Wat Putt is slightly further than normal attractions, approximately 3.0 km away from City Centre where the roads are bumpy and resembled more of a countryside. We were personally picked up by the owner, Mr Tee and had very interesting conversation about his ideas for the this mini putt.
I have played in a few mini putts in various countries, but this one is top notch because of these factors:
1) Close to accurate reproductions of the Angkor Temples, incorporated into each hole.
2) Very challenging - I scored a 69 on a 14 hole course.
3) Great value for money - $ 5 for an hour of fun (depending how fast you play) with your friends!
4) The course is outdoor, and the owner is still developing the landscape finish around the courses.
Just a few tips though:-
1) If you are planning to play in a group bigger than 4, it might be worthwhile to organise your own transport there. It is more cost effective than getting pick-up from hotels.
2) Since the course is outdoor, it is highly dependent on the weather. Rainy days or middle of the day are not recommended for obvious reasons.
3) Play it in the evening or close to sunset - take your time to enjoy each hole and admire the workmanship and efforts placed on the finishes of the temples (which was build using a combination of concrete and styrofoam). I regret not bringing the cameras to take photos of these great structures.
Definitely a recommended activity and it provided a great ending to my trip to Cambodia this year.
By the way, one most important thing - I truly enjoyed the one and only free beer that was on offer for anyone who scored hole in one in any hole.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.