My husband and I stayed only for 3 nights and wished we could have stayed longer. La Residence has the usual top quality amenities that you expect from a top hotel, spacious room over looking pool (room #44), lovely breakfast Area and fantastic selection including Menu for hot food selection which you don't get at some other places we had stayed at during our trip. It had a great place for drinks called Ember Lounge including Happy Hour between 6-7.30 which also had a small library of books, magazines and newspapers as well as acess to 2 computers. But as my title said the staff who all addressed us by our Christian names went out of there way to help, nothing was too much trouble. Special mention to Caroline who was a Trainee Manager from Switzerland who recommend some great places to eat and also arranged a very good Tuk Tuk driver who was really great during our stay. Also the staff who work in the poolside restuarant where we would eat each day after a morning of doing the Temples, they were Outstanding. We did have 2 things that we felt could be improved and that was the design of the shower which was a little difficult to have a nice shower as the shower arm didn't extend far over the very large oval bath and secondly the chairs in the lobby were very uncomfortable to sit in for any length of time. The Manager who is very nice spike to us in several occasions and when we were leaving asked if we any any comments and when we mentioned these two things he agreed and said the shower issue was in progress of being changed at the moment and in relation to the furniture it was being looked into. I also might mention the style of the place is in the traditional Kamyer which has lots of timber which was really nice and felt very warm.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence d`Angkor By Orient-Express Hotel
- La Residence d`Angkor By Orient-Express Hotel Siem Reap
- La Residence d Angkor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Résidence d'Angkor Hotel in Siem Reap, Cambodia is an intimate luxury hotel near Angkor Wat, set within a leafy walled garden. From here you are ideally placed to explore Siem Reap and to visit the temples of Angkor Wat, one of the man-made wonders of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orient Express, Booking.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your La Residence d'Angkor by Orient-Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.