The hotel pumps into the lobby an orange green tea aroma through its air conditioning system - I will never forget that smell. It's part of the walk welcome that awaits you each time to enter the hotel.
Staff is excellent. Happy to see you, eager to make your stay the best one yet. Concierge was able to make two dinner reservations for us, and helped get us into tuk-tuks to get there safely.
Rooms are comfortable and "large" with plenty of space for storing luggage. We had a pool view on the 3rd floor. Do not put up your "Do Not Disturb" sign - make sure you to get turn down service because treats await, and not just cookies! Toiletries are L'Occitane. :-)
We used the laundry service. Put all of our clothes to be laundered in the provided bag (as much as you can fit, really) for just $33. It was delivered to our room in a cute trunk - cleaned, pressed, wrapped in tissue paper. Nice to have clean clothes when we got back to the US.
The pool was fabulous and quiet when we were there. Huge! Grounds are very, very well maintained and picturesque. Pool bar is swim up, and uses fresh coconut in its pina coladas, in case you care :-)
The hotel gym is sufficient, with a few cardio machines, free weights and a couple of weight machines.
We ate breakfast in The Citadel. The buffet is large with many options. Try the small detox juices, they are cute and refreshing. We only had a group dinner there as part of an event for our trip. The meal was very tasty. I will be thinking about my pumpkin soup for a long time.
If (really, when) we return to Cambodia, this will be our place to stay. It is very close to Angkor Wat and easy to get to other attraction, like the Night Market.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in landscaped gardens on Charles de Gaulle Avenue, Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort is the closest Siem Reap hotel to the ruins of Angkor Wat. This unique Siem Reap Cambodia hotel is situated near traditional markets, tourist attractionsand the airport. Enjoy the many features of Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, including 238 rooms, a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, five restaurants, the Phokeethra Country Club, and a world class 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf Hotel Siem Reap
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Hotel
- Sofitel Siem Reap
- Siem Reap Sofitel