My husband & I stayed a fortnight at this hotel over Christmas and New Year, and had the most fantastic holiday. Nearest 5 star hotel to the Temples. Thoroughly recommend !! New Years Eve Gala was a spectacular in the hotel grounds lit by torches and fairy lights, with live music, Cambodian dancers and acrobats, ice-carving, fabulous food, market stalls selling local wares, and even a live water buffalo. We stayed in a luxury room which was very clean, well serviced and stocked, with fresh fruit and water, a fantastic big bed, and a lovely balcony. The restaurants (Citadel and Mahouts Dream) were excellent, with a wide choice of Western or Cambodian food, all beautifully presented and with excellent service and friendly staff. The Royal Court has a nightly Cambodian dancing display (Apsara etcs) which is very good. My husband put on half a stone in weight, and we would recommend the hot chocolate souffle and breakfast waffles !! The hotel grounds are lovely, and we enjoyed relaxing by the pool, with attentive and friendly (but not pestering) pool staff. The So Spa was a calm, cool oasis, and I recommend Kim for a very good massage. The bars were good, with competent staff, and a pre-dinner piano player every evening.
Many tourists only come to Siem Reap for a few days, on the Grand IndoChina Tour, and rush around the Temples, and do not have the time to enjoy the location. I would recommend coming to this hotel for a fortnight, to have more time to see the many Temples at leisure (Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Beng Mealea, Banteay Srei, Ta Prohm, etc), see Tonle Sap, visit the Angkor National Museum (good for history and statues from the Temples), do a Quad-bike ride around the rice fields in the country-side outside Siem Reap waving at the friendly locals, Tuk Tuk to town centre market, and have time to relax and enjoy the hotel. All the hotel staff were very friendly, helpful, professional and hospitable. I would particularly commend Benoit Matanomski as Operations Manager, Chef Adam and Sandra Wieczorek Food & Beverage Manager, for looking after us so well.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf Hotel Siem Reap
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf Hotel
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Hotel
- Sofitel Siem Reap
- Siem Reap Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in landscaped gardens on Charles de Gaulle Avenue, Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort is the closest Siem Reap hotel to the ruins of Angkor Wat. This unique Siem Reap Cambodia hotel is situated near traditional markets, tourist attractionsand the airport. Enjoy the many features of Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, including 238 rooms, a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, five restaurants, the Phokeethra Country Club, and a world class 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.