“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 222 hotels in Siem Reap
Adelaide, Australia
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My sister and stayed for eight nights at Side Walk Hotel, which had been recommended by a friend.
It was great, comfortable room with air con and good bathroom, all kept very clean. The staff were always friendly and helpful. Internet access and free tea and coffee all day were a bonus
Also there was a good variety of eating places, shopping and markets within a short walking distance.
We would highly recommend this place and the fact that it will soon have a pool is a big plus

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed in the Side Walk hotel for four nights in Dec 2012 and I have absolutely nothing to complain. Very nice house, clean large room with aircon, ~200 m from the very center, laundry and bike rental just in front, two bottles of water delivered every day to room, fridge (I found any cooling very important in Siem Reap :-), breakfast included (eggs made in some way with fresh baguette, tea, coffee), and mainly friendly and always helpful staff (maybe owners at the same time). They greatly helped me to find some people (to which I lost contact) by calling their tuk-tuk driver and taking me to the hotel of those people on motorbike for free. I can not compare the price/quality ratio with other places nearby, but I thing it was more than appropriate. I didn't spent a single coin more than what I payed through agoda.com.

Room Tip: Take second floor and higher. Take room with aircon.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Very good room - big, light, clean. Breakfast includes in the price and free coffee and tea 24 hours, Big lobby. Massages facilities in hotel - not very bad, but it town I found better. Small cons about the road to the hotel - a lot of pockets on the road. But the biggest disappointment for me was cheating with prices. When I booked this room, there weren't any words about differences prices of rooms between room with aircond. and room without. In my room I found aircond without remote control. Recepshionist told me that remote control costed 5 dollars more per day. It's not about a big price, it's about a honest conditions.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dunedin New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My partner and I had been traveling Thailand and we have found accommodation up and down regarding cleanliness, quality, cost, helpful staff, etc. We recently undertook the long journey from Bangkok crossing the Combodian boarding on route for Siem Reap to explore Angkor Wok. We had chose not to book ahead due to the Thailand accommodation not meeting up to the standard we had read and seen on the internet, Side Walk however is a step above any we have experienced so far : ) We arrived in Siem Reap at 9:30 and found not booking accommodation ahead to be a mistake due to the high prices we were getting offer but after being advised by another couple of their booking at Side Walk we chose to go and ask if any rooms were available but to our dismay we were told it was fully booked until the next day. It was very lucky for us that MR Koni the manager at Side walk chose to go out of his way to take me on the back of his motorbike to find accommodation for the night. The next day we checked into The Side Walk hotel top once again find Mr Koni here to welcome us with a smile, we were taken to our room which we found to be immaculate. During the course of our stay we were treated to wonderful breakfasts which always had amazing fresh bread. We dealt with a number of staff during our stay and found all to be very helpful when facilitating in anything required, they also offer great prices for buses etc. The overall experience is the highest of quality, my only wish is that we could bring the hotel on the road with us for our remaining travel in Cambodia and Vietnam. A massive thank you again go out to Koni and all the staff at Side Walk Hotel making feel so welcome and so well looked after during our stay, from Kiwi Josh and Beccy : ) : ) : )

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in December, we had to adjust our reservation by a night due to a canceled flight. The owners where friendly and accommodating to the change and during our stay. Hotel is a 5-10 min walk from pub street, which is a must, but on a quiet road so the noise is a non issue. Breakfast is included and very good with juice, cooked to order eggs, and baguettes. Room was clean and a/c worked well. Only draw back was no in room safe. All and all a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Sidewalk Hotel is a very well located hotel at a great price, with very friendly staff who make your stay feel very personal.
The free pick up from airport on arrival was a great way to start, as you don't have to worry about getting 'ripped off at the airport''.
One example of the friendliness and making your stay personal is, I had been out in Asia for 3 months and really wanted to try snake...but hadn't yet seen the opportunity. The staff here ran down to the market and picked me up a snake freshly caught that morning... $5 & 2 hours later, I was eating snake soup! Which was delicious - I recommend you try it!
All in all, 10/10 stay and two thumbs up!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Yokohama, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The owner of this is very friendly, nice, and fun. You can hang out in front of the hotel with the hotel owner and drivers. Even if you come visit Siem Reap alone, you can have a good time with them. Airport ride, Angkor Wat ride, both are fun.

Room Tip: Twin bed room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sidewalk Never Die Hotel Siem Reap? Share your experiences!