“Good place but dirty pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa

Save Saved
You added Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa to your Saves list
Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   0126, Wat Bo Rd., Slorkrame Village | Siem Reap, Siem Reap 063, Cambodia   |
Ranked #33 of 117 Specialty lodging in Siem Reap
Hong Kong, China
“Good place but dirty pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We booked this hotel because it had a pool so we were extremely disapointed when we saw how merky the water was. We never saw anyone cleaning it too. We stayed three nights and my husband only dare to swam once. I did not have the courage to try. We are not fussy people, a dirty pool is just not inviting even when it's 30 degrees outside! It's too bad because after a long day cycling around the temples it would have been nice. The rest was great, friendly and helpful staff, decent breakfast, nice room and balcony.

• Stayed December 2012
Retreat Villa B, Owner at Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Hi there

First allow me to extend my profound thanks for taking your busy time to comment on our facilities for which I must apology that inconvenience caused. And gratify that overall stayed you did enjoy the stay with us. I like to thank you .

It is with my deep concern of learning the comment you made. I took step of preventive maintenance of ensuring our resident enjoy the facilities we offered as resulted on the recent comment you can see and witness that all resident enjoy our pool.

I hope you can give us a chance to welcoming you back to Retreat Villa in the near future and please drop a line directly to me md@retreatvilla.com.

I, on behalf of Retreat Villa staff member thank for the comment

With my best regards,

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I recently stayed for 6 nights at this property. It was great value for money and I thought the bedding including pillows were great and the balcony was nice to sit out on after a day exploring. The rear and side areas of the property are beautifully landscaped and maintained and the pool was lovely to swim in and sit by. Breakfast was included and had several options to select from. All the staff were fantastic friendly and always greeted you with a warm smile. I came to view the hotel without a booking and they kindly showed me through the rooms so I could see if I was happy to stay. The manager was great a kind a gentle soul always took time to see how your day was and if you needed anything. The only thing I would fault would be the drainage in the upstairs bathroom I had. Either it was blocked or couldn't keep up with the water flow as the shower is open a pool of water was left. It didn't bother me too much but may someone else. I would stay here again and recommend it to others. Location is good able to walk to markets or pub street if thats your thing but over the river so a little quieter at night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hi there,

Thank you so much for staying with us and gratifying of hearing that our team has played part of your great memorable experience during the recent trip. I like to thank you

I am glad you did enjoy the stay in Siem Reap and I took great care of hearing the comment share by our Resident then applying what best we could fix to ensure the next Resident will not experience the same issue for which as resulted there is no repeat drainage issue occurred again. I must thank you for a frank comment that enables me to deliver what best we could possible offer to our guest.

Thank you very much for choosing Retreat Villa as place of your choice in Siem Reap. Do drop me a line to md@retreatvilla.com for your future visit.

With my best regards,

phnom penh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel has really friendly staff who really tries best of them, to us it was something like to sleep in Jim Thompsons house with one more thing it had a small paradise. in back of hotel they had large but not huge swimming pool wich ws surronded with all kinds of plants well taken care, on the end thay had a small chair with small waterfall over it. In night it looks great and we felt like we were somewhere else.
Stuff were really helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi there,

Thank you very much for choosing Petit Villa as place of your choice in Siem Reap. Chivit and my whole team and me are thrilled to hear such a lovely courage words toward our staff member and thank you for staying with us

Retreat Villa is simply a place to relax hideaway from crowd that is what about our place. It small in the unique own way that guarantee the happiness of each resident when staying with us.

Team and me are looking forward to welcoming you back home. Petit is your home in Cambodia.

Petit Villa Boutique & Spa
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This small boutique hotel allowed me and family to relax in peace. Staffs made our holiday more wonderful, everyone was highly attentive and friendly; we did enjoy the swimming pool, esp. the food and reasonable price of massage services and SPA therapy. Keep up!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Retreat Villa B, Owner at Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hi there,

What a wonderful courage !

Thank you so much for your kind compliments toward our boutique for which the team lead by Chivit so thrilled to receive such a motivate word, these make us do harder to do what so ever we could to ensure our future resident will get the best , great memorable experience while in Siem Reap

The pool is design a quiet place to relax away from bustle street , allowing our guest with total privacy.

Thank you for believing in us, looking forward to welcoming you back home

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Nice place, cozy ambient, good accommodations, balcony and swimming pool, and the staff really kind, polite and helpful. If we take account of price and quality, this hotel is and excellent option.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Retreat Villa B, Owner at Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, October 31, 2012

What a lovely comments!

Nothing in the day make us, Retreat staff a happier days once seeing our Resident felt compelled and appreciated the services, facility we offered after the stay. Retreat Spa over looking to the pool offers an unique relaxation toward our guest. We do all it can to offer what best our resident need to ease their travel plan, a relax at pool is one of our Retreat place away from bustle road.

I, thank you so much for the stays at Retreat Villa and our staff are looking forward to welcoming you home soon.

Warrnambool, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Mr Chivit and the rest of the staff here are very welcoming and helpful. The room I had was extremely comfortable and led onto a small balcony overlooking the garden. I felt quite spoilt the whole time I was there. Chivit always had a fruit shake waiting when I returned back after a day out and even had a massage lady come for me on one day when I was really tired. He was a concerned and lovely man. The hotel is located on Wat Bo Road which is reasonably busy and it is near the Phnom Penh main road end if you are giving directions. The name change is quite recent. You can find plenty of restaurants along Wat Bo road and the walk into the main Pub Street area takes about 20 minutes along the river. The FCC is pretty close near the post office and a great place for cocktails and relax if you can't be bothered going into the busy town centre for a meal. I walked there most nights for my meal and the walk there was well lit and safe. I would come back here any time I was visiting Siem Reap.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hi there,

What a lovely words ! Felt touch our people heart to hear of how our Resident enjoy the moment and great memorable experience offered by Retreat Staff in particular Chivit who did in his best capacity to ensure our resident feel like home. This is a gesture from our guest and I am so delighted that our staff plays part of your great memorable experience you have had in Siem Reap.

Your comment has well received by the whole team of Retreat Villa and we are looking forward to welcoming you back home soon no in far distance.

Lake Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is the third occaision I have stayed at the "Retreat Villa". The reason is it offers such friendly & unobtrusive service at an extremly good value price. No reasonable request is too much trouble! I have used the hotel both as a tourist ,and between volunteer episodes and been very happy there indeed. Its an easy flat walk over the into the "CBD'.You can get a tuk tuk back after dark for $3US max. Its also close to the Museum, Palce Gardens,a convenience store,a photo shop and a plethora of restaurants. The In - house egg breakfast (inc) is much appreciatiated together with fruit on arrival and water,tea and coffee replenished daily in your room.A rare gem indeed of SE Asian hotels. I was touched too to receive an email too checking on my safe arrival home to Australia as I am a senior travelling alone. "Au revoir" and "Akun" to all in REP :-)

Room Tip: Book well ahead as its naturally popular and not large. Next time around I hope to avail myself of t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Retreat Villa B, Owner at Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hi there,

I cannot express enough my deeply appreciation when seeing our beloved resident happy after the stay at Retreat Villa. I , Thank you so much for staying with us and glad that our team has in particular Chivit played part of your great experience in siem reap.

It so touch especially Chivit once learnt from your line of seeing how pleased you were at our place. it touch our heart and motivate us to do at our best possible capacity in all mean to deliver what make our guest happy such as yours. Our Retreat Spa overview to poolside with calm design offering Khmer massage a real relax that our guest should have. And we do provide the tour excursion for our resident too.

I cannot say enough and delightful that you enjoyed the stay, me and team particular Chivit is anxiously looking forward to welcoming you home. We wanted you to experience our new design Villa Room.

Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa

Been to Retreat Villa Boutique & Spa? Share your experiences!