“Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Moon Villa & Spa

You added The Moon Villa & Spa to your Saves list
The Moon Villa & Spa
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   Sivatha Road, Phum Steung Thmei | Svay Dangkhum, Siem Reap 93226, Cambodia   |
Ranked #57 of 162 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I book this hotel last minutes. They offer a free transfer from air port. Upon arrivel, the lady staff serve with great smile. She gave us cold towel & cold drink. We arrive very early in the morning but able to make our early check in after 1 hour waiting.
Due to all room occupied on the first day, we get a small room without window. The room is clean & comfortable. They provide all the amenities like 5 star hotel do.
On the early morning next day, we were offer to move to bigger room with window. The room is even more comfortable. But after heavy rain, the water splash in front window. We call the reception & send somebody to clean the room within minutes !
All the staff are very polite & helpful. They even provide me the cold towel again when we were back from our cycling trip.
The hotel offer 50% discount on their spa & massage. This is worth for the money. The ambient is good & one of the lady massauer is excellent.
The location is very strategic, opposite of the hotel full of food stall & only 2 minutes walk to old market & 5 minutes walk to Pub street.
Mr Spohana Heang (supervisor) was very helpful. He even ask our opinion on how to improve their room & services.
I would recomend the hotel. And forgot to mention that the breakfast is good.

Room Tip: Request room with window.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We arrived in Siem Reap all booked into one of the most popular and well rated budget hotels down the same road as the Moon Villa. When the place proved to be a disappointment (the plumbing is old, so the tub releases water onto the bathroom floor), we set out to find another hotel. Moon villa is very posh and lovely looking, so we thought it would be too expensive. To our pleasant surprise, the staff was super-friendly and brought their price down to less than what we were paying at the previous place. The room and bathroom were spotless and very comfortable, in fact, four star hotel material. The staff was very warm and friendly, and we enjoyed chatting with them. The Moon villa has an absolutely lovely terrace restaurant, where we found ourselves chilling on afternoons, for a change from the noisy pub street. Pub street BTW is less than a minute away, so the location couldnt be better. To top it all, Moon villa offers an absolutely YUM five course breakfast, which really sets you off for a fun and action-packed day in the city and its temples. I recommend the Moon Villa wholeheartedly. I've traveled ALOT, but for the price, this place is the best I've ever stayed at!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Aguas de Lindoia, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The highest point of this hotel is the staff. Everyone is ultra friendly and kind, they make you feel like royalty.

Breakfast is good.

Linnen and towels were very clean and fluffy.

Reception organised a very good guide and tuc tuc driver for me, with very short notice!

The hotel is cute and nicelly decorated, but I was given a rioom with no windows to the "world", however, it had three very high windows that faced the corridor. I could not see out, no one could see in, but the fluorescent lights made my room as bright as a day at the beach, on the first night. I could not sleep at all and complained. The manager gave me a free massage ( it was amazing), free transfer to the airport and got the staff to cover the windows with dark film. problem solved ( apart from ventilation issues, obviously).

The electricity went on and off all day. I had serious trouble to complete a business call to UK as my skype kept breaking and the call dropping when electricity failed ( it happened 3 times in the same call). The light also went out when i was having a shower, brushing my teeth and reading a bit. I guess this was a problem in the area, not related to the hotel specifically.

The door has a chain, but it was installed wrong and it does nor close ( you will probably not need it, the place is very safe).

The water pressure and temperature of the shower is good, but the shower is right in front of the door and there are no curtains or box, so the water pools in the bathroom ( funny enough it does dry very quickly).

Please keep in mind the fee for this hotel was $23. Don't expect the Ritz Carlton!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Themoonvillaand S, Manager at The Moon Villa & Spa, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
It was our prestige to serve you here in Siem Reap at The Moon Villa & Spa and are glad to see your review posted with both good and constructive comments.

We are responding to this review in order to inform that the constructive points have been brought on board and the fixing process is now under progress.

In the mean time, we would like to apologize to allocate the room accommodation which made your trip to Siem Reap not the comfortable one, and we do expect that you will read our actions.

Wish you the best and enjoy your further holiday.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We would like to express our gratitude towards all the staff and services provided by the hotel during our stay 5th July to 9th July.

We had so much fun and soooo satisfied with the services. From the welcome drink till the breakfast box on our departure day! We had sooooo much fun! And they served us excellently.

The room was extremely comfy and they kept it clean everyday. We got free coffee/tea,mineral water everyday. We even get fruits on our 1st day!

Their services were excellent and far beyond our expectation.
All the staff will greet you whenever you bumped into them.. They were so helpful n informative too! And the location is soooo strategic :) near to everything!

Keep it up the good work!

We hope to come back later.

• Stayed July 2012
Burlingame, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I found this place after staying at another hotel that was a little further away from the center of town. They were able to match my price of 18.50 a night and for the service offered and quality of the rooms that was a deal I couldn't pass up. The location of the hotel is steps away from the Old Market and Pub Street and the entrance faces several restaurants serving good cheap food. I had arranged transportation to the temples independently, but if needed you can do that through the hotel. The rooms are spotless and cleaned every day. You are provided with toiletries including shampoo, soap, shaving kit and tooth brush and tooth paste. The included rate offers a decent breakfast on the relaxing rooftop patio. The staff here were awesome, greeting me everyday for breakfast and when i returned from a long day at the temples or just walking around town. You can ask them for anything and they will try their best to accommodate requests. Most importantly the bed sheets are stainless and have no bed bugs.
For a more comprehensive review

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Incredible services of The Moon Villa. Suitable room rate but I got excellent service. Very very friendly and attentive staff. Well trained.

Stayed two nights and moved to another as the reservation made in advance, otherwise would stay here for whole my trip to Siem Ream. The best local which is easy to shopping, night life... Won spend for transportation to go those places.

Please do not forget their spa treatment, I did it twice during my stay. Very nice!

Please choose The Moon for your Siem Reap trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hospitality of this small hotel, gave me the desire to return to Siem Reap. The staff with their attention on their guests is truly exceptional. When I arrived, I was offered a fresh orange juice and a small fresh towel, and when I left a free tuk-tuk for the transfer to the airport. The room was always cleaned and the double bed room was very spacious. By having problems with my health they brought me to hospital for free, and the tuk-tuk driver has waited me for over 2 hours. For this reason I recommend this hotel for a wonderful time in Siem Reap. For me this hotel deserves 5 stars instead of 3 stars. To visit the Angkor area I recommend you the hotel tuk-tuk driver, because after the long walking around the temples, he is always there waiting you with free cold drinks, because drinks and food around the temple areas very expensive. I recommend you the italian restaurants in pub street. Good pizza and pasta.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at The Moon Villa & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
It is great to hearing that guests were happy with our property and services offered. At the same, we would like to express our candid thanks the previous views posted.

The whole team of The Moon Villa & Spa wishes you the best and enjoy your holiday.

Been to The Moon Villa & Spa? Share your experiences!