“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gloria Angkor Hotel

Save Saved
You added Gloria Angkor Hotel to your Saves list
Gloria Angkor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   National Road No 6, Choung Kaosou Village, Siem Reap 855KHM, Cambodia   |
Ranked #34 of 220 hotels in Siem Reap
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is a very wonderful place to stay in Siem Reap, We went to Cambodia for a 2 nights stay and were delighted to stay here.
The Manager Mr. Kim Sophath gave a warm welcome to our group of 27 people with a welcome drink and cold wipes. Mr Kim who has 10 years of experience in the hotel management industry is very informal and ready to help in every possible way, he gave us tips about what to visit and what to buy in the Old market and Night market area.

Innovative
1)Bed time Scroll
A scroll having a bed time moral Khmer stories was a good idea which takes us back to our childhood habit of sleeping after listening to a story.
2)Movie list
A print out of 4 English movies along with the channel name and number would be placed next to the bed to help us decide what to watch.
3)Indexed Guide Book
A file was placed in the room which has details of everything required during the stay, how to get it where to get it. General Information like ISD codes of all the countries and things to see and do during our stay in Siem Reap.

Complimentary
1)Coffee/Tea
Coffee and tea was served free 24/7
2)Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi was available in hotel and 2 PC’s with internet service were present at reception.
3)Breakfast
The complimentary breakfast had a good variety of fruits pineapple, Lichi, watermelon, mangoes along with toast/sandwich and various juices like pineapple and orange were available.
4)Fruits
Assorted Cambodian fruits are placed in each room on the first day of your stay
5)Tuk-Tuk
A complimentary tuk-tuk ride is arranged by manager to drop and pick you from any market place you want to visit, number of free rides depend on the duration of your stay.

Impressive
1)Rooms
Cleanly maintained rooms
, beautiful curtains and a nice bathroom with tiny toothpastes placed along with toothbrushes. A/C in good condition, TV with many channels of different languages.
2)Interior Designing
The Hotel is designed astoundingly with beautiful wooden carvings and pretty curtains, the dining area is neatly maintained and there is also garden area where you can dine.

Overall had a memorable experience and a highly recommended place to stay.

Cheers!
Suhasini

Room Tip: The hotels in Cambodia rarely have lifts, so choose the floor depending on your ability.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Clean modern rooms at a great price, includes breakfast. Very friendly staff. One of my best stays in Cambodia. Mr. Kim is the best!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Instead of writing a review that sounds like the rest, I'll mention the uniqueness that makes this place excellent. First of, the manager, Mr. Kim, is a great man to get to know. Always laughing and smiling. He radiates happiness and it's infectious. He always takes time out of his day to get to know you and as you can tell from my uncle's review (Ed H), he's genuine.

An example: Towards the end of my first breakfast, he asked if I was looking for anything from the market. I responded, "It's been 3 weeks since I had bacon and I'd love to learn where to find." Next day I order breakfast, bacon is with my complimentary meal with no extra charge. Asking the staff, they said that as soon as I mentioned it, he went to market to get for me when I went out for the day. A day later, he invited me to join him at a Khmer wedding ceremony one of his family members were being wedded. I had a blast! I got to see things most tourists miss out on.

The lobby staff and maids were amazing. Always saying, "Hello Alex!" smiling and asking how was my day. If they saw me coming inside from 95-100 degree heat (35C), they would rush to me with ozone water and a cold damp towel so I can whip my face. I left back home a couple weeks before their new restaurant opens up. It shares the same building as the hotel so you just walk to the lobby and open the restaurant door. They gave me a tour and it looks great. So far, I saw big tables for friends and family, breakfast buffet tables, and a bar fully stocked.

Mr. Kim gave me his word, if there was anything I needed, he would track it down. Now where do you find management like that? 15 nights at his hotel, just try it for your self. Next trip, this will be the place I stay. Been to 7 different hotels, this is the one you want.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Montpelier, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

A little outside of town, but they provide free transport in so not a concern. Great property, stayed 3 days because of staff! Always very welcoming and warm! Greeted with cold water and cold hand towels when coming in from the hot sun!!! Breakfast included for $15 US a night! It was spotless, the ac was wonderful. We even had turn down service complete with Cambodian bed to e stories on our pillows. We really can't say enought good thing s about the property!!! Thank you for an excellent stay and experience at Angkor Wat!

Room Tip: Weddings take place next door to the hotel...ask for a room not facing that side!!! Be warned, the w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

with the super low rate, the place was surprisingly clean and well-organized. the staff are wonderful and accommodating. the room is spacious and i like that it gives a good sunlight.
i would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Kirkland, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Originally I tried to contact Hotel 89 (no longer exist) because of manager Mr Kim and their fantastic service but was unable to contact him before my arrival. Once in Siem Reap I tracked down Mr. Kim at a brand new Gloria Angkor Hotel and when he saw me after two years he came out to greet me out front calling out my name "Mr. Ed" with a handshake and a hug!

What a wonderful time there with a fun staff and I highly recommend any hotel this man manages!

Western style bathrooms w/bathtub super clean rooms with a nice added touch each night turning down my bed with a printout of whats on TV and a scroll with a Khmer story.

Enjoy your stay...Mr. Ed

Ed Herold
Seattle, Washington
USA

Room Tip: I traveled with friends and family and every room was great!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Quezon City, Phillipines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The Hotel has an amazing staff. They will attend to your needs with personal touch. A unique feature is the story in a scroll provided by the hotel's manager that is given each day by the very hospitable staff. The beautiful garden can soothe one's soul and give one a relaxing feeling after
a tiring visit to the Angkor Watt temples. I've travelled to so many countries around the world and
have availed the services of different hotels but it was in Gloria Angkor Hotel where I felt a semblance of home.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Gloria Angkor Hotel? Share your experiences!