“Gloria Angkor - A top notch place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gloria Angkor Hotel

You added Gloria Angkor Hotel to your Saves list
Gloria Angkor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   National Road No 6, Choung Kaosou Village, Siem Reap 855KHM, Cambodia   |
Ranked #49 of 230 Hotels in Siem Reap
Kirkland, Washington, United States
“Gloria Angkor - A top notch place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Originally I tried to contact Hotel 89 (no longer exist) because of manager Mr Kim and their fantastic service but was unable to contact him before my arrival. Once in Siem Reap I tracked down Mr. Kim at a brand new Gloria Angkor Hotel and when he saw me after two years he came out to greet me out front calling out my name "Mr. Ed" with a handshake and a hug!

What a wonderful time there with a fun staff and I highly recommend any hotel this man manages!

Western style bathrooms w/bathtub super clean rooms with a nice added touch each night turning down my bed with a printout of whats on TV and a scroll with a Khmer story.

Enjoy your stay...Mr. Ed

Ed Herold
Seattle, Washington
USA

Room Tip: I traveled with friends and family and every room was great!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Quezon City, Phillipines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The Hotel has an amazing staff. They will attend to your needs with personal touch. A unique feature is the story in a scroll provided by the hotel's manager that is given each day by the very hospitable staff. The beautiful garden can soothe one's soul and give one a relaxing feeling after
a tiring visit to the Angkor Watt temples. I've travelled to so many countries around the world and
have availed the services of different hotels but it was in Gloria Angkor Hotel where I felt a semblance of home.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Phuket
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Gloria Angkor for just over three weeks and really enjoyed my time there.

The staff are outstanding - nothing is too big of a problem for them.

The room are good, air conditioned, plenty of english channels on the TV, a couple of bottles of water each day and a nice selection in the mini-bar.

There is internet in the room which works great, or there are two computers downstairs if you don't have your own computer.

The breakfasts each morning are good and included with your room price.

While I was there (Mar/Apr 2012) the restaurant wasn't open but they had started advertising job vacancies so it might be open by the time you get there.

They offer free pick up and drop off at the airport, and the hotel has tuk-tuk drivers on hand who can take you to the temples and other sights in the area.

The only possible negative to the place is that it is a little way out of town. So if you're looking for somewhere where you can go out, have a meal and a few drinks and walk back to your hotel this might not be it.

But having said that, tuk-tuk's are so cheap and available that it isn't really an issue - I never used it myself but I seem to remember being told on check in that you can get a free ride into town with the hotel tuk-tuks between 6-10 (don't quote me on that)

I think you can also get massages in the hotel and there are push bikes available - again I never used these but remember being told about them when I checked in.

All up I really enjoyed my stay at the Gloria Angkor. I'd happily stay there again and would recommend them to anyone looking for good accommodation at a decent price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

I've had the best time ar Gloria Hotell. The hotell manager was really caring and helpfull. Nice price and good rooms, clean, quite. Would recommend to every one I meet.

Only downside is the staff(except manager) was speaking poor English. But I don't think you can expect.

• Stayed April 2012
tias,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

nice hotel the staff is great, the food very nice, we had a nice time, the manager is doing a great job, the rooms very big, clean, internet not too fast, coffee free, is a good idea, in early morning, a good cup of coffe.............

the breackfast is too much, too much food hehehheh.

the massage in the room was good, also only 6 dollars................

we been 4 days in siem reap, the temples where amazing, the people nice, was a very nice holiday;;

dori and jocelyn.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

From the moment I entered the hotel, I was catered to. The manager greeted me and while they checked me in, I was given a glass of water with honey and lemongrass as well as a moist chilled cloth that smelled of jasmine. The hotel is very clean and my room was immaculate. The room is good size with modern amenities - a mini-bar, large screen tv, deep tub and toiletries. The hotel provided breakfast each morning, arranged a tuk tuk for my use during my stay, coordinated a massage for me, a tour of Angkor, did my laundry - oh, and had a pair of my pants mended! Full service all the way. Don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

This hotel opened recently and is very smart. It is very clean with excellent facilities and helpful staff. Although it is not in a central location, transport is easy to arrange. Highly recommended for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Gloria Angkor Hotel? Share your experiences!