“Great Time in Siem Reap” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #131 of 524 Activities in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Do you wish to visit Cambodia and in particular, the spectacular temples of Siem Reap, while discovering the local ways of life and venture into unique sights, avoiding the typical tourist traps? If this is the case, I am your guide. My name is Vanith Hoeum and it is here in Siem Reap where I was proudly born and have spent many years to provide exciting and amazing tours for independent adventurers In Siem Reap and around Cambodia. I am an Official Tour Guide licensed by the Ministry of tourism. University educated, I am fluent in English.
“Great Time in Siem Reap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014 via mobile

Vanith speaks good english and knowledgeable about places of interest. I just gave him the places that I would like to visit and he would come out with the itineraries and also a relax tour. He didnt mind to get wet with our photos taking near to the waterfall and got funny shots for us. He shared good angle photo taking during the monasteries tours. He is also humurous and my husband enjoyed his presence. Both of us enjoyed the time in Siem Reap and a pleasant trip.

Visited October 2014

tokyo
3 attraction reviews
“Wealth of info, accommodating and personable guy -Yay Vanith!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014 via mobile

My Dad enjoyed chatting with Vanith non stop as he is extremely knowledgeable and peppered the tour with his own experiences growing up.
Vanith was extremely flexible in swapping our itineraries around as my Mum was not feeling well and could only tour in the mornings. He was very honest about which temples were worth seeing more and which were more rigorous.
I selected Vanith out of the many guides purely based on the fact that he was involved in the Amazing Race (I'm a fan of the show) so I was amused when he showed me the spot where the contestants had to check in and I made him pose with me as if he were passing me a clue.
I highly recommend Vanith!

Visited September 2014
singapore
“Excellent Guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

If you want a tour guide who's professional, polite, has good spoken and written English, accommodating, has a great sense of humour, has a keen eye for taking great photos, an expert on the historical and political aspects of Cambodia, etc., look no further! All the rave reviews you read here about Vanith are spot on.During the 2 days' tour with him, I felt like I was shown around the sights of Siem Reap by a knowledgeable friend and not merely by a tour guide like the other tourists were. His personal stories on his growing up years and his family gave a great insight on the lives of the Cambodians then and now. Thank you, Vanith, for the fantastic time we had!

Visited April 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“6D mini adventures in Seam Reap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I'm fr Malaysia and after doing some searches for guide, my friend & I decided Vanith to be our guide in Seam Reap (SP)...he didn't disappoint us :) I would say he's well verse with the history of this country, telling exciting stories in the past and current issues. I had great time visiting temples, watching locals catching red ants, cutting palm fruits along our way to temples, etc.

Vanith is always punctual, has sense of humour, likes to poke fun, thus, making my holidays fun...he took funny pics when the angle is right (you will know when u travel with him :) ). Weather is extremely hot in April, but no worry, his AC car is equipped with umbrellas and cool water at all times.

If you're travelling to SP, write to Vanith. You can use the ite as suggested by him, or tell him what your interest is. I would not recommend tourists to take tuk tuk to the temples as it is hot and dusty (unless you're in a very tight budget)...use a proper guide so they can explain to you things that you don't find in the books sometimes and also, travelling in an AC car is definitely much much better after hot day!

I hope to be able to visit SP again in future...btw, Khmer food is delicious...eat local food everyday, where possible...and hv a good cocktail/liqueur there..at a price you won't find in your country. Ask Vanith where to eat....fr Khmer food to fried red ants, tarantullas, insects :p

cheers..Wendy (Malaysia) - 13Apr-18Apr 2014

Visited April 2014
Prince George, Canada
“Enriching Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I am from Canada and visited the temples of Siem Reap from 14 March to 16 March, 2014. If you have high standards and want professional service hire Vanith. I brought my spouse and 10 year old daughter. I decided to employ Vanith to tour us around, and would highly recommend you do the same. Prior to arriving in Cambodia, I communicated with Vanith by email. He was very prompt and professional, and communicated very well in English. As promised Vanith met us at the airport. He was very courteous and respectful of my family. On the drive to our hotel he answered all our questions and explained some of the sites we were passing. He helped us book into our nice hotel and we arranged that he would pick us up early the next morning to start touring. In consultation with Vanith we determined our itinerary and over the next three days Vanith guided us. During the tour Vanith taught us so much about the history of the area, and the history of the art at the temples. This was very interesting. Also we travelled in nice a/c van, which was a benefit. If we had requests, Vanith attempted to fulfill them. Vanith was patient with my daughter. Hiring Vanith is an efficient use of time, as he can organize getting you to the places you want to get to, without you having to spend precious time figuring out how to do it. Very reasonably priced as well.

Visited March 2014