“Vanith - A perfect tour guide and also as a friend.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #134 of 527 Activities in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Do you wish to visit Cambodia and in particular, the spectacular temples of Siem Reap, while discovering the local ways of life and venture into unique sights, avoiding the typical tourist traps? If this is the case, I am your guide. My name is Vanith Hoeum and it is here in Siem Reap where I was proudly born and have spent many years to provide exciting and amazing tours for independent adventurers In Siem Reap and around Cambodia. I am an Official Tour Guide licensed by the Ministry of tourism. University educated, I am fluent in English.
Kuching
“Vanith - A perfect tour guide and also as a friend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I would say that a perfect trip has to start with a perfect guide. I would like to give Vanith a thumb up rating for being our tour guide. He is very punctual with his timing. He always arrive early to our hotel and greeted us with a smile. Vanith is very knowledgeable about the history of Cambodia and all the temples. You will never get bored with Vanith being your tour guide as he is a humorous guy. Vanith has a very good photographic skill. He knows where is the best angle to take good photo at every site we visited. Thank you Vanith for helping us to capture every memorable moment during our holiday in Siem Reap.

Visited April 2013

Kuching
3 attraction reviews
“Vanith - your professional and perfect guide in Siem Reap.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I'd longed to go to siem reap years ago.. but only know Angkor Wat,and don't know about the story behind it. And for this trip, i was first did not expect too much, i presume that i will just see rocks for the whole trip.

Luckily my friend found Vanith, the perfect tour guide for this trip. He's so professional and knowledgeable that he knows almost everything of Cambodia.. The history of each historical temples that he brought us to.. It's fun and interesting listen to these stories, just sometimes i missed out some part as we were busying taking photos.

Besides a good tour guide, he's a good photographer as well.. always help us to take our group photos, and he knows the perfect angles for a good photo.

He's very patience for waiting us, and will smile whenever he talks. He's even so energetic to bring us up to Kbal Spean. He looks similar with my colleague that make me sometime mistakenly think that my colleague is with us in the trip. haha..

No worries if you have this man as your guide.. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2013
melbourne
6 attraction reviews
“Vanith is your man!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I would like to recommend VANITH as a guide to anyone thinking of visiting Cambodia. He is always on time, has so much patience, no task is to hard for him. Vanith has an excellent sense of humor and never stops smiling. We found him to be very charming and honest person. His knowledge of the local temples is vast and he's more than happy to answer all questions. Not once has he asked us to hurry, always giving us as much time as we wanted. He also recomended some very good restaurants for us to eat in.
I would also like to thank him again for helping us at the local market with our purchases for the Sunrise Orphanage. He helped to nagotiate a very good price on the 25 bags of rice and toiletries we purchased. He also organised the delivery for us. Vanith was very helpful in all aspects of our trip. If you're thinking of visiting Siem Reap, PLEASE, consider VANITH as your guide. I promise you will not be dissapointed with his service. Thank you again Vanith for all your help!! Keep smilling!!

Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Vanith...a fantastic guide with a smile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Vanith made our Siem Reap vacation rock!

He has a unique perspective and is very strategic in his approach to showing you around the sites by not following the same path that everyone else takes which makes it more enjoyable and a little bit less crowded!

His constant smiles and sense of humor shine through as you spend time with Vanith over your holiday. He shares the Cambodian history proudly and sheds insight on the various temple components (the structure & carvings), talks about the more recent history in Cambodia and sheds light on the day to day life of current locals.

Vanith truly made our visit to Cambodia amazing and I enjoyed our visits/climbs over the many temples (Bayon is definitely my fave) and my white runners will remain as one of my Cambodia souvenirs as they're covered with the red temple dust/soil! :) Vanith knows the temples exceptionally well and as we're walking through he'd point out fantastic photo opportunities that you wouldn't be aware of unless you spent the time to explore the temple in detail like he has been able to.

I'd definitely recommend Vanith as a guide to explore the Siem Reap area and thanks Vanith for a memorable holiday!

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Truly a Stand-up Professional Guide and one heck of a guy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I remember being introduced to Vanith Hoeum @ the Journeys Within Boutique Hotel in Siem Reap on 4 Feb. 2013 @ 8:00AM. He presented himself with a friendly and polite smile on his face with an eager look on him to show us beautiful Siem Reap and the Angkor Temple Complex. His knowledge of the history of Angkor, Siem Reap and Cambodia was phenomenal. He literary was our History teacher with a smile, of course, during the 3-days we were with him. I have learned more from him during this trip compared to my Asian History class during high school 40+ years ago. He was very thorough with his descriptions and explanations regarding the history of all the sites he took us. Along with his knowledge and experience as a Tour Guide, he was also a kind, conscientious, friendly, bubbly and hospitable person who is full of energy and eager to please others. He conducted tours in a comfortable and relaxed pace consistent with our level of energy and physical abilities and was never in a hurry. Because of this, we were able to absorb the knowledge he imparted to us regarding the historical sites, local customs and traditions of his beautiful land. He really is a true and consummate professional that is matched only by his good nature, intelligence, friendliness and respect to others. After the 3-days with him, I have considered him a new found friend, which was truly an honor and pleasure for me to do so. Undoubtedly, I will communicate with him regularly and plan to visit him again in the future. THANK YOU, VANITH, MY FRIEND for taking care of us. We hope to see you again in the future!

Visited February 2013