“Encore Encore” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Niche d'Angkor Boutique Hotel

You added La Niche d'Angkor Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
La Niche d'Angkor Boutique Hotel
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Street 27 Wat Bo Road, Salakomroeuk, Siem Reap 00855, Cambodia   |
Ranked #42 of 369 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Paranaque, Philippines
“Encore Encore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My friends decided to have a prenuptial shoot in Siem Reap, Cambodia and were asked where to stay. I recommended this place since I stayed here last August 2012 and the experience I had was really exceptional. So we decided to book this hotel and stayed there for 2 nights. We went there as a group, 8 of us all in all, and we were so delighted for the service the hotel provided.

Many thanks to Phalla for the prompt replies on all of my email inquiries. The front desk people are always smiling. The reception is always warm and you can't help but smile back at them. They are always helpful to your inquiries on where to go and what to do.

On my last review that I do not recommend walking at night when going to Pub Street, I'll take it back. It's definitely safe to walk going back to the hotel. It's still dark and dogs barking but it's safe and secured. When going to Pub Street, it will only take you 10-15 minutes. It's actually near.

The gates are closed at night which is good. It adds up to the security of the place.

My only complaint for now is the Reception area. I don't know if the air conditioning unit in there is busted but the area is so hot. Totally hot. I've noticed the walls are pretty dirty so tidying it up will improve the area better.

Now for the good points...Our rooms (112-114) are located at the far end side of the pool so it's pretty quiet. We had a good sleep. Rooms are spacious. No complaints on that one. Amenities are perfect.

We rented the Van for our day trip and actually it's cheaper when compared to renting the tuktuk. We are 8 in the group by the way. And knowing the tuk-tuk's limited capacity, I guess the van is a good option. TukTuk is $15 whole day while the van is $35. Besides, the van is airconditioned.

If I would be coming back again next year, there's only one hotel for me to stay and this would still be it. No questions asked. =)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Korean first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Was switched here from another hotel that was being remodeled. The staff are exceptionally friendly and nice. They were very helpful with our questions and were able to guide us in many ways. We stayed in a first floor room over looking the pool. They were spacious, clean and mostly quiet. It's in walking distance to restaurants and the markets. The biggest perk in staying here is its lovely pool. A refreshing retreat after a long dusty day at the sights. I recommend this hotel!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and loved it! Originally we were booked at a sister property which ended up under construction so they moved us here.

The rooms are large with extra big bathrooms. Service at the pool is excellent and I could relax there all day. Perfect after a long morning out touring. The pool is smartly done with plants and trees all around to create a calm, quiet and secluded feel.

The staff is wonderful. They helped us with a guide ($25 for the day) and a tuk tuk driver ($15 for the day and sooooo nice). Prices were fair and we paid the hotel directly. Our guide Mr. Pov was kind, knowledgable and gave us good information. We had a guide for the first day and then just the driver the second day. This worked out well but missed Mr. Pov the second day.

Breakfast is a combination of buffet and plates you can order individually. Plenty of good food to get the day started.

This hotel is on a quiet side street. About 10 minutes to town walking. We walked at night without problems, but they can also get you a tuk tuk.

• Stayed July 2013
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I switched from a different hotel in Siem Reap and was so happy with La Niche. The service is what makes this place stand out. I checked in and they were so welcoming and gave me a map and overview of the city with a list of tours and prices. The check in area is a bit dusty, but don't worry, the rooms are clean and bug free (which was not the case at the other hotel). I booked for one night to see how it would go and ended up booking for two more nights. The room was very spacious. I stayed on the first and second floors, due to two reservations. The first floor is nice to be close to the pool and the water pressure was better there for whatever reason. They give you a choice of eggs etc at breakfast, which was nice. The pool was great to relax at, could easily spend a day there. I got a massage at the hotel, it was more of a rub than massage, so I would recommend getting one in town. You can walk to pub street/markets etc, though it is a quiet darker street so I chose to mainly use a tuk tuk, especially at night. Overall, a great value and highly recommend!!

• Stayed July 2013
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Me and my friends stayed at La Niche for 4 days and I have to say that the staff here is the most pleasant people that I've encountered with all my travels abroad. Although they are all accommodating, Rhanut and Bun are the staff names that I remembered, so ask for them when you stay there.

Phalla, the hotel owner made our stay in Cambodia memorable. I was in contact with him via email and he was very patient in answering all my inquiries. He made our itinerary and made all the arrangements for us. I’ve to say that the amount he quoted us was to the penny. There wasn’t any service charge or any other expenses aside from what he quoted me.

Our Tour guide, Rah, is the best. He is very knowledgeable and speaks very well English. Since I was travelling with a big group, he was very patient in answering our questions about the history of each temple. He was our “personal photographer” as well. Please ask for him when you visit Cambodia.

As for the hotel amenities, the room is very spacious and has its own veranda. The toilet has a bath tub and separate shower area. The rooms are clean and are always made up every day, even if you do not request for it. They always have fresh linens and towels. Toiletries and drinks at the bar are also replenished every day. The pool is so calming and is a great retreat to cool off after trips to the temple.

They have a variety of food for breakfast and menu prices are very reasonable. The hotel is just 10 mins away from Market Street and Pub Street.

If you need more information about our stay and if you’d like some tips on how to go around the province of Siem Rep, you may email me at jaletaguilar@yahoo.com.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at La Niche for 4 days. The service is excellent. The staff are very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The food is very good. The rooms are really clean and spacious. They have a beautiful pool too. By far, this is one of the best hotels that we've stayed in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We spent 12 nights at La Niche and wish we could of stayed forever .. it was by far the best hotel we stayed at over the nine weeks we had been travelling throughout Asia. The smiling and helpful staff, the variety of breakfast food which was all very tasty, the manager and owners who worked constantly to ensure the highest standard of housekeeping and the running of the hotel. We prefer smaller boutique accommodation and this fitted our requirements perfectly. The clean sparkling pool was a inviting welcome after a day exploring the temples in the heat of Siem Reap, lying in that pool looking at the colourful surrounding gardens was just heaven. We will be back and would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you La Niche d'Angkor

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Niche d'Angkor Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!