“Wonderful people make it great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tranquillity Angkor Villa

You added Tranquillity Angkor Villa to your Saves list
Tranquillity Angkor Villa
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Wat Bo Road, Wat Bo Area | Central Siem Reap, Siem Reap 855, Cambodia   |
Ranked #153 of 383 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
“Wonderful people make it great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We loved our stay here, it was very relaxing and all in the Khmer style, we didnt go to the pool at the neighbouring hotel but were happy sitting on the balcony enjoying the breeze, great value place in this price range and the service was truly exceptional with their own tuk tuk drivers, the room was beautifully decorated in the traditional style, maybe could have done with another pillow but had we asked I'm sure it could have been done. Loved the personal service the best.

• Stayed November 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I agree to all previous reviews - the hotel staff were all friendly and willing to help. I was also amazed that they speak english and french. They always look after their guests and everyone was easy to talk to. The rooms are nice and very "Khmer" which adds value to my experience while i was in Siem reap.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, PH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Traveling to Cambodia was daunting for me and my 2 friends because it was our first visit. We traveled from Bangkok, crossed the border from Aranyaprathet to Poipet, and then traveled for 2 hours to Siem Reap. By the time we reached the hostel, we have been traveling for more than 8 hours. We were extremely tired.

Kong was standing outside the gate of the hostel when our tuk tuk pulled up. He greeted us with a huge smile. We stepped inside the hostel gates and were immediately greeted by 2 other guys with the same huge smiles, warm towels, and welcome drinks. The interior looked like a spa. We forgot we were tired. Everything – the smiles, the towels, the drinks, and the warm and cozy glow of the hostel – was very comforting.

The staff made us feel like home almost immediately. They were super friendly, polite, patient, and very helpful. They offered tour suggestions, asked about our travel, and gave us advice on traveling in Cambodia. Whenever you call their attention, they greet you with a smile and a friendly “How can I help you?” They were also chatty and that made us feel like were all friends. They were all extremely very nice.

We booked a triple room. It was decorated in charming traditional Cambodian fashion. The room was clean and big enough for 3 girls with a lot of luggage. The beds were big, comfortable and clean, and looked like it came straight out of a fairytale, with drapes hanging overhead. The towels were fluffy and warm. The bathroom matched the room. The cost was US$21 per night for 3 people, and included a simple breakfast of toast, butter, jam, and fruits, hot and cold private shower and free wifi. They cleaned the rooms, dried the bathroom floor and replaced the towels everyday. They also had a patio on the ground floor and an upstairs terrace that served as the restaurant. The food was a pricey compared to restaurants outside but very good.

Everything had a “spa feel.”

What won us over though was the staff. Kong immediately answered our reservation email and as soon as we crossed the border had been very helpful. He recommended a good tuk tuk tour. The other guy (shame on me, I forgot to ask his name) was also very polite and kind. Since our tour the next day would start at 430a and breakfast is served from 7am onwards, he offered to pack our breakfast for us to take to Angkor Wat. He even checked the prices and departure times of the buses going to Ho Chi Minh when we said we’re going to Vietnam next. Every time we came back from a tour or from the market, they will ask us about our trip and if we enjoyed the day and they’re always ready with warm towels. The driver, Lam, was also nice. He woke up early to pick us up for our tour and took us to all the temples. He made sure we were safe and comfortable, often handing us water bottles and wet tissues. After the tour, I told Kong that I want to go to the market after lunch and he said Lam will wait for me to finish whatever I need to finish. He did wait and drove me to the market. He asked me what time I’ll finish shopping and I said around 330pm. At exactly 330pm, he arrived to pick me up. I cannot stress their kindness enough. They treated us like princesses.

The facilities, the people, and the service are impeccable! Our entire stay was stress and hassle free. I will definitely stay there again and tell all my friends. I totally loved this place.

♥♥♥

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Tranquility offered a well furnished and exceedingly nice looking rooms for the very budget price of staying, only 10 dollars a night, and the staff was exceedingly gracious as well. They were always willing to help us with ideas or call tuk tuks to pick us up in the rain. However, like most places in Siem Reap, losing power should be expected at least a few times a day which can make the rooms sweltering hot almost immediately. The location wasn't ideal but it wasn't bad either, just needed to get a tuk tuk every time you went to the downtown area (Night Market, Pub Street).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were warmly greeted when we arrived by one of the brothers, got some refreshing towels and welcome drink. Both brothers (owners?) are very nice and helpful. We stayed couple nights and every day got a housekeeping service which was very nice according to low price of our room. Also they arranged bus tickets for us so we didn't have to struggle finding travel agency. We had to leave very early in the morning, despite this we got a breakfast to go...that was very nice...
Overall experience was excellent for the value...

The location of the guesthouse is in a quiet part of city, but 10 min walk from old market...
Also they have a gate which they keep close all the time so looks like a safe place to be...

Room Tip: just 6 rooms - 3 of them on a first floor - brighter with better view to the street...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Although I did not stay in the rooms here, I was here frequently to eat, drink and relax as my guesthouse was next door. I was volunteering in Siem Reap for a month so I spent a lot of time there. The brothers who run it are fluent in several languages and one is a certified tour guide who can help you with any questions about the city. I ordered their set menu often (which is extremely well priced for how much food they give you) and they were very accommodating to the fact I don't eat meat. Their upstairs patio is lovely and a nice place to sit and have a drink and do some reading.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Tranquillity Angkor Villa? Share your experiences!