“The Adventure experience of a lifetime” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 441 activities in Siem Reap
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Cambodia Cycling takes tourists to see REAL Cambodia and Indochina region including Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. 70 to 80% of our cycling routes are off road and back roads to enjoy the countryside, the villages, the people to experience their cultures and their wonderful smile children.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
9 attraction reviews
“The Adventure experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

This dirt bike tour in Cambodia is by far the most difficult endeavor I've ever pursued. The roads can be treacherous! The difficulty can be extreme, but the beauty of the country side and villages far outweigh any of the potential dangers. From the busy Ang Kor Wat site, to remote temples where you feel like Lara Craft or Indiana Jones running around long forgotten ruins; between the chaotic streets of Phnom Penh and the small provinces where the local people are warm and welcoming; to the beautiful sunsets along the Mekong river resting beside bustling villages and thriving fishing towns; or to the travesties visited and uncovered by the genocide committed by the Khmer Rouge; Dirt biking in Cambodia will expand your ideas on what you thought was possible from a culture so rich in history, yet it’s people are humble enough to make the country accessible to their guests visiting from far and distant shores.

I found Cambodia Cycling online after getting in contact with several other companies. I decided to go with Cambodia Cycling from four other companies since Hun Socheat was helpful and responsive in his emails and had the most in depth itinerary for the longest tour possible of 13 days. Also, his price was the best and in no way did I feel this dampened the riding experience. Though he regularly operates cycling tours throughout South East Asia, I managed to grab him during the low season...near the end of monsoon rains (makes for challenging and fun dirtbiking conditions).

Hun offers something that you won't find anywhere else....knowledge of the best dirt roads! With all of the fun that comes from riding off-road, you still need a good navigator to get you off the pavement. With his personal knowledge and experience of road conditions, you manage to spend most of your time having the ride of your life. I enjoyed our rides and conversations. I also preferred the flexibility he had to offer on a daily basis, yet he demanded just enough from you to stay on schedule. His English is fantastic! Once you catch the subtle sense of humor, you'll find a truly honest and decent human being.

After 3 months of traveling, visiting 8 different countries, I had the best time of my trip; heck, the best time of my life, during this 2 week dirt bike tour in Cambodia. Though I risked life and limb for this journey, all I can say is that the risk has been absolutely worth it! In fact, I loved the tour so much, I’m already planning on coming back with a few friends for a similar tour within the 18 months! I feel lucky and fortunate to have found Hun Socheat and Cambodia Cycling as they offered a safe and flexible tour that covered a wide range of terrains, remote temples, and a sharing of knowledge through guided tours that I will never forget. In the end, expect to come out of the country with people who you’ll be glad to call your friends!

Visited August 2011