“Great tour guide / photographer” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #156 of 482 Tours & Activities in Siem Reap
Singapore, Singapore
“Great tour guide / photographer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Mr. Sowanna was very friendly, always on time and reliable guide.
I usually am not very good at taking pictures of the places we visit. Thanks to him, I have total 300 pictures of myself at the temples after 2 day tour. He always had plenty of icy cold water and towels for us and his driver was very nice too.
What my husband and I loved the most about him was that he never took us to places packed with other tourists and buses. He knew the best time to avoid crowds, where to avoid big tourist buses so we could feel more private and privileged. Thank you Mr. Sowanna!

Visited May 2012

Irvine
“Sowanna Yun is absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Sowanna Yun is absolutely the best tour guide a family could hope to book. After using other tour guides in other parts of the world, we were amazed by Sowanna's knowledge, awareness and caring. We were traveling with our young girls and expected challenges with the climate, but Sowanna was prepared with cold towels and water at every stop. Sowanna's love for his country comes through in his enthusiasm which is contagious. He will show all parts of the country and cuts no corners. Amazing guide!

Visited April 2012
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Sowanna Yun is the guide to find if you are going to cambodia!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Was there with my photography mates for a photography trip last feb and we engaged Mr Sowanna Yun as our guide as he was highly recommended by a fellow satisfied photographer. We booked him for our second, third and fourth day in our stay there and out of good will he fetched and brought us to the airport on the first and fifth day respectively. For that, I'm more than certain of his excellent customer service standards.
Mr Sowanna Yun has great knowledge of the history of cambodia and hes planned out itinerary in such a way where we would visit the different sites of the temples where there is the least tourist at the time so we could get better pictures without obstacles.
Best of all is there is always a fresh cold towel & water waiting for us whenever we got back to his car after hours of walk!!! That really freshen us up & made us more than eager to travel to the next destination.
During our 3 day with him, he brought us to the most beautiful temples at the right timing. We also had a bit of local experience on our third as he brought us to visit the local markets to see how a cambodian lives.
He has given me and my mates a really unforgettable 5 days in our life and i strongly will recommend him to anyone who is travelling there, be it for photography or for leisure.

Allen

Visited February 2012
San Diego, California
“Sowanna Yun, Great Guide for Cambodia and Angkor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Recently our group of four traveled to Cambodia where we were met by Sowanna Yun, who guided us through Phnom Penh and the Angkor Wat area for a stay of about one week. The trip was very memorable, largely because of the work done by Sowanna, who proved to be an outstanding and very knowledgeable guide. He met us at the Phnom Penh airport on our arrival as arranged, even though we had been delayed in our arrival at least one hour due to long lines for visas after the flight. The next day and the following morning were spent touring the capital, during which we visited all of the major sights and took a very nice boat trip along the Mekong River at sunset. Then our guide drove us north to Siem Reap, stopping along the way to see a very interesting roadside market in the Skun area and several other sights.
We then spent several days in Siem Reap, each day making a full day visit to various Angkor temple ruins and surrounding sites. On our last day, Sowanna had made all the arrangements for us all to visit the bird sanctuary on Tonle Sap Lake, and afterward to enjoy a wonderful lunch of fresh lake fish at a small family-run restaurant in the nearby water village of Tonle Sap. That day proved to be one of the very most memorable days of all for us, seeing the roosting storks by the hundreds crowded in the trees of the flooded forest, and the colorful village full of activity (there was even a beautiful wedding procession by boat that passed by our waterfront restaurant as we ate our tasty meal)!
Throughout the trip Sowanna Yun anticipated our needs and provided for them, while making sure we saw the best parts of all the temples, and telling us the important information (and also many stories from the Ramayana and Mahabarata and other historical references) relating to the temples and temple carvings. He was on time each morning with the air-conditioned car cleaned and prepared, stocked with plenty of cold bottled water for our needs during the day.
At the end of our stay he drove us to the Siem Reap airport on time for our return flight, and there we somewhat reluctantly said goodbye to him, marking the end of a very interesting and successful Cambodian visit for the four of us.
I still think of our trip almost every day, and it will always be remembered as one of our most memorable and interesting ones ever - Sowanna Yun‘s skills in making our trip successful and enjoyable deserve much of the credit for this. I would highly recommend Sowanna Yun as an excellent guide to seek out for a unique and special Cambodian adventure to remember!

Robert Phelps
San Diego, California, US
February 12, 2012

Visited January 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
“My best vacation ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

When I was talking to my colleagues in Deloitte in November 2011 about my plan to visit Cambodia they said: “You kidding us or you leaving your wife and daughter home?” I said “no it will be a family vacation - sightseeing for me, shopping for my wife and animals for the kid”. They were very skeptical at that time. But I had not been and it paid off….:-) We bought our package tour from one German travel agency, received air tickets, accommodation vouchers and visit card including name Sowanna Yun and his phone number and email address. Travel assistant asked me to send him an email with details of my trip. I did so. I was quite surprised that the answer came back very quickly ( in Cambodia was late night) but I was very surprised that the itinerary was absolutely aligned with our need of the family vacation – Angkor Wat for me, shopping at night market and elephant ride for my daughter. It was sounding very good but reality was much better than we expected.I do not want to write here long sentences about reliability, professionalism and perfect time management of Sowanna’s services as all tourists expect this to be perfect. But I would like to emphasize other dimension that nobody takes as granted – sensitive approach to client needs, social intelligence and hospitality.First of all he has won our daughter’s heart quickly even they could not understand each other. His gentle behavior has enchanted my wife and I have recognized him for hard working and fairness. It has been my best vacation ever and all my family missing Sowanna. Very good reason for getting back….

Visited December 2011