“Angkor Wat and Yem Kosai” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #183 of 522 Activities in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Singapore, Singapore
“Angkor Wat and Yem Kosai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We spent three days (four persons) touring Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples. Nicky was our guide over the three days, his knowledge of the temples and their splendid history was tremendous. He is a fluent English speaker and I can genuinely advise that without Nicky we would have left Siem Reap in wonder but without fully understanding the glorious history of these memorable temples. My father (in his eighties) was in the party, Nicky was caring and aware of his age and was careful to ensure that we were not overstretched during the tours.

The temples are without doubt a true wonder to behold, but I can say that without Nicky our numerous tours would not have been the same. I have no hesitation in highly recommending this knowledgeable and caring man. He made our visit even more special and we left Siem Reap far more aware of the history of these exceptional temples than we would have without his care and attention.

Visited April 2013

3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Siem Reap and Angkor Wat tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I had Nicky as a tour guide during my visit to Cambodia from Washington, DC. I was referred to him from a friend in DC who recently visited Angkor. I would highly recommend him as a tour guide for the Siem Reap/Angkor War area.

We missed our connecting flight from Bangkok and he was extremely responsive over email in coordinating our new airport pick-up time. He has excellent English skills which made it very easy for us to communicate with him. He's taken us to the Angkor sites as well as Beng Melea. Also he has given outstanding restaurant recommendations and tips for exploring Siem Reap. He grew up in rural Cambodia and has lived in Siem Reap for over 10 years serving as your guide while attending university and graduate school. He's personable, caring, well educated on the sites, and overall an outstanding tour guide.

Visited July 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
“Friendly, helpful and knowledgable for a solo traveler!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was in Cambodia on a whim, so I had nothing planned. Nicky was recommended by a friend. He knew where all the interesting views of the temples were, he knew a lot about them, and he helped me find interesting things to do around town, too. When he returned me to my hotel, he made sure I knew how to get there from my hotel, which is intimidating in a foreign city. You can tell he's locally well-known.

Visited June 2013
Beijing, China
“best tourguide plus a friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Some of our friends came here in the past 2 years, they are all highly recommend Nicky as the guide. He is more than a guide in somehow. We follow a 3 days package, visited all the sights we wanted to see. His English is very well, he can explain the details and interesting story behind the temples. Besides that, the hotel he remommend as very good. The hotel maybe not the best ones, but it definitely the most comfortable one. 2 swimming pools and nice service people.All the restaurants he brought us to go are very very good and not expensive.

So, Nicky will be the frist choice if you are looking for a wonderful tourguide.

Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
8 attraction reviews
“A GEM OF A PERSON, A GREAT GUIDE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Kosal is a fantastic guide and certainly the right choice if you are visiting Siem Reap. He has excellent English and is very knowledgeable. When my husband and I arrived in Siem Reap he picked us up from the bus station and arranged for us to watch an Apsara show. He is very connected and got us great seats. The next morning he was very punctual (even though we were scrambling) but waited patiently. He took us to an amazing floating village and Beng Melea. He had chilled water in the car whenever we were hot and even treated us to coconut water a few times. Finally, even though he wasnt' initially scheduled to personally take us around to Angkor Wat our 3rd day, he rearranged his schedule to give us a personal tour. Finally, he arranged for us to end our trip with showers and massages, and after lunch he took us to the airport. He is extremely gracious, professional, responsible, and kind. He also has an an amazing personal journey should you be so lucky to learn more about him. He is a trailblazer in the truest sense, and if you want a reliable, genuine, and kind guide-- search no further!

Visited December 2012