“Under construction a must in siem reap” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Under Construction Bar & Restaurant

Under Construction Bar & Restaurant
Wat Bo Rd, Siem Reap 855, Cambodia (Formerly Madam Beergarden )
+855 89 479 593
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #127 of 508 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: CLOSED!!!!!!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Under construction a must in siem reap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

An alternative place just outside the craziness of pub street. Great place for food and drinks, sat with other travellers at the bar or in the large garden area. It was a great recommendation to me

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UNDERCONSTRUCTION_SR, General Manager at Under Construction Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hi Emily! We're really pleased you were recommended to us. It was fascinating chatting to you at the bar, and we're really happy you enjoyed your time away from the hubbub of Pub Street! We're love to welcome you back again in the future if you're travelling through.

Singapore
“Excellent hospitality, good food at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We love the hospitality of Ace & Vix (managers), the atmosphere (relax, chill, environmental friendly with recycled bath tub as chairs), the food, and the cats.

Their noodle soup is pretty good (though beef is a bit overcook/hard) and cheap (only 2 bucks). Morning glory salad is great. We dropped by between 6-8pm on Friday and got free chilled Cambodia draft, which was a very nice surprise.

Compared to some restaurants we tried like Viroth's, Square 24, The Sun @ Pub St, this is our daily favourite.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi there! Thanks so much for your smashing review, it really does mean a lot to us. Thanks again for pointing out the challenge with the beef (we can only improve if we receive constructive feedback!), and I'm happy to say this has now been resolved with the new menu relaunch, and the beef-noodle soup has actually become a very popular dish on the menu (so a big thank you for your feedback here!). Thanks again for your custom, and we look forward to hopefully meeting you again in the future!
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Fantastic food, fantastic vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I LOVE Under Construction. I came here one night during my visit and then returned every night thereafter until I left. The restaurant/bar is so well done, the food is delicious and Adrian and Victoria, who are running the restaurant are wonderful. It was so easy to just sit and hang out there every night. It is a great place to meet local expats and learn more about how amazing Siem Reap is. I cannot wait to come back and enjoy one of their specialty cocktails and snacks again!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Diana! Thanks for your generous review! It was such a pleasure to get to know you at the bar, and we're really pleased you enjoyed the specialty snacks and cocktails! Looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon so you can try our new concoctions! :-)
London, United Kingdom
“Funky design and fun place to have some drinks.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I really enjoyed this place and kept going back. The design is different to all the other places in the area with the name "Under Construction" being the theme and not its development stage. Toilet fountain, bathtub sofa and other such randomness. Also they do a loyalty card which is buy nine get one free which doesn't sound like much but when I reached that free pint it certainly made me happy. They do food there too but felt like more of a drinking environment to me. European owners were very friendly, had a great conversation with them one evening. When I go back to Siem Reap I will be going here again!

Hi Sam! Thanks for such a friendly review. We're really pleased you enjoyed the "Under Construction" concept (the toilet fountain is certainly a customer favourite!), and I'm glad you liked our loyalty card approach. It's not quite winning the Loto, but it does help ;-) Looking forward to welcoming you back again! All the very best!
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
“My favorite place in Siem Reap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

No joke. I spent close to 5 months living in Siem Reap, and was probably at Under Construction a minimum of 3 times a week if not more. The owners, Jacob and Carsten, are awesome, and the current managers, Ace and Vix, are an absolute delight. The food is amazing (best Pad Thai in Siem Reap!) the drinks are generously poured, and the atmosphere is funny and lively. PLUS!! Now with less mosquitos!! Ace and Vix have put a lot of effort into keeping them at bay, and they've done a marvelous job. I miss this place tons.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lady D, thanks for your awesome and honest review. I HATE mosquitoes almost as much as the love me, so thank you for noticing - it did take some work, but at least they seem to have learned their lesson here about not coming back! You are sorely missed: from your smiley face at the bar, to your love for one of now ex-kittens (!)... we'll definitely have to make plans to hook up sometime in 2014! (PS: the cocktail named after you is selling really well!) Ace and Vix x