“Great location, great staff, great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Le Tigre Hotel to your Saves list
Le Tigre Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Steung Tmay Villa, Siem Reap 63, Cambodia   |
Ranked #91 of 364 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
“Great location, great staff, great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights at Le Tigre. Super friendly staff and excellent facilities. Beautiful pool in garden setting and great rooms. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
LeTigreHotel, Owner at Le Tigre Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you for the kind words and we’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you’ll be back again very soon.

Guillaume

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Reviewed April 2012

As a family we stayed here three nights, yes on dirt road, but an oasis after hot day with beautiful salt water swimming pool. Easy walk to pub st, old market, night market. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Garden Bar area and small menu. Rooms are excellent.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
LeTigreHotel, Owner at Le Tigre Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Le Tigre Hotel.I can’t wait to welcome you and your family back in the very near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

We stay 4 nights in that lovely hotel very close (500m) from the old French quarter. The place is beautiful and comfy, with great swimming pool and outside jacuzzi. The owner and his wife made us feel at home, with good cambodian or western cooking and cocktails! The garden full of plants and trees make you forget your in the city center of a big town.

• Stayed July 2012
LeTigreHotel, Owner at Le Tigre Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review and It was such a pleasure to have you as our guest.
We hope that you will be back to see us again soon.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I spent two nights in this hotel and was impressed by how accommodating the staff was. They started off on a high note when my bus arrived in Siem Reap 2 hours later than I'd informed them, & my free tuk-tuk was still there waiting (very reassuring for a solo traveler). The rooms where nice and clean with free wifi and air-con. Staff was so friendly, offering a free welcome drink upon arrival and a brightly colored kroma upon departure!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
DARYSANYA L, Owner at Le Tigre Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for your great review about our hotel.
We always try to make sure that all our guests fell our hospitality since the arrival to departure.
Have a nice day.and hope see you again.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I went to Siem Riep in the middle of June for a long week end from Shanghai, I just needed a few days out of a jungle city and out of China... Apart for being clean, tidy and very nice, it is cheap and it has a pool surrounded by tropical plants and scented flowers. It is definetely a place filled with joy and positivity. I had this feeling talking to all the people part of the staff. Food is good too and the tuctuc guy working with them, Mao, is a great guide. Angkor Temples are very closed by and you can reach them easily by tuctuc, La Tigre Hotel can arrange you the excursions and even nice massages in their Spa. For a woman travelling alone and for anyone else this is a very nice place to relax and enjoy life!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
DARYSANYA L, Owner at Le Tigre Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Hello Erica Fusaro,

Thank you for choosing Le Tigre Hotel for your recent stay in Siem Reap.
and thank you for the Color Magazine that you send, it's awesome.
We put the magazine in the hotel's lobby and now our lobby become more colorful :)

Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Le Tigre Hotel the next time you're in Siem Reap.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

back in January 2012, I was working in VN + had a few days for holiday + wanted to leave the hustle + bustle of Saigon (HCMC) so I booked myself a last min trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia...

I had never been to here before so I searched + searched... found nothing...

then a friend told me she once stayed at this beautiful + elegant guest house 2 years ago + that it was nicely located near the night markets; the staff was super friendly + ambiance of the guest house was serene.

So I proceeded to book my reservation only to find out that they did not have any single rooms for me nor did they have rooms for the 4 full nights of my stay; heart broken, I started searching other hotels + guest houses for availability. Within a short time later, the owner of the hotel contacted me + told me; we can book you a room for the first night (at the single rate) for a double room + see if any guest cancel each day or we'll be happy to help you find a near by option.

Pleased with the response + service the owner was providing, i took it... upon arrival to the guest house, it's like you're walking through a small jungle with a lagoon + a tiki shack bar + at the end of the (short) path, there was this fairly remodeled looking French style guest home that I assumed use to be someone's mansion.

I checked in; dropped my bags off in the room that was definitely too large for me but perfect for a traveling couple. The bed (a little to stiff for my taste) + sheets were clean, the bathroom was beyond my exception because with the age of the house, I was expecting something far less than modern. There's nothing fancy about this place, it's just the right amount of modern + simplicity that gives it character.

Despite the size from the outside; this house was three stories tall + I think i counted 15-18 rooms (mostly doubles) + on the second floor, there was this nice hot tub/jacuzzi on the patio + a small reading/lounge area with couches to the right of it... this was way more than comfortable living, this first world comforts in a third world setting.

Down stairs was the small but practical pool for cooling off from the days adventures from the temples. Just 3 meters away was their tiki shack bar/outdoor seating communal eating area. If you've been here + eaten here; you'll understand what i'm about to say but if you haven't + you do come here, hopefully you'll agree.

The food they serve at this simple + quaint guest house was really exceptional given the limited cooking space + equipment they used. I recall seeing something resembling a George Foreman grill that they skewered kabobs for me to snack on + they were delish. Every morning, I would have my breakfast there; ramen one day; eggs + toast + some protein (my favorite option) another day + beef noodle soup (similar to pho) another day... everything that I ordered was a success in my opinion.

If you're looking for a quite place to enjoy Siem Reap + want to be close to the night market (10 min. walk or 2 min tuk tuk ride), I'd recommend this guest house. I would say this is not an ideal place for a group of young (rambunctious) travelers. I'd say a majority of the guest coming + going are of the middle to higher age group + so it's very peaceful + quite here.

I'm only 32 myself but I prefer this type of atmosphere over the places that have an actual late night bar/lounge on their premises. Needless to say, I was able to stay at this house for my entire trip (4 nights) for the rate he promised me; i'm so glad I never had to leave there :)

If you take anything from this review; take this... the staff... (sometimes short handed) but make up for it with their genuine warm hospitality. I've traveled quite a lot through the world; SE asia included + i would stay here time + time again as long as they had room for me + it's family owned so you feel that when you enter the house.

Room Tip: book early or suffer the wrath of another hotel :)