“The perfect storm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre
Tnal Trung, Bakong, Siem Reap 17715, Cambodia   |
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The perfect storm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a Hariharalaya for a few days. I'd made the decision to go up there after a friend had told me about it.

Hariharalaya yoga retreat is a unique and very rewarding experience.

You meet like-minded people who are keen to befriend you and help you along your own spiritual journey. And by the same merit everyone has something new to offer. The staff are super friendly. They go out their way to help you fulfill your potential at the retreat. There is a real sense of community at the retreat.

The different classes are fun and also enlightening.

The food is incredibly nutritious. And it tastes amazing. Eating vegan really helped me cleanse my body.

The location is perfect and out the way of the city life. It is located near Bakong temple and is the tranquil country side.

Hariharalaya has something to offer everyone. I cannot put into words how it has changed me. I knew nothing about meditation before the retreat and now I meditate everyday.

Hariharalaya is a real diamond and I'm a better person thanks to it.

• Stayed October 2013

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

From the incredibly tasty food to the inspiring outside showers, this place has everything you need to take a good look inside yourself and discover wonders about you and even life itself. The staff are beyond words, will definitely make you feel like home and for sure you'll meet amazing people that will make your stay unforgeable. Thanks everyone for the last couple of weeks and really looking forward to come back at some point.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I lived in Siem Reap for over two years and went to stay at hariharalaya several times when I needed a break. After just a few days with these awesome people, I would return to SR refreshed and focused. I honestly don't know what I would have done without hariharalaya. My time there was fantastic, the food, the craic and the workshops were 100% ... Iv been home in Ireland since April and even now I still maintain the yoga and meditation practices that I was taught there. Joel is a gem, the morning chanting is by ar my favorite part of the day. I hope to return someday!

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My stay at Hariharalaya was amazing.
The intention for me was to do yoga and meditation for my 2 week stay.Thank you Kobe for your inspiring classes I had with you.Loved the vegan meals all very tasty.The retreat is for anyone who is looking for relaxation and exploring their path.

• Stayed August 2013
Haarlem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

After spending 6 days in this truly life changing retreat centre together with my girlfriend we learned so much about ourselves, yoga & meditation, vedic philosophy, nature, good food and life that we left totally relaxed and at peace with ourselves. After a few days back home I decided to dive in deeper and learn more on all the different subjects, the teachers, the other guests and myself. I signed up for a 6 months work & study program which my girlfriend totally supports. I can't wait to be back and dive in to the Hariharalaya Life. Thank you for crossing my path.

Room Tip: Just let Sean, the manager, know your wishes and he will make it easy for you to choose the best roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I registered for the two week student program and had such a wonderful time at Hariharalaya.

The healthy and delicious food, multiple yoga sessions per day, blind shiatsu massage, conversation around the dinner table, Sean's magic shows, movie nights...I could go on and on!

All the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. My yoga mentor (Kobi) really paid attention to which poses were challenging for me and which I should push myself a bit further in. By the end of the two weeks he was able to design a personal routine detailed for my body to do each day--amazing!

Be sure to bring mosquito spray and be diligent about application. Dengue fever is an epidemic in all of Southeast Asia at the moment and as HH is located in a rural village setting, the risk is a bit higher. HH is trying to protect their guests with twice a week fumigation for mosquitos (which carry Dengue). Sadly this didn't prevent my boyfriend from catching it, though we both agreed HH was the best place he could have gotten it as the staff were constantly looking after him (giving us medication, making sure he had enough to eat and was comfortable, etc.).

I would highly recommend this place to anyone interested in yoga, meditation, and learning more about themselves.

• Stayed July 2013
Hariharalaya, Manager at Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and thoughtful comments!

We are happy to add a reassuring update -
Since hiring a professional pest control team, we have been almost completely mosquito free! Despite it being rainy season in a tropical village, everyone has been happy and healthy.
You are all welcome to join our conscious and creative spiritual family!

Best of luck in Japan Sesha and Toni!!!
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've just returned home after an 11 month trip around the world, of which, my 2 week stay at Hariharalaya was an absolute highlight!After a glowing review from a fellow traveller, I had to check this place out! The people/guests/family were so welcoming, accepting and warm, the vegan food was ridiculously tasty and nutritious (I genuinely didn't miss meat once!) and the combination of yoga, meditation and workshops lead to an enormous sense of well-being and self love. One workshop I signed up for which was particularly awesome was by Sean Borland. Sean is Hariharalaya's resident, professional and very talented magician and in his workshop he explains how the illusion of magic is created by the body language of the magician and his ability to focus the audience's attention in such a way so as to not reveal the 'secret' of the trick. I found Sean's workshop really engaging and relevant to everyone I am so much more aware of my own body language now and how important it is in giving the right impression. I will find this invaluable in my job as a teacher and generally in all social situations. A wonderful experience all round!Thank you all at Hariharalaya! xx

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre? Share your experiences!