“Heaven on Earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre
You added Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre to your Saves list
Tnal Trung, Bakong, Siem Reap 17715, Cambodia   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I spent one week at Hariharalaya in May/June 2012. I had been searching for a yoga/detox retreat in Asia for quite a while but was finding they were all rather expensive and quite full on.
It was only once that I arrived in Cambodia that I stumbled across the Hariharalaya website and I am so glad I did.
The energy and calmess of Hari was immediate from the moment I arrived. It provided everything I was looking for. The team at Hari are amazing.. Joel is one of a kind, so knowledgeable and giving of that knowledge and he radiates a sense of peace that is amazing to be around.
I took part in a 3 day coconut and palm juice fast which I was a little apprehensive about to begin with..... (If I can do it anyone can)...... I did it, loved it and felt amazing after it. Although I not long ago completed this detox I am looking at doing another one soon as I felt so good after doing it. The food at Hari was to die for (I can't wait for the cookbook to come out).
I have only positive comments and memories about my experieces as this truely unique and magical place.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at Hariharalaya for 10 days in March. I can, and do recommend this retreat. I practise yoga on and off, and found the level of yoga a good match.
The Yoga and meditation sessions proved to be truely excellent, and well organised. Hariharalaya also offers assistance with plenty of other activities, they however require a bit of own initiative.

Food is vegan, and good, although I occasionally would have liked to purchase some additional snacks. The private rooms are authentic and full of character but not soundproof.

Cambodia in general is fantastic country, and the country side out side of Siem Reap is truely magical.

The best thing about the resort is the pretty amazing free spirited people, from all over the world. The guests literally come from all walks of live. I would like to thank the staff, volunteers and fellow guests for an amazing experience, and a lot of fun.

Room Tip: All the rooms are more than decent, however if possible opt for a corner room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Really enjoyed my time volunteering on horticulture projects here. Was a little wary that it might be over the top New Age-y but the vibe is really relaxed and participation in yoga, meditation, energy healings, or blind massage is all voluntary.

Watch my video of my time there at http://vimeo.com/45888204 and at my blog at www.90secondtravel.com

Phnom Penh, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Living in Phnom Penh, my favourite thing out there in the countryside was the fresh air... who knew air could be so nice (and unpolluted)... and bike rides down dirt roads, yoga, meditation, the steam and mud bath... and the friendly staff that make you feel right at home. The rooms were gorgeous, spacious and clean and the main room has enough interesting books to keep you busy for months.
I went for 6 days and felt very chilled. I didn't necessarily join in every class, but I did the ones I wanted and respected others doing what they wanted. I learnt how to make bracelets and anklets and even learnt some shaolin martial arts. Really what more can one want from life (except for some coffee ;)
Definitely recommend going x

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Hariharalaya because I wanted to do yoga and enjoy the countryside before embarking on a cycling trip through Cambodia. Hari was far better than I even expected, I thought I would have an enjoyable break but in fact, we ended up loving it so much, learning so much and so at peace that when my boyfriend fell ill on our cycling journey, we knew that Joel was the only one he trusted to give him the space and energy to feel better. The love we felt there was incredible, the accommodation was beautiful and from what I have heard, it has only gotten better and better since we left with a booming permaculture village. We miss Joel and will need to return someday, as another review stated, 'I left my heart in Hariharalaya'. Also, for more information on the place the Australian Yoga Journal had a fantastic and fulfilling article on it which I am sure is on the web. Enjoy !!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

I was really looking to practice some yoga and meditation during my six months of travel and I convinced my fiancé to give Hariharalaya a try (he does not do yoga). We both loved the three days we spent there! Such amazing and warm people, enlightening conversation, yoga and meditation daily, and delicious vegan food- what else could you want?! We paid $30 each which we though was reasonable for all meals, two classes a day, and accommodation (basic but lovely). My fiancé has now agreed to try more yoga! Highly reccomend this unique experience and don't forget to try the outdoor mango shower. Thanks for the memories and the best musical jam session I have ever been a part of! OM

• Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Never having done any yoga or meditation before we threw ourselves into a one month retreat at Hariharalaya... and it was one of the best experiences we've had whilst travelling!! As soon as we arrived we found the place very welcoming and people made us feel very comfortable and at home! The yoga teachers were amazing in making the classes suitable for beginners and advanced. Food was delicious and during the day there was always someone to chat with or a quiet place to sit and read one of the many great books from the library. One of the best things about Hariharalaya is its location, which gives you the chance to see the real Cambodia and meet the extremely friendly locals! A welcome break from the tourist oriented Siem Reap but still close enough for a day trip to the city. During our month there we met people from all around the world, we learnt a lot and we laugh a lot... there is nothing more that we can say than highly reccomended!!

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre? Share your experiences!