“Wonderful Guide and Interpreter” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 432 activities in Siem Reap
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Sorm Son and I wish to be your charming Angkor Wat Tour guide. For almost ten years I have been an Official Angor Wat Tour guide and I can help make your stay in Cambodia a fun and wondrous adventure. I am a member of the local Khmer ethnic group and was a Buddhist monk for over eleven years. This background gives me a unique perspective of Cambodian life, which I will be happy to share with you as your Angkor Wat tour guide.My University studies led to a Bachelor in Ed degree in English and I will help with any translation issues that may arise during your stay here in Siem Reap. I am also an expert on the history of the construction of the temples as well as their symbolism. As your Angkor Wat Tour Guide I can help with your special photographs. I will direct you to the best locations and positions. I am also willing to lend a helping hand as necessary.For many, coming to the Angkor Wat area is a lifelong dream and as your Angkor Way Tour Guide I will insure that your dreams are fulfilled during your trip to Wondrous Cambodia.I look forward to meeting you and hope you will let me become your personal Angkor Wat Tour Guide.
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Guide and Interpreter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Mr Sorm Son was our guide and interpreter when we were in Cambodia between 26th Feb and 1st Mar 2013. We were a group of ten travelling from Siem Reap to a village further South and Sorm accompanied us. We were attending a wedding and Sorm was excellent as our interpreter during the time we were with my daughter in law's family, including the wedding itself. Sorm is also a talented tour guide and a is very knowledgeable about Cambodia's history etc. He is highly recommended.

Chicago
5 attraction reviews
“Son knows his stuff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Son is thoughtful and passionate about his country and extremely knowledgeable of its history, politics, culture and arts. Over three days, we covered a wide variety of topics and time periods, and there was no question Son could not answer. He is an encyclopedia of information on Cambodia. Son is very personable, and his English is excellent. Also, he was easy to work with via email to arrange things before our arrival. We frequently hire guides in non-English-speaking countries, and Son is among the best we've had. I highly recommend him.

London, England, United Kingdom
“The perfect guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We spent three days with Sorm, both around Siem Riep and in a village where we went to attend a family wedding. Sorm was the perfect guide for us because of his knowledge and experience of Cambodia. We had many discussions about the history of the country and the geopolitical of the area. He also enabled us to understand better the people of Cambodia and their life by translating discussions and explaining all the traditions and rituals. Sorm is also highly involved in his community and help orphans kids access education. To sum up, Sorm is a great guide and great man, with who, you will enjoy the best of Cambodia and have a really good time!

Manila
8 attraction reviews
“6 Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We went to Siem Reap last Feb 21 and booked Mr. Sorm Son to guide us in Angkor Archaelogical Park. In the blistering heat of Angkor, the steep temple climbs and the plush dust, you will need a tour guide that knows not only the history of angkor but also knows how to bring the history to life. This is where Mr. Sorm Son outshines the other tour guides. His storytelling is an art into itself - entertaining, informative and utterly delightful.

Another plus is that Mr. Sorm Son will also point out the current socio-political situation of the Khmers, the current developments in Angkor as well as small glimpses of his life. When we come back to Siem Reap, we will definitely book him again.

Woodbridge, England, United Kingdom
“Son”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Son is a remarkable guy and during our stay in Siem Reap (and out to the village of Sry Young)
he was with us all the time. His knowledge and help in every respsct was outstanding, always going that little bit further to help.

Don't settle for less !!