“EXCELLENT & Knowledgeable Personal Angkor Guide!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Sorm Son and I wish to be your charming Angkor Wat Tour guide. For almost ten years I have been an Official Angor Wat Tour guide and I can help make your stay in Cambodia a fun and wondrous adventure. I am a member of the local Khmer ethnic group and was a Buddhist monk for over eleven years. This background gives me a unique perspective of Cambodian life, which I will be happy to share with you as your Angkor Wat tour guide.My University studies led to a Bachelor in Ed degree in English and I will help with any translation issues that may arise during your stay here in Siem Reap. I am also an expert on the history of the construction of the temples as well as their symbolism. As your Angkor Wat Tour Guide I can help with your special photographs. I will direct you to the best locations and positions. I am also willing to lend a helping hand as necessary.For many, coming to the Angkor Wat area is a lifelong dream and as your Angkor Way Tour Guide I will insure that your dreams are fulfilled during your trip to Wondrous Cambodia.I look forward to meeting you and hope you will let me become your personal Angkor Wat Tour Guide.
Los Angeles, CA
“EXCELLENT & Knowledgeable Personal Angkor Guide!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Mr. Sorm Son was the best tour guide my sister and I could have asked for on our recent visit to Cambodia. We spent 3 days with Son and his driver and visited not only the must-see temples, but also some temples not quite as popular with tourists, but equal in beauty and rich history. Son was extremely knowledgeable about the history and significance of all the temples and sites we visited- each temple has its own story! We were picked up every morning at our hotel (he was always on time) and TRUST ME, the air-conditioned car and cold towels make the world of a difference in Cambodia's heat & humidity. Son also made sure we knew the fair prices when we went shopping and recommended some great restaurants and cultural dance shows after our temple tours. He even made reservations for us at the cultural dance show and we had the best seat in the house! What really touched me was when he offered to climb the very steep steps at Angor Wat to take photos for us since we're both petrified of heights. He didn't want us to miss out!! He knows all the good photo spots and made sure to point them out to us and offer to take pics of us. We allowed us the flexibility to explore at our own pace if we liked one temple more than others. Son even bought us ointment to treat our mosquito bites. Son made our experience in Cambodia a truly unique, once-in-a-lifetime adventure! We felt that we were able to see and experience the best of what Cambodia has to offer in the limited amount of time we were there. He's incredibly thoughtful and we enjoyed really enjoyed our tour with him!! Like many others, we found Son via Trip Advisor and we couldn't be happier with our time spent with him :)

Visited October 2012

“Cold towels, air conditioned car, interesting sights and great guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We are currently in Siem Reap on a 3 day tour with Sorm Son. I booked it based on trip advisor reviews and have not been disappointed. Mr Ss and his lovely safe driver have picked us up every morning and taken us to all the main sites on hIs recommendatIons and stops for pIctures/shops or anythIng else we want to do. Everything is easy with them, the driver picks us up within seconds of us appearing at the edge of each temple with cold towels, water and a car with great air conditioning. It sounds like something small but it is wonderful when it is sooo hot like yesterday. This means we have had loads of energy for shopping, eating and drinking on pub street in the evenings. Mr S has told us loads of local and historical information about the temples including personal hIstory of his growing up in Cambodia which has meant we have had an added insight into Cambodia history and the local people. Book Mr Sorm Son now...it makes your whole trip to Siem reap amazing!

Southern California
4 attraction reviews
“BEST tour guide for Siem Reap!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Mr. Sorm Son is a person with incredible depth and knowledge of a country he loves very much. Son picked us up at our hotel for 3 days worth of tours from Angkor Wat to the tomb raider temple (Ta Prohm) to the floating villages in Tonle Sap Lake. He also suggested other temples that were less known and just as beautiful. He always took us to the temples at a time where there weren't a lot of crowds and knew where all the good photo spots were too so we could take expand our photo library. My sister and I are afraid of heights too, and Son offered to climb up to the top of Angkor Wat for us to take pictures so that we had those beautiful shots too!! He has a vast knowledge of the history of each temple, I don't know how he holds all that knowledge in his head, but it's awesome. He gave us great recommendations for a traditional Cambodian dinner and a cultural dance too, and also told us what we could get at the night markets and what prices to negotiate. He saw that we broke out in hives from our mosquito bites and got us medicine for them too. He really is the nicest, most considerate tour guide you could ever ask for and you will not regret booking him. Thanks Son for an AMAZING time in Siem Reap!!

Visited October 2012
Orlando, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Great guide to explore the beauty of Angkor Wat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We actually booked with a different company but ended up getting switched to Mr Sorm Son for 2.5 days of private touring in Siem Reap area. Truthfully I think we are glad it worked out as it did! Son was very personable, spoke great English, and was very knowledgeable of the historic sites visited. He also shared his own experiences that helped us to better understand what Cambodia has gone through over the past few decades.

Looking back I may have adjusted the itinerary a bit, but it was an itinerary I originally setup with a different company and not Son. Also when you buy multi-day tickets make sure you ensure the passes are marked properly, we learned the hard way that the park service is not flexible or customer focused. Overall it was a great experience and Angkor Wat definitely goes down as one of the best places I've visited in the world! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mr Sorm Son to anyone!

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect tour guide! Sorm Son is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Sorm Son was our guide to Siem Reap and the temples of Angkor for our three day stay in the region.

He picked us up at the airport on arrival and talked us through the history of Siem Reap and other facts about the recent and not so recent history of Cambodia. Incredible breadth and depth of knowledge setting us up for our tour of the temples.

He made various suggestions which allowed us to decide which temples we wished to see in the time we had available. He also took us to some hidden temples in more remote areas which was fantastic.

Highlight was certainly the sunrise at Angkor Wat where, thanks to Sorm, we arrived before the crowds and had without doubt the best spot to witness it!

Fantastic tour guide and genuinely kind, funny and genuine person. There is certainly no better way to experience the wonders of Angkor.

Thanks Sorm Son!!!