“Paradise in Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Petit Villa Boutique & Spa

You added Petit Villa Boutique & Spa to your Saves list
Petit Villa Boutique & Spa
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Wat Damnak, Salakamroeuk | walking distance to pub street, 1$ remork ride to night market, Siem Reap 063, Cambodia   |
Ranked #77 of 382 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“Paradise in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The minute I stepped through the front gate I felt welcome. Everyone was attentive to my needs and responded to any questions that I had. Choueang Kim was always there with a smile and comunicated clearly with her English. My flight left early in the morning and she got up and prepared a "to go" breakfast even though breakfast hour had not started. Thanks for the wonderful stay in Cambodia. When I return to Siem Reap I will stay at Petit Villa.

Gary Finlinson

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ThePetitVilla, Owner at Petit Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013

a warmest greetings from your home in Cambodia!

Thank you so much for a value comment you have shared on this forum, it was our great honor of having you stayed with us.

I have shared your words to our staff member especially Chueang that worked tirelessly of ensuring that you get the warm and feel this is your home in Cambodia. I thank you on behalf the entire staff of Petit Villa for valuing our hard work.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back home again soon. Please do drop us a line

Siem Reap - Angkor - Cambodia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

A stunning boutique hotel in Siem Reap. A lot of thought has gone into this hotel, everything has been considered and has meaning. The rooms are a nice size and tastefully decorated staying true to the Khmer style. It has a wonderful pool surrounded by a mini forest.
It is a 5 min walk to the famous Pub Street and the Night Market, but far enough not tombe noisy.
But the best is the staff, nothing is too much for them, they really complete the experience.

Room Tip: Ground floor at the pool
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ThePetitVilla, Owner at Petit Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, March 3, 2013

a warmest greetings from your home in Cambodia!

Today is brighter day; team, manager of petit villa and myself in particular feel so emotional once realizing how our resident grade us on the form of highest satisfaction especially from an experience traveler such as yours who appreciate the inner of our place. Where we are alway on the ground of ensuring each and every one feel this is their home. I like to thank you for pointed it out.

Such encourage words make us stronger of ensuring that our current and future travel will at best get fond memorable experience while reside at Petit Villa

I have shared your kind words toward Petit's team, I , on behalf of the team, wish to extend our profound appreciation and thank you for making us stronger.

Petit Vill is built in Khmer Highest spirit that allow foreign guest understand the culture and unique our concept. Khmer Home, Khmer Hospitality.

We look forward to welcoming you home soon and drop us a line shall you schedule back to Cambodia.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

there was overbooking in the beginning but the problem was solved pretty quickly and we are very satisfied with how the staff handled the situation, especially would like to thank the manager and Ms Kim Choueang, who also kindly showed how to fold lotus flowers. the room is nice but the floor looks dirty (even though it is quite clean) plus there is some strange stench in the bathroom, however after the room is made, it always smells nice, like lemon grass. we were happy to get a fruit basket when we arrived and it was also refilled a few times. the staff are so kind and attentive, it is amazing. breakfast was good, fruit platter and fruit shakes were our favorite; although we felt a little more variety would be nice, that was only because we stayed there for 10 days, for a short stay it should be totally fine. the massage was not bad, i liked the body scrab but facial was more like a face wash, anyway the price was only 38 dollars for the whole package so i can"t complain. some relaxing music and aroma in the room could help as well. we were flying out at night so we were very grateful that they let us keep our room until we got into taxi, having a late check-out saved us a lot of energy. we are very thankful to the hotel management and the staff for our great holidays. we will be happy to stay there again and we will gladly recommend the hotel to our friends.

• Stayed January 2013
ThePetitVilla, Owner at Petit Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, March 2, 2013

a warmest greetings from your home in Cambodia!

Thank you so much for your value comment made known to the world on this forum, i cannot express enough after having heard that our resident left with great memorable experience such as yours.

I have shared your words toward Petit's team especially Choieng, she felt so touch that you have shared this kind of such courage word. I thank you

I , on behalf of the team, wish to extend our profound appreciation and thank you for staying at Petit Villa.

The unique concept of our room that set in different from other to remind the 60s concept where you can see the our hand made black and white floor title. that is not shining floor title of course because it all hand made product.

I looking forward to pleasure of welcoming you back home again, drop us a line shall your schedule fixed.

Kuala Pilah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The place is nice and clean but the flooring tiles need to be polished often. The bathroom is beautiful but the management have to do something with the smell that occurred because of the drainage system, I supposed. Overall, the service and the staff are excellent but if possible, please do not forget to pick-up your customer on time at the airport! You can read my blog regarding our holidays here in Siem Reap : http://ibuhani.blogspot.com/2012/02/holiday-2012-siem-reap-cambodia.html

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ThePetitVilla, Owner at Petit Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hi there,

a warmest greetings from your home away from home in Cambodia!

Thank you for choosing Petit Villa as place of your choice during your trip in Angkor Wat - Siem Reap.

Not even though we, and staff did try to do what possible we could to ensure our resident will left with a great memorable experience that nothing make us more happier when seeing such a lovely comment you have shared!.

It took alots of your valuable time to write and share on this forum for which I cannot express enough of thank you that you did appreciate what petit team member is offered.

I, in particular took our resident comment seriously and adapted what best can suit our resident need to allow future traveler will alway get best excellent experience in Siem Reap. that is me and my team desire.

We owed you a big thank you and looking forward to welcoming you back home soon. drop me a line directly when you plan to visit siem reap again.

Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We spent 2 nights in Petit Villa Boutique. Everything was great. It is beautiful and when you enter the place, you have the impression to enter in a tropical garden. The place is well decorated. The food at the restaurant is very good and you have lots of choice for the breakfast and it is hearty too. The staff is friendly and helpful. Everything is made to make you feel comfortable and relax. The swimming pool is clean and quiet big. The room was well decorated and clean. New towels every day. We enjoyed our stay there and it is worth your money. Thanks to the staff who received us so well and made our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ThePetitVilla, Owner at Petit Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hi there,

a warmest greetings from your home away from home in Cambodia!

Thank you for choosing petit villa as place of your choice during your recent trip in siem reap.

It touch our heart, what a lovely comment you have shared!. I cannot express enough of thank you that you did appreciate what petit team member is trying to do out of their way for making sure the resident will at the end get the real experience of how Khmer hospitality be offered such as yours. This is what petit vill offered .

Me in particular very delighted that our team be part of your great memorable experience whilst you in Siem Reap. I thank you for pointed out how appreciation you have had toward our lovely room design and well fitted Champa Cafe memu prices.

We owed you a big thank you for believing us and looking forward to welcoming you back home. drop me a line directly when you next visit schedule.

West Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Petit Villa Hotel and Spa a wonderful find, lush garden, lovely pool, large clean rooms, fantastic staff. Just overall a great spot to retreat to after a long day at Angkor Wat or the surrounding area. The restaurant serves nice well priced meals. We enjoyed our stay and if ever back in Siem Reap would definitely return and recommend it to fellow travellers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ThePetitVilla, Owner at Petit Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hi there,

a warmest greeting from your home in Siem Reap !

I cannot express enough after learning how pleased you did enjoy the stayed at Petit Villa, whereby i did pass on your kind words to the staff member this morning to share what the wonderful job they have contributed with a tear of their eye of how excitement they are.

Me in particular very delighted that our team be part of your great memorable experience whilst exploring the temple of angkor. I thank you for pointed out how appreciation you have had toward our lovely room design and well fitted Champa Cafe memu prices.

I, on behalf of the staff member wish to extend our gratitude of appreication to you that selected our place of choice and we are looking forward to welcome you back home soon.

Bern
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights. There where some tiny problems but the friendly staff did a high performance to fix it right away. Its a quite oasis in the hectic siem reap and we enjoyed the poolside after visiting the Temples. We had the Bad feeling the staff is under a High pressure by the owner, which made us a bit sad cause they are very helpful and nice. We do hope the owner does realize the high importance of treating staff nice, cause the customers always do notice if its not happening.
Over all Prices are a bit high for what you get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ThePetitVilla, Owner at Petit Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I, thank you that you like our place in overall and with my due respect i hope this is a real guest who experienced and stayed with us.

Not a paid person who trying to mislead the information toward our property.

With my heartfelt i deeply regret to hear the VERY FIRST TIME in my entire life that me as owner did put a lots of pressure toward our employee that was TOTALLY against my WILLS and PRINCIPLE as Khmer. I invite the resident who reside with us to meet me who wish to hear my vision toward this small boutique why it is unique in many way.

Without real/true comment we, owner of the property will not able to deliver what best our resident expected and I took it very seriously and implemented for the best interest of our guest and my people.

We recently registered with government of employee insurance for our staff called NSSF Social (national social security fund) that provide the basic health care to our employee even though Petit Villa is small place but with big heart and lot more we did.

We recently donated cash to one of the our staff who not able to work for 1 week because of her sickness plus a full monthly paid.

Due the demand of guest, we recently invested the latest state of art Laptop size Safety Deposit Box for the entire property

Allow me to share what is Petit Villa about?

We created this unique place to deliver the homely feel and allow resident to experience the real khmer culture and hospitality as witnessed, out of 100 reviewer that rate us the best place to stay with the friendly staff and owner and we won the TRIP ADVISOR AWARD travel of CHOICE 2013 among top 20 hotels out of 290 hotels in Siem Reap.

Khmer is known as the polite people with genuine smile , honest, respect all over Asia as resulted you can view in any website of how Khmer people offer the hospitality especially on Trip advisor forum to tourist and among our people.

Again, i asked the reviewer to look back my reply or send me directly to my personal email md@petitvilla.com for further clarification if any.

As business owner i cannot deliver what best to ensure the total satisfaction toward our resident without a real comment that offered by an educated traveler/ experience traveler there our job will get harder to achieve without the facts.

But such inaccurate information that can only provided by the uneducated person. I hope this is a real guest who may encounter or experience differently at our place or not the newly created person to post the comment. I must apology for that.

Petit Villa Boutique & Spa

Been to Petit Villa Boutique & Spa? Share your experiences!