We arrived from Laos to Siem Reap pretty late at night, due to our malfunctioning bus.
After being asked by a thousand Risha drivers to be taken to a hotel, we were finally on the way the "Golden Temple Villa"....or at least we thought so.
The problem was that our Riksha driver made a mistake with the hotel name and drove us to the "Siem Reap Temple Villa"....
When we arrived to the hotel we saw that it's not the correct one. Since it was already 02.30am and from the outside it seemed nice (incl. a pool) we decided to give up and booked a room with AC there.
The room we've got seemed all right at first....
Later we saw that the sealing in bathroom was broken and had a huge hole over the toilet...
The toilet itself was disgusting and filthy!
There was hardly enough water to flush down.
The sink was full with orange spots of rust and other dirt.
We tried to change the room but there was no other room with AC available anymore ;-(
So we were too tired to go around to look for a new hotel, especially after our 18 hours drive.
We just took a shower and went to sleep.
Unfortunately we didn't manage to sleep a lot during the night since there were loud noises from drunken people shouting through the entire corridors.
At about 07.00 am we suddenly woke up and our room was extremely hot and humid.
We saw that the AC stopped working and went down to the reception to ask if there is an emergency generator that the rooms will have AC again.
We had back luck!
After another 1,5 hours sweating in bed, we woke up.
We tried to take a shower but also the water system of the entire hotel was not working!
In end we got a small bucked from the cleaning lady to wash at least our face.
By the time we packed our stuff, we actually saw how dirty our room was.
The sheets were filthy and had marks....
Between the bed and the bathroom was a glass window and what we did not see in the night...was how disgusting this glass window was!
There were lots of hand marks and other body liquids sprayed all over it!!!
I guess there is not much to say anymore....except DON'T BOOK A ROOM THERE!
It disgusting and overpriced!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.