“Up and down ride but still good for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Siem Reap Temple Villa
186 Phum Wat Dom | Nuk Kum Salakamreuk, Siem Reap, Cambodia   |
Ranked #234 of 324 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Up and down ride but still good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was not our original choice but a mix up with bookings found us there. We paid $15 for a room which was big had two double beds big bathroom, tv and air con. The hotel also had a pool which is great. The hotel was a little loud at night but what letdown this place was the staff. By our 5th night we asked for our room to be cleaned. Hours later we went upstairs to find 6 cleaners/maintenance in our room having a jolly old time sitting on our beds laughing away, not very comforting I must admit. Nothing was stolen or moved around though so no harm done. The owner seemed like a nice man not many of the other staff were too helpful though and we were over charged for our bus ticket and the not given an actual ticket haha lucky we had a good tuk tuk driver that jumped the counter at 5.am to fill us out a new one.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Thurso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

After reading the previous reviews I'm wondering if I actually stayed at the same hotel? I certainly wasn't part of a 'scam'. I was met by a lovely tuk tuk driver Thea off the boat in Siem Reap from Phnom Penh. I was alone and had nowhere to stay so he suggested here, but he also said if I didn't like it he would take me elsewhere.
I had no problems checking in, the staff were lovely and showed me to a room on the ground floor. HUGE bed, clean sheets and a large bathroom which is basically all I needed for my stay, so I did.
I only stayed for 5 nights so I wasn't worried about the room being cleaned everyday. If I had asked I'm sure they would have. There is a laundry service, clothes came back clean (except white t-shirt-but what was I thinking???) Wifi is available in reception.
On one of the days I needed to go to the market and one of the staff offered to come with me to help with haggling etc. Very helpful and handy! It was also nice to chat and spend time with a local.
The hotel itself was off a quiet street but not too far from the market and town, and the pool a welcome relief after a day at the temples.
The only downside I could see was sometimes the service was very relaxed, which for me is not a problem but others may not like.
I strongly recommend chatting/hanging out with the locals. My experience in Cambodia could not have been better. I cannot wait to go back next year and I will be staying here again!
Thanks everyone for the stay! from 009!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We got here with the help of our tuk tuk driver and we didn't have the energy to go somewhere else after a 15 hour bus trip from Hanoi.
The pool is nice and (looks) clean, everything else is dirty.
A lot of travelers here seems to like it thou, staying longer than they thought.
17USD including breakfast is what we paid. WiFi works in the pool area, restaurant and reception.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

This hotel is terrible, please avoid it at all costs. We were coming from Laos, and were told that we would have to change buses before arriving in Siem Reap. When we did change buses, a very "friendly" local called Tommy said he was organising our next bus to Siem Reap. He said we would arrive after midnight, when we were told we would arrive between 9-10pm, and that if we hadn't booked a hotel, he knew a really good one which he could take us to. He showed us the hotel leaflet, said that it was $8 per night for a double room with fan and free wifi;  it looked very nice. When we arrived in Siem Reap, it was around 2:30am, we were really tired so we went with Tommy in his tuk-tuk to Siem Reap Temple Villa Hotel.  They showed us the room, said it was $8, it looked ok and we took it. After having a shower, the bathroom was completely flooded and the stink was terrible. The room didn't have wifi. The next morning, the staff at  reception were really rude, you had to ask several times to be attended even to get a towel. Anytime we ordered something, they never thanked us and it seemed they we're doing us a favour. We asked to move rooms, they said there was no problem and that the price would be still $8 per night. We requested to pay the daily bill, but they said that only when we checked out. In the new room, the bathroom was even worse, it stank of urine and flooded when we showered. We asked information about the bus prices to the Thai border, they told us it was $8, we said we would think about it and the receptionist came after us to tell us we should get it ASAP because it was a busy route. We found the same ticket for $6 in town.
 When we checked out and tried to pay our bill, the room was charged at $10! We'd asked them several times about the cost of the room and had been told it would be $8.  We argued with them very politely, but when the conversation got more intense, the receptionist threatened to call the police.  We decided it wasn't worth arguing about and paid the bill. Now we know why that local was so "friendly", he got his commission taking us there,  why they don't want you to pay the bill daily, they will charge you more! We also found out breakfast was included but they never mentioned it. It's a SCAM.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I found the rooms to be clean and good for the price. However WiFi is advertised for every room NOT TRUE . Its free in the lobby . I came here with a guide from Sihanoukville (if you ever go there go to Toojee bar khmer traditional massage 50m from the golden Lyons.((come from serindipty beac to the Lyons tern left)) Toojee is very helpful and can organize trips and anything else you might want to do tell her steve sent you) the villa sorted out a guide for the temples for me $25.00 for the 3 main temples.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

No value for money. Rooms were not cleaned, had to ask multiple time, had to go get your own toilet paper. Said they were too busy and staff rude. Overcharged for beers that we did not have. There credit card machine was broke. Drains in bathroom were blocked and had an inch of water on floor after shower

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Banlung, Cambodia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Our room and the whole hotel are very dirty.
The staff are unfriendly and don't care.
Our bathroom (and with the door open the whole room) smelled like a sewer.
After one night we checked out.
PLENTY of other cheaper AND better places to find in Siem Reap.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Siem Reap Temple Villa? Share your experiences!