“A Quiet Oasis” 5 of 5 stars

unknown | PSAR CHAA AREA, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Improve this listing
Ranked #190 of 425 restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian
Description: Traditional Khmer cuisine + French and other western Cuisine as well
Radford VA
“A Quiet Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We discovered this little restaurant down a side street close to the Old Market. We appreciated the quiet, food and service enough to eat there twice. It was pleasant watching the local neighborhood people and we loved the neighborhood cat.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Lyon, France
“Best khmer food experienced in Cambodia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is the best khmer food we had the chance to taste during our 3 week stay in Cambodia, and one of the cheapest! the Amok Chicken is just wonderful, and the lotus roots salad is surprising, fresh, and delicious. We came back 2 times even though our hotel was far away , and I had to order Amok one more time because it was so good. What's great is that this restaurant, while located just a few steps from pub street and the centre of Siem Reap, is actually pretty secluded and separated from the noise and pollution, and (god bless), tourist agitation... The little alley in which it's located is actually one of the rare places I found some rest in this city. And the service is very nice, while not being particularly slower than other traditionnal Khmer restaurants (all dead slow from what I've seen)...

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very cosy & lowbudget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, GREAT prices. I drank fresh Jasmine tea (from leaves/flowers)got a whole pot for only 50 cents! Food is good for what you pay. And THE cosiness of the street is priceless! Must do on a chill day.

“The name says it all”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

I ate here once 4 yrs ago. Granted it wasn't expensive unless u consider what I got. I had veg fried rice which was basically fried rice. There was maybe w0 pieces of tinily diced carrot, some tiny diced green bean, maybe 1, and about 1/4 of an egg. The rice was nicely flavoured though. I was so put out by it I noted the name and never forgot about it. I've waited 4 yrs to complain about this restaurant on line. I've always wanted to. That's how 'cheated' I felt.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic Khmer food at a very reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011 via mobile

We bumped into this restaurant when hanging around in the old market and it turned out to be an excellent surprise.

Despite its old decoration, both service and food were excellent with a wide range of Khmer dishes to choose from (menu included pictures) and a few western dishes.

I think the restaurant has been renamed as Socrates II Restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere