I was recommended this place by other travellers and have not been disappointed - great host, chilled and friendly vibe and the rooms are clean and light!
As it's my first time to Cambodia, I can't compare it to other hostels in the local area, but as previous reviews have mentioned - this place is perfect. Definitely the best hostel I've stayed in in Cambodia (I stayed at another highly rated one In another city that cost three times as much and was awful compared to this one). I'd even go as far as saying it's one of the best I've stayed at in all my travels.
It is really new (Hak opened it 6 months ago) but already, Hak's got everything right.
I didn't know what time i'd be arriving in Siem Reap so didn't use the free pick up (luckily as my bus was 2 hrs later than expected) and it cost $4 via tuk tuk from the bus station. (It probably should have only cost $3, but hey ho)
I requested a single a/c room for $10 but they didn't have one so I was instead offered a twin room with fan, super clean and new bathroom and hot water for $6!!! In the end, I didn't even need the fan as it was quite a cool evening (mid dec), so the room was perfect.
It's not just the price and amenities that are great though - Hak really is a fantastic host. His English and attention to detail is great (I was given a glass of cold water on arrival before even taking a room - perfect after a 12 hour bus trip from Kep).
The breakfast (included with the room) was good - there were quite a few things to choose from - I had two boiled eggs, a baguette, tea and a little fruit salad. (Not really sure what other reviewers expected from a hostel but I was impressed).
As for distance to the sights - it's a 15 min walk - dark but straight roads from the main bar area, or a $1-2 moto/tuk tuk which takes a few minutes). It's really not far, plus personally I found it nice to be out of the centre.
Hak arranged a tuk tuk to Angkor and sorted everything whenever i wanted it - you don't have to book ages in advance, i just told him 30mins before I wanted to leave. Another bonus if you are running out of the currency is that they avcept cards so you just pay for everything at the end of your stay. Really couldn't recommend this place enough!
- Also Known As:
- Hak`s House - Siem Reap Guesthouse Hotel Siem Reap
- Hak`s House - Siem Reap Guesthouse Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and enjoy the total comfort at Hak's House - Siem Reap bed and breakfast, a tropical and peaceful garden villa with 16 spacious rooms with relaxing lounge where you can relax your mind with friendly staff who can speak English very well. We are located just about 10min walk from Old Market and Pub Street (City Center) and 15mins ride from Angkor Wat & Siem Reap's International Airport.We are a Khmer family-run business that aims to provide our guests with a home away from home! Enjoy a friendly, relaxing and intimate stay with us in our 16 exclusive private Deluxe Rooms (A/C room); each room comes equipped with 80-channel satellite TV, hot shower, and fresh sheets and towels when our staff cleans your room everyday! We provide free airport pickup or bus station pick up as well. All rooms rate included breakfast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Hak's House - Siem Reap Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.