“If you want an in-depth tour of the Angkor Temples, this is the tour company to go with.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angkor Wat Tour Guides - Private Day Tours

Angkor Wat Tour Guides - Private Day Tours
Airport road, No 8002 Kok Dong, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #151 of 483 Tours & Activities in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Journey through Angkor Wat and its spectacular monuments with officially certified tour guides from Angkor Tour Guide , we offers professional guides to help you navigate through enchanting Angkor Wat and its many spectacular temples! Our goal is to create a special, memorable journey packed with incredible sightseeing and exploration in beautiful Angkor Wat and another interesting site around Cambodia.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2015

This was our first visit to the Cambodia and the Angkor temples. For three days we were immersed in the stories of the Ramayana, which are the core of the carvings of the temples of Angkor, and the history of the amazing temples themselves, by Mara Long our guide. He and our driver, Sarith, made our visit to Angkor one of the most exciting, enjoyable, and informative tours we have ever taken. I highly recommend this tour company. They cater their tours to the needs and wishes of their customers. I look forward to returning for another tour one day in the not too distant future.

Visited March 2015

• Polish first
Seoul, South Korea
11 attraction reviews
“Very knowledgeable and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

I visit Angkor Wat almost every winter with groups of professors and students. Over the years, I have used different guides. I have not had any ‘bad’ guide, but each has his own strength/weakness. This time, Mara Long was our guide, and I can say that he was by far the best that I have had. His explanations of the Khmer history, architecture and religious symbolisms of Buddhism and Hinduism were really clear and thorough. This year, our group had 9 people with different itineraries. Mara took care of all the arrangements flawlessly. On my next visit, I am sure I will try to get him again.

Visited February 2015
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Top guide company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2015

These guys are the best tour company.

A few things - guides were super knowledgable - took you off the trail and you didn't just follow the standard. They were adaptable -we had 2 kids - they slowed the pace down, had other activities for the kids. Super reliable and friendly everything delivered as planned, ontime or early.

These guys are Pros - so if you don't want to mess around go with them.

You might think you are paying more (or a premium) and maybe you are - but it is worth ever cent,

Visited April 2015
Yeppoon, Australia
“The perfect guide to visit Siem Reap and the Temples”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

I and my friend did a two seek roundtrip i Cambodia and Vietnam in April last year. The Vietnamese travel agent who organised our trip arranged Mr Khoun Vuthy (Thy) to be our guide in Siem Reap and Angkor Wat. We could not have had a better guide. He has profound knowledge of the temple area, and he is very helpful, friendly and has a good sense of humour. I wholeheartedly recommend him. If you have him as a guide you are looked after by a professional. If you would like to have Thy as your guide please give him a call on +855 12 630 785.

Wytham, Oxford
11 attraction reviews
“Wholeheartedly Recommend Angkor Wat Tour Guides - Perfect Hosts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

With the amount of temples to see and the crowds to negotiate, arranging a trip to the sites of Siem Reap can be a logistical nightmare. Add in very hot temperatures and the huge number of tour companies / guides available and the problem gets greater.

I tackled this by making a list of the main things I wanted to see, deciding to only visit temples in the morning, spreading this over 4 days and only taking a driver, not driver + guide. I then went to TripAdvisor and took the names of about the top 10 listed guides / companies, and sent them all the same email detailing my requirements.

The result was quite easy! Only Mara from Angkor Wat Tour Guides sent me back a recommended itinerary that took into account all of my requirements - many of the others totally ignored them. (Mara has his own website and email domain name - being a web developer this is always a geeky plus for me!)

Mara and our driver arrived promptly at our hotel on our 1st day, with Mara confirming our itinerary and taking payment. All very efficient. We were introduced to Sarith, our very pleasant, calm and efficient driver and we were off to our first temple in our air-con mini bus - just the two of us. Perfect.

Sarith couldn't have been better: he spoke English and gave us basic info as we went from place to place - he did not accompany us around the temples, which is what we had asked, but always made absolutely sure we knew where to meet him afterwards (often at a different place from where we entered). He was really nice to be with, talking a little about his life and his family, but he never took over the conversation, and left us in peace when we wanted it. For us, he was the perfect person to accompany us around the stunning sites. In addition, on the way back to our hotel, he always asked if we needed to be anywhere else, for provisions, bank, etc.

So, thank you Sarith, Mara and Angkor Wat Tour Guides - you gave us the perfect itinerary, organised without any hassle or difficulty, exactly to our requirements and provided us with a very safe driver who looked after us perfectly. You helped make our stay in this stunning area even more special and you did it without any hassle and at a very competitive price. I would wholeheartedly recommend you to other travellers.

Visited March 2015