“Great place to eat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Raja Angkor Restaurant

Raja Angkor Restaurant
Sivatha Boulevard | Mondul I, Svaydangkom Commune Siem reap district, Siem Reap 855, Cambodia
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #142 of 477 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Southwestern, Asian, Barbecue, Cambodian, Café, Pub, Pizza & Pasta, Fusion, Fish & Chips
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a loverly dinner after watching the sunset at Angkor Wat. Service was great, as we had a very nice young man serve our dinner. He was very inquisitive, and wanted to know how we were enjoying Cambodia. He seemed genuinely interested in what we had to say. He made excellent recommendations about the menu and was very attentive to our every need. The food was fantastic. My wife had the salmon - she loves salmon and said it was the best she ever had. Our server recommended the special of the night. Two skewers, with salad and a draft, for $2.50. Must say, the best $2.50 meal I ever had. Presentation was excellent, and the desert was very good as well. When all was said and done, dinner, drinks, dessert/tea for my wife and I, tallied a whopping $26 US. The beauty... after dinner, the night market and Pub Street were only a 4 minute walk down the street. I really don't know how this restaurant is not in the top 10 in Siem Reap.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We sampled the tapas style sharing plates and they were well worth it! Amazing flavour combinations! Great friendly staff - I think this place is ranked a bit low!

• Visited July 2013
Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand
“great food great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place is definitely understated the food was superb and the service also impeccable. Had catfish amok and a shrimp and panama salad the presentation was excellent . The Restaurant is beautiful with a lovely outdoor area lit beautifully with lights in the trees just a short walk from pub street but a world away. Great value for money and an added bonus they have the best toilets in Cambodia

• Visited May 2013
Singapore
“This restaurant deserves to be on your must visit list!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was a little surprised to find this restaurant a little low on the list of best restaurants in Siem Reap. This was definitely one of the best meals we've had in Cambodia and we're thankful our hotel recommended it to us.

The food was lovely, service was really prompt and prices are so good (USD.90 for a barbequed chicken wing!) you'll be asking for seconds. My suggestion is go for the BBQ items as they were all very tasty. I had the ginger chicken rice set and it was fine if you like loads and loads of ginger (I did). Portions are pretty big as compared to Khmer standards IMO so if you're a small eater, go for the BBQ or share with your friends.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Forest Row, UK
“Excellent Cambodian Cuisine and Pleasant Ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This restaurant specialises in Khmer cuisine, and it also has a stylish open-air barbecue on the side that is open to the road, where you can select items to be freshly cooked for you.

Despite the restaurant being very busy, the service was very prompt. Staff were helpful in suggesting Khmer delicacies to choose from the menu, and were exceptionally attentive and friendly. There was also live music with traditional Khmer instruments.

On our first visit we tried a special set menu - a kind of 'taster' or introduction to Khmer cooking $12). It consisted of an astonishing 12 items (3 salads, 2 chicken dishes, prawns, jellied eels, rice, and 4 kinds of dessert). The food was beautifully presented in delightful small dishes of banana leaves, and it was delicious. On the second visit I put together a sumptuous barbecue.

Raja Angkor is a little pricey by local standards, but you are obviously paying in part for the central location and the ambiance. The inside space of the restaurant, though it is quite large, manages to feel quite intimate - suitable for candle-lit dining.

Tip: I found the prices for food very reasonable, considering the quality) but drinks were rather more expensive than in local restaurants. So if you are on a budget, maybe you should top up first in Pub Street!

• Visited April 2013