“My favourite in SR” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 474 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Healthy, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Description: We created Il Forno in 2011 after many years dreaming of opening a traditional Italian Restaurant outside Italy where we would serve authentic Italian food like our grandmothers used to cook. The only addition to our grandmother's kitchen was the building of an original stone brick fire wood oven from where to make pizzas according to the southern italian tradition. We pride to import every single ingredient ( veggie & fruits aside)on our menu directly from Italy and to make all our food home made and fresh daily. Our fantastic team of chefs/cooks start their day very early to prepare our pizza dough that need 10/12 hours before its naturally risen and to prepare home made tagliatelle, tortellini , gnocchi and so on , exactly like we used to in Italy half a century ago.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“My favourite in SR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

As a resident in Cambodia you learn to learn to value some of the restaurants that provide really good quality European food (Khmer food is fantastic, but we all need some reminders of home!). The quality of food here is fantastic - ingredients are spot on. The wine is great too.
While it's a tad more expensive than some of the surrounding restaurants, it's really not bad considering the quality of food.
Only down side if the restaurant opposite kind of ruins the atmosphere of the alley i think. So try and get a table inside rather than out in the alley.

• Greek first
Osaka, Japan
“fabulous all round.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had stayed in Siem Reap for a week, and as much as I loved Khmer food, my palette was craving something else so we looked at our guidebooks from Japan and found this lovely restaurant. It was originally quite hard to find, as we didn't think the small alleys had any restaurants, but we were really pleasantly surprised!! this restaurant is very pretty (I think it would be an ideal setting for a date) and of a good size (you don't have to shout to get attention).

We were feeling starved for non-rice carbs, so we ordered the funghi pizza, fresh tomato pasta, lasagna and some angkor beer. The owner (I think?) asked us if we'd like to use the Wi-Fi while we were waiting for the food, which was very nice of him, (and he came back after a while to ask how we were finding the food too) and when the food came, all three dishes were top-notch! and I am a real foodie too. I must say I wasn't really expecting to find such good Italian food in Siem Reap so it was a real treat. had my stay been longer I would have gone back a good few times!

I've read some peoples reviews saying this place is expensive compared to other siem reap eateries but come on- what about all the stuff that needs to be imported? and compared to how much it is at home, or in any other tourist-filled city- I think it's still very reasonable! so if you're wanting something other than rice and are wondering if you should Il forno or not to Il forno, I would say GO!

• Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Great pizzza in SE Asia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Not much more to say than the title. We ordered 3 different types of pizza and all were cooked to perfection. The base was just right, the sauce delicious and the toppings plentiful and good quality. One of the best pizzas we have had in South East Asia.

Berne
“Very good place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I love asian food and usually avoid western restaurants when travelling in Asia, but sometimes I get a craving for Pasta or Pizza - and thats why I followed the Lonely Planet recommendation to Il Forno. And I was not sorry at all, as the first night I went there I had a lovely wood oven cooked Pizza, with a glass of wine and a soda, and all for 10 dollars. I went back twice more, and had two other great meals.

I dont quite understand the rewiev of the poster "before me". English is not my first language, and I probably make tons of mistakes. But to write a post where you complain about poor english, and make a lot of mistakes yourself, seems a bit strange.

Visited October 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“DON'T say yes or no!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

i'd like to say staffs(as owner responsibility)
that if you can't speak english or understand what customer said,
DON'T say yes or no.

coz of no educated staff from owner and finally no apologize(this is owner of mind),
our last night in combodia turned into bad mood.

the taste are also not very good as poor and no thick.
is the guy has no hair owner or what?

definitely NO recommend to go!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere